1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Liked for the picture, not for your pain. Have you tried stretching?

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah I did load of stretches before I tried to go out this morning. It'll get better, it just takes time - so long as I'm not sat in one place too long.

3. perplekks45

Fingers crossed it'll ease up quickly.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It did not ease up today :lol:. Ended up having to take the day off sick because I couldn't even sit at my desk without being in agony. Feeling miles better after a somewhat extended nap, so I'll definitely be working tomorrow!

perplekks45 and adidan like this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Uugh, back pain. I've found my worst have been as a result of, well, doing nothing in particular.

Last time it was because I picked up a t-shirt off the bed, I spent the rest of the day crawling on all fours. Luckily the back is a rarity for me.

Hope you shake it off soon.

Maybe it's compounded by lockdown? My frozen should has come back, thankfully not as bad as last time but I got little sleep last night and spent a good half hour in the middle of the night in constant pain.

Still, the comfiest place seems to be sat at my computer :confused::)

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Origin is downloading at 240 kb/sec.

Apparently this is a known issue and EA helpfully patched out the developer mode workaround of old. I just wanna play some Titanfall damnit :(

#Edit, 8 MB/sec, almost a quarter of what Steam can do, but I'll take it!

Last edited: 31 Mar 2021
  7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Glad the speed jumped, just a shame it’s for Titanfall :)

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Double ruination, somehow my ebay listing has been won by an Australian, despite everything being set to ship to UK only. How they did it, don't know, but the auction is now a victim of cancel culture, angry emails no doubt incoming.

And what's wrong with giant robots?

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Got the lockpick for my payphone...

...which is still locked. Dunno if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just a busted lock, but I cannot get the damn thing open for love nor money.

Going to try the picks on another barrel lock that I know opens, see if the problem's me or the picks. (It's probably me...)

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well my back cleared right up, but I started having a bit of a gout flare up on Monday also. I am now paying the rather unpleasant price of popping ibuprofen for three days straight.

On a totally unrelated note, has anyone else noticed how well the forum works on mobiles now? Makes it so easy to keep track when you're "attending to business"...

Are you using the right size pick? I don't know if you've seen it already, but there's a good video from LoclpickingLawyer on YouTube where he reviews this set and demonstrates a very simple technique. If needed I can dig it out when I'm not on mobile...

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I just didn’t take to it al all, didn’t mind the robots, but the players abilty to jump and run up walls didn’t float with me.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yup. Right number of pins, too. Tried the same pick on the arcade cabinet's cash drawer, and it popped right open.

This type of pick doesn't really work if the pins don't use uniform springs. Guess I'll have to pick up a suitable tension wrench and single-pin pick it. Bah.

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

My friendly neighbour had two heart attacks and is currently in intensive care needing a quadruple heart bypass which isn’t possible due to other complications... A couple of days prior we were talking about movies and cars without a care in the world.

Enjoy it while you can folks because you never know what's around the corner.

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Last weekend the lady's mum passed - Something we'd been expecting all week, her decline was pretty rapid in the final weeks - and the funeral was Wednesday. Which, on its own, is bummer enough (Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved that this long tale of hospice care and frustration has now got a line drawn under it), but her dad doesn't seem to have gained any kind of closure - Although he has started therapy as of yesterday, so I guess that's something.

I was hoping that when this all came to a head the change of status quo would cause her dad to take stock of the situation and, perhaps, behave slightly less like someone on the brink of doing something stupid.

That, so far, has not come to pass and there's renewed talk of her cutting off contact (Not initiated by me, mind you) with him for a period of time, which.. Eugh. It's sad enough to lose the parent you're closest to, it's sadder still to have to forcibly remove the other because their behaviour is not letting either of their children properly grieve.

Urge to shake him is rising..

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

FFS, I seem have forgotten the password for my router. Don't seem to have made a note of it anywhere.

Time for a reset to factory settings, then... Pain in the hoop!

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Have you tried ABCD?

17. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

And pa55w0rd, and 1234, and admin. No joy :(

I always make a note when I change passwords, but no sign of this particular one. What a pest.

18. perplekks45

Just do it. I am utterly convinced that in high pressure situation people don't act normally or react to the usual level of feedback. Furthermore I am utterly convinced that family bonds survive a good slap in the face in times of need... and if they don't the bond wasn't very strong in the first place.

Mister_Tad likes this.
  19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm hoping his therapy sessions take hold at some point in the not too distant future and make him less frustrating.

But if the professionals can't help him, I can't promise not to shake him!

20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Grief will make people act in strange and unusual ways. I don't know the exact circumstances here but grief affects people in different ways. Doesn't make their behaviour any easier to deal with, especially when you are grieving too, though.

perplekks45 and ElThomsono like this.