1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

In my mind, the dude in the tree's there because it was the only way he could keep two metres away from anybody else...

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'm more peeved at the state they left the park in, gormless gob****es the lot of 'em

adidan likes this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

According to some halfwit who replied in twitter to a similar fustercluck of rubbish in a Sheffield park that's a middle class problem...

Nah, it's manners and not feeling so entitled that somebody else will clean up your mess you little grotbag.

4. Risky

Risky Modder

Labour can run next election on "Last chance to save the NHS!" That would be a new one, wouldn't it?

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

More like: "Last chance to sav-- oh."

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I could almost believe that but the lack of a facemask would suggest he's just another selfish fuqwit, working hard to ensure he gets another three months off work.

7. walle

walle Minimodder

From what I can tell no worse than last years riots and social unrest.

People are beginning to reach their breaking point now, which is understandable. It's been over a year now.

In other news.
    I hope the tree gave its consent. If not it's tree climbing / tree-hugging misconduct!

Ah common now. :)

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's funny, people have been reaching their breaking point for about a year now...

9. walle

walle Minimodder

Funny or not.

Leave high functioning mammals alone and they go CRAZY, we are not wired to be alone, to be anti-social i.e. social distance, sit at home in solitary confinement etc.

It all adds up.

If the economy crashes and people lose everything they tend to lose it, if they will riot over a dead man this scenario would be worse, much worse.

10. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

This point really loses a lot of its edge when posted on an international forum that connects hundreds of people in real time.

bawjaws and Nexxo like this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Huh, you know what else is funny, it's almost as if there have actually been lockdown protests over here... How much longer is it before people go crazy and tear down the fabric of society because they're being asked to think of others?

It really is impressive how much you can distort your reality to make things fit the narrative you've decided (or been fed). We all damn well know at this point that @walle is completely incapable of having a rational discussion in good faith - and how he hasn't been banned from this section of the forum is a mystery to me - so this is mostly for the benefit of whoever else happens to be reading (most of whom probably don't need reminding)...

8 minutes and 46 seconds. An unarmed and restrained black man had his neck crushed by a police officer for 8 minutes and 46 seconds. The officer in question even warned others off when they challenged him, including emergency services. 8 minutes and 46 seconds. Why? Because he paid for some cigarettes wtih a fake $20 bill; he explicitly told police that he wasn't resisting arrest but that he didn't want to sit in the police car because he has anxiety & claustrophobia and that he was scared.

Just imagine that for a moment: you're pinned face-down to the floor, you cannot move, and someone is kneeling on your neck, slowly crushing the life out of you for 8 minutes and 46 seconds.

bawjaws likes this.
  12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That explains a lot about the behaviour of all those preppers in Washington State, stockpiling guns, toilet rolls and cans of corned beef.

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Once again:

Stop feeding the Troll.

Mr_Mistoffelees and David like this.
  14. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

So what do you suggest then, stop all lockdowns, stop all precautions and just roll the dice? Get a feckin grip man.

As of now, I have a 78yr old mother in hospital with Covid, although she is showing signs of recovery now she's still at risk. I have a 14 year old daughter with it at home, with almost no symptoms. Also as of today and her positive test this morning, my wife is suffering with Covid with heavy flu like symptoms at the moment. It's looking like I'm going to be testing positive at some point soon, maybe even my 20yr old daughter. I am now worrying about my children having to potentially suffer the loss of a parent, them being aware of that and it scaring them silly too, I'm scared for my wife and also for myself as an asthmatic.

So come on brains, justify to me why we needn't bother taking precautions! Tell me why we shouldn't bother. It's idiots like you who are the problem with Covid, when asked to take some personal responsibility and to think about those around you, you go to pieces and cry foul. If these idiots, like you, had taken the precautions and warnings seriously, then maybe we wouldn't have seen so many families ripped apart by Covid. You absolute moron!!! I have to say I'd really like to smack you upside the head!!!

15. walle

walle Minimodder

You acknowledging the point and recognizing the issue, is what matters.

16. walle

walle Minimodder

Even funnier still, is that I acknowledged it in post #4467 with you ignoring it.
    There's been protests only. No rioting, no looting and no arson.

You have to assume some level of risk to have an appropriate quality of life, as a matter of fact, you have to assume some level of risk to have any life at all.

From what I can gather these people out protesting are willing to assume that level of risk and would like for society to return to normal.

I find it rather astonishing when people think they can answer a point by attributing bad motives to the one making the point, then proceed to bring up good faith in the same breath.

A crashed economy is obviously not a reality, however, IF the economy crashes it will most certainly become the reality for most people and the ramifications would be far worse than last years riots, looting and arson.

It's a rational take on what would follow in the wake of a crashed economy. That's all.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2021
  17. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

That's utter bollocks on their part then!! What is it going to take these people to start realising that they aren't just affecting themselves and putting themselves at risk, it's every single person they associate with, their families, the health workers who may have to treat them and just about every other poor unfortunate person who comes within breathing distance of them.

We are and have been asked to take precautions because the risk is elevated to a point where it becomes unacceptable. Not just to our health but to our health services, emergency workers and those around us who we are supposed to care about. At what point would you say the precautions become unbalanced to the risks then??

Seriously, you are excusing sheer louts in their behaviour!! Get a bloody grip.

18. walle

walle Minimodder

There are people all over the place doing their best to become self-sufficient these days. They will buy a piece of land and what not, they also tend to prep.

Call me crazy, but I think it's a good thing, there's never a downside to be more self-sufficient.

19. walle

walle Minimodder

Two of our girls had the virus last year, if the third one had it she showed no symptoms.
    I think I might have had it at the end of last year, not sure though, high fever for about five days. As for my wife she never falls ill.

PS
    I just call it the Chinese Flu at this point.

Que the outbursts and the name calling.

Last edited: 3 Apr 2021
  20. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Then you were extremely lucky. My mum has been in hospital for over a week now and I think it's safe to say that we nearly lost her.

I wish I could be so blase about something that has the potential to cause life changing illness or death when it comes to my children or me as a parent. In fact no I don't, I'm glad I take the risk seriously enough to listen to medical advice and to try and deal with the risks in an entirely appropriate manner.