1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Mmmm haggis.

Ditto. Currently trying to persuade the OH the wilds of Scotland would be better than the wilds of the Lakes.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

When you're really sick of not being able to use something because you can't find a reasonably-priced DIY chassis to enclose the bare mains terminals:

[​IMG]

F' it, cardboard box it is. Should help the lookenspeepers from gerfingerpoken und mittengrabben the bare mains terminals and blowenfusen spitzensparken.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

So, I have a purple thing under my username now :eyebrow:

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nice!

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I am quite happy with how these turned out! Also @perplekks45 just in case you wondered what they looked like printed.

I do, now, need to decide how I want to do the text on them, though.. The print options all look **** IMO, and I've not liked any of the ones I've seen.

I'm thinking about painting the lettering on by hand, but.. That's a while off yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://i.imgur.com/wSkeFFK.mp4 - Video for the holographic-ness of the cards.

perplekks45 likes this.
  7. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Going too deep! :eyebrow:

boiled_elephant likes this.
  8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Finally starting to get the hang of Davinci Resolve now and implementing some more edits into my video timelines. Still simple stuff but it feels good to be doing something that I am really enjoying and feel like I am improving over time through learning.

Still need to work on my delivery (not helped by Outriders if I am honest, can get quite repetitive in parts) but feeling like I have more confidence each time I record.

Also I am loving the fact that my 3950X and system in general is finally seeing some proper use. :)

Thinking of new video ideas and planning on some series just looking at both current games and retro games (need x top HDMI adaptors for those to make capturing easier).

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I had considered switching to premiere pro to the bit vid, but then i remebered the nightmare I had working out how to do stuff in illustrator and thought better of it :worried: resolve 17 has brought in some nice inprovements like the ability to grab the entire project and save all the files in a single place to recover at a later date. Fusion still largely baffles me, but I can usually find a guide on how to do the effect I want, or something close to it and some messing about gets me there. having fairlight right in there is great too, had some interferance on the mic for quite a bit of the footage and was able to pretty much eliminate it.

xaser04 likes this.
  10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

adidan, Dr. Coin and perplekks45 like this.
  11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Today i got to sit in a Rolls-Royce Ghost EWB... Comfy.

Sam

12. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Nice, you even added ventilation holes, very professional.

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

TBF, that could've been stress relief with a biro.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well the power supply does have a fan, so... can't leave it starved for air!

Sadly I can't leave this work of genius unattended on my desk because the flippin' cats play with it. I've brought this on myself though: when we get things delivered we usually let the cats play with the empty box. Cardboard boxes - ALL cardboard boxes - therefore now belong to the cats and not us. Honestly they get more use/amusement out of cardboard boxes than all the toys, beds, etc, we've bought for them over the years.

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Also because of fires, right? If I only had a mains socket and needed to start a fire, I'd probably do something similar :lol:

Byron C likes this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Mains lead has a fuse, mains socket has a fuse - I don't see what the big deal is... :hehe:

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Nearly broke 200,000 on Tetris DX on the ol' Gameboy.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Managed to avoid disturbing the guest in my shed, despite needing to dig out the bikes again today

[​IMG]

Although the shed is where the bikes live, and if I'm going to start cycling again I'm going to have to be very careful not to disturb this nest when the chicks hatch... Last thing I want is for this adorably tiny little bird to abandon a nest full of new-born chicks because she was terrorised by a great lumbering oaf making all these loud noises.

19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

That's really sweet!

Obviously it goes without saying that disturbing nesting birds is bad, but maybe you can make her feel more comfortable by leaving some seeds or mealworms in a little dish nearby? Might mean she sees you as a friend rather than a lumbering oaf!

20. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Fixed that for you.

Byron C and Pete J like this.