1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Project Scorpion

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SIA Tech Mods, 9 Oct 2019.

1. SIA Tech Mods

SIA Tech Mods What's a Dremel?

Hi guys, it's been awhile since my last build but I finally have another in the works, This one I call project Scorpion

Going with the Thermaltake Core P5 V2 for the case, here it is with my great Sketchup skills that don't catch any details but I guess you'll see those as I add them along the build process.
    [​IMG]

Along with with the Thermaltake M360 Plus water cooling kit!
    [​IMG]

... and of course the Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 ARGB 850w PSU!
    [​IMG]

I've not got everything I need for this build yet so this will be an ongoing project, however, that said, I've made a start where I can.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When the build is going to stagger in places it is bound to leave me time to think about things that I can change to improve my design, I decided to try the Cablemod Vertical GPU mount, it looks amazing on this case and that's even with the weird 8600GT I used! :D
    [​IMG]

2. SIA Tech Mods

A little update!

It's been rather long since I had chance to do much since my kids take up most of my time and then a little hiccup with a wrong package I recieved but we are now getting there! There is just 2 things on the way but I plan to start building the loop tomorrow anyway.

Which actually brings us to the fittings I'll be using, they are beautiful to say the least! Looking forward to using these. :D
    [​IMG]

Firstly I needed some aluminium!
    [​IMG]

That was easy enough but then I wanted to get it engraved but as you see below that didn't turn out so great and was rather hard to see under normal conditions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the failure with the engraving I decided that I'll try somewhere else for my engraving, that is yet to be done but in the mean time I was able to get the finish I wanted on the panels. A brushed finish on the outside and a rough mirror finsh on the inside (No power tools and shoulder injury makes this kind of work extremely difficult) and I'm quite happy with the look, I didn't want a 100% smooth mirror finish, or at least even now I don't think so anyway, it gives it a bit of a rough look which suits the overall look I'll be going for
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully I'll be able to have this build finished soon now! :D

Cheapskate likes this.
  3. SIA Tech Mods

So... I never updated this thread it seems. I did get around to completion, I'll just go ahead and post the images.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Karrek and Cheapskate like this.
  4. Datulab

Datulab Human? AI? Robot?

Looking sharp!

SIA Tech Mods likes this.
  5. SIA Tech Mods

Thanks, sadly this build log didn't get the justice it should of had. There was much more behind this than just another build, it was inspired by my daughters Cheer team, the idea was a build for the whole team to used in the gym but due to delays in multiple area's and then Covid that idea got ruined. Still the rig got used just not as intended, there will be Scorpion mark II though.:rock:

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

An appropriate font for anything scorpion-related. :lol:
    Someone finally noticed you can hang panel mounts on the rods! The whole thing came out pretty good. :D
    Shoulder injury: Been there. Make a sanding block you can jam against your gut and do the sanding motion with your legs.
    ... :worried: Sometimes, stuff HAS to get finished.

7. SIA Tech Mods

Glad someone noticed the font!