1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Bit of an extravagant purchase tonight, Lamborghini Countach print 24 inch by 60 inch (2ft by 5ft) Signed by Larry Chen. Favourite car growing up as a child and I’ve lusted over the print for months, so pulled the trigger as there were only 2 left.

[​IMG]

LennyRhys, IanW and Pete J like this.
  2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

NGL, I thought the Countach was the extravagant purchase. £150 for a print isn't so bad if the quality's good.

3. Cookie Monster

Now that would be an amazingly extravagant purchase. From the images of prints I've seen, the quality it excellent. It also looks like he has a decent Canon printer, and as he's a pro, I expect his camers equipment isn't shabby either.

[​IMG]

LennyRhys and goldstar0011 like this.
  4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

2 grand on a printer alone, I'm sure he's got it nailed.

Honestly though something like that will bring such pleasure, it doesn't even seem spendy all things considered.

Pete J and Cookie Monster like this.
  5. Cookie Monster

I'm rather excited as I never spend money on myself.

[​IMG]

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've spent the last 15 minutes desperately DuckDuckGo and Googling my heart out trying to find some software I remember from a few years back which would serve you great: it takes an input image and details of your monitors' resolution, size, and viewing angle, then distorts the image so that from your viewing position it looks completely flat - like you're looking through angled windows at a real-life image.

The effect was *fantastic* but I'm damned if I can find it. Anyone else remember the thing I'm talking about?

EDIT:
    Chuffin' found it! Superpaper.

It takes images that don't really line up owing to angle, aspect, and pixel density:

upload_2021-4-13_11-35-34.png

And turns them into images that do:

upload_2021-4-13_11-38-15.png

Should make your background line up a bit better between the monitors!

Last edited: 13 Apr 2021
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Still wasn't able to convince the missus I need a 14,000-lumen £330 torch...

upload_2021-4-13_13-28-33.png

So I bought this one for £32 instead. A claimed 6,000 lumens, and I can believe it: it's definitely a lot brighter than the 1,050 the turbo mode on my S30R III puts out. Acts as a USB power bank, too, although the output ain't enough to make my phone say "charging rapidly" rather than just "charging." I'd measure it, but my USB power meter's gone missing...

EDIT:
    Found one: it's putting out 0.91A, well below the claimed 2A. Still, it'd do in a pinch.

EDIT EDIT:
    Now down to 0.56A and holding steady. Disappointing, that, but perhaps not unexpected given the product listing said "SuperFire" and the product documentation says "SupFire"...

Last edited: 13 Apr 2021
    LennyRhys and Almightyrastus like this.
  8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

When I received it, it was really wonky, tightened the screws which just shredded, it now stays in place correctly, but due to the screws being made of butter if it weakens over time I’m screwed. The base which the arm slots onto the desk is just a hole so if you’re desk isn’t completely flat it can sway to one side...

Expected a lot better for the price, but other than that it seems okay...

MightyBenihana likes this.
  9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Are you sure you didn't get a knock-off?

Balancing things out, I've had no such issues with my PSA1- perfectly balanced for my podmic with no adjustment required, moves freely and smoothly with a light touch and stays in place (with no change in behaviour over ~6 months), and the desk-clamp swivel mount is secure and stable.

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

That’s the kinda experience I was expecting, it’s certainly not the experience I’ve had. It definitely looks like the real deal and I don’t see any signs at all of it being a knock off. The desk clamp is secure and stable but the pole which slots in is rather loose. Seem’s to be hit or miss tbh

11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That's not decent, that's a £3000 12 colour pigment ink printer, of the kind I've lusted after for years but been totally unable to afford/justify even at my drunkest. I had access to something like that at Univeristy and those things are addictive, so much so that I got in trouble for printing out wallpapers and other such stuff with it because the prints looked so nice.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

All this talk of prints, I want the Squadron Posters print of the SR71..

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

14. Cookie Monster

@Gareth Halfacree, Thank you. I've downloaded it, I just need to work out monitor angles. Maybe this is the excuse I need to purchase a sliding bevel gauge.

What is the stat monitor looking thing, left of your right hand monitor?

15. Gareth Halfacree

Not my picture, I'm afraid - I only have one monitor!

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Very nice, I think my next one may be a Sofirn SP36 Pro, a nice 8000 lumens for around £75 on Amazon, but around £40 if I feel like playing with Aliexpress again...

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

far too much **** this month.

5.11 all missions plate carrier
    5.11 double flex pistol pouch
    5.11 single flex ar pouch
    5.11 flex admin pouch
    5.11 flex radio pouch
    Viper tactical shoulder pads
    Maxx CNC aluminium hopup chamber - pro
    Laylax (Prometheus) - 6.03MM EG Inner barrel (285MM)
    Laylax (Prometheus) AEG Soft Hop Rubber (Purple) with nub
    PTS Enhanced Polymer Stock
    PTS EPG M4 Grip

thers more i want but im gonna hold off until next months paycheck.

18. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

That's what the experience of many on YT has been. For the price, I would expect a lot better. I don't expect to have to spring for a YellowTec just to get something stable that can support a mic to be honest. Maybe I am expecting to much.

19. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A stack of these inline sockets in lieu of a patch panel...

[​IMG]

I want to maintain easy mobility of the server cab, so any patch panel would need to be outside of the cabinet. And then mounted somewhere, and ideally enclosed, yet also easily accessible... this seemed the all together simpler solution. I'll pop these on the cables at the end of the ceiling tray above the rack, label them and zip-tie to the tray for good measure.

Goatee likes this.
  20. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

New CPU Block:

[​IMG]