1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Delidded 7700k Temps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lancer778544, 24 Mar 2021.

1. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Hi guys,

Bought a delidded 7700k from the marketplace but I'm having trouble managing the temps. One core seems to be 20 degrees hotter than the rest (90+ vs high 70's) when running the CPU stress test in CPU-Z. It's under a Thermalright Macho Rev.B and installed in an Asus Prime Z270-A with no overclocking, auto voltages and I've also tried disabling the Asus all core turbo thing as well. I checked the mounting and the thermal paste (Arctic MX-4) has spread well and evenly across the whole CPU.

I've never played around with a delidded CPU before so I don't know if I'm meant to do something different vs an unmodified CPU. The CPU has had the stock Intel paste replaced and the headspreader reattached.

Even if the odd core was at the same temps as the rest, would high 70s for a delidded 7700k at stock speeds and voltages be considered pretty high? Is it worth getting it re-delidded in case something isn't right? or is the CPU cooler not as good as I think it is?

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Just to close this with the solution. I got the CPU re-delidded by a very helpful chap on ebay. Temps are now low 60's and the cores are much closer together temperature wise now. Even managed a cheeky 5GHz overclock.

oasked likes this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Sorry I missed this. I would have suggested that it sounded like it needed redoing. You often have a hot core, but not that much hotter. You get liquid metal put in it?

4. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Yep, Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Nice. One of the most nightmarish things I've done :hehe: