1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Canadia out, Turkey in.

2. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Shame, have a soft spot for Canada (due to Buttons famous win and my own personal visit) but Turkey also is a good race track so not a bad swap all told.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That was an epic win, but I've always liked that circuit.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Redbull have a car that should of been on pole for 3 races and have only delivered it once. Helmet seems to be going more insane by the day with there failure to do so. Him Blaming Norris and Mclaren for failure to give Vers a Tow is just funny. Vettel also got a call out for been in the road lol. Marko is causing alot of people to turn away from Redbull Racing, Alot of twitter comments of a Toxic Team who only care if Vers wins or delivers poles.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

#Franzwouldbethebetterboss

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Well well would you look at that... Mazespin actually made it to the end.

dead last, a full minute behind his teammate and with a penalty for driving like a tw*t, but he eventually got there

7. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

So much potential for this race but turned out to be a bit of a flop except for Norris overtakes.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep Norris and (to a lesser extent) D Ric had to provide the entertainment as up front it was pretty boring with the Red Bulls just being too slow to threaten the leisurely Sunday afternoon drive of Lewis.

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Not only that... but a Haas actually overtook someone...

...it was only Latifi, but... progress?

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

And only because Latifi binned it off the track at that corner, but it's still technically an overtake I guess.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Second half of the race was dull. Didn't even get the precession of drs overtakes like last year to keep it interesting after they shortened the drs zone. Lando just keeps on improving and at this rate will probably have a championship before max does. This year is also showing what a phenomenal team mercedes are. Well behind in the testing, now, at least in Hamilton's hands, probably the favourite. Redbull should take note about how they never look to blame anyone, but learn from mistakes and become stronger because of them. Helmut all too eager to pull out the scapegoat bag.

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Today seemed to be one of those demonstrations why Lewis has 7 titles, on a day when the car is arguably the second fastest, he still runs away with it. Meanwhile Max lost pole and the lead to two very small mistakes, which must be frustrating him enormously.

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Danny Ric? He's really not cutting it so far, I was expecting him to be challenging if not beating Norris this year - but Danny has either not settled in to McLaren or not as good as I thought, and Norris looks like he's upped his game even more on last year.

14. David

Yeah, Ricciardo has been pretty anonymous thus far. We're only three races into the season, so it's a little premature maybe, but I was expecting closer competition between the McLaren drivers. Perhaps Norris really is just that bloody good and is making DR look ordinary?

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I think he did okay in the race yesterday.
    Yes, of course that didn't mean too much due to the horrible performance on Saturday.

16. fix-the-spade

I seem to think it took Ricciardo a while to get going in the Renault as well. Good news for Norris either way.

17. rollo

rollo Modder

I see the Daily mail is pushing for Russell to Merc. Dont really understand why myself, Lando would be a much better driver for Merc if they can get him.

18. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Because he's British (but so is Lando I guess) and therefore is inherently the best thing ever - this is the daily mail after all. Don't see Lando at Merc myself, he seems happy in the Mclaren

19. fix-the-spade

Whilst I don't believe the Daily Heil, Russell to Merc must surely be a done deal by now. Unless he repeats his Imola collision four or five more times Bottas is gone at the season end. Don't forget that collision happened because Bottas was failing to outrun a Williams.

20. David

I'm sure that fact wasn't lost on Toto - didn't he something along the lines of "neither of them should have been there"?

A straight swap would probably be a better balance, to be fair. Bottas isn't a top seat driver, and Russell is clearly better than the FW43B would have you believe - I would love to see him alongside Norris at McLaren.