1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I do! But I'm lucky being married to a retired chef. :grin:

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Geez, what an ordeal :blah:

Is there something in place for if this should happen again? A big box of pills, at least?

And regarding this, the deed is done.

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

@ElThomsono, keep the trap on the go for a few days just in case you have more than one on the go. If there is a pair left...there will be MANY more soon.

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Aye, will do. It has to be done under cover of darkness though, as certain persons would rather not know about such measures :worried:

Arboreal likes this.
  5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

1. Losing weight
    2. Stretching exercises
    3. Alternate over-the-counter co-codamol and ibuprofen
    4. Call the damn doctor
    In that order. This does happen from time to time and there's really not a lot that can be done to prevent it entirely. EDIT: Although it's never been this bad before...

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Our bloody internet connection has been on a downward spiral for weeks and got much worse the last few days, culminating today in being as stable as a one-legged drunk on a pogo-stick. On the upside, Plusnet detected a fault when I phoned and have booked an engineer visit.

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Partners in hospital, had to pick her up from work because she didn't feel well. She never leaves work and has actually ended up being taken from work in an ambulance in extreme cases!

Quick call to her GP and he advised calling 999 because of her heart condition and the presenting symptoms. In now being monitored and trying to detect the reason for her elevated heart rate

Add onto that one grumpy child and one very busy work schedule = a very stressed me.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Here's hoping she recovers quickly and it's nothing serious.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

First world problems, but.

Mouse DPI creep.

A long time ago I used 4000 DPI for desktop work. That crept up to the max the mouse would do, I want to say something like 6-7000. Then I got a new mouse, I went to 8000ish. And then it's max 12000.

And now that's feeling 'slow' for desktop work. For ARMA and the like I drop down to 6000 or so, but for desktop work I just get too used to it and feel like I want more.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Corn Flakes.

Hear me out here - imagine a world where they're not a thing at all. Never have been.

Then so and so comes out this new "food"... corn flakes. Dried, compressed flakes of corn.
    And not only do they expect humans to eat this by the bowlful, they want you to pour MILK on it, and have it for breakfast??? Are they freaking insane?

And here I am eating a bowl of them like it's just a normal thing, now I'm having an existential crisis... how else have we been lied to?

11. Mr_Mistoffelees

My, ex chef and NHS trained nutritionist and dietitian wife, says you might as well eat cardboard, given the nutritional value of corn flakes.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Now let's be fair, you'd have to eat cardboard which had been sprinkled with iron and vitamin D powder...

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I stopped reading at the word "nutritionist" tbh.

EDIT: and as I re-read my post I should clarify that's not a dig at your wife and her career choice... that's my way of saying "Pah, nutrition"

Last edited: 14 May 2021
  14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Cardboard held together with staples that sat out in the garden for 30 minutes before consumption.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Partners blood pressures still really low so back to hospital, I'm currently at work but soon to leave to take over childcare. Hopefully she won't have to stay in but really needs to be addressed.

That equates to about a day and a half of work this week and a crushing stress headache going into the weekend

Woohoo...

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Today has been the first day in quite a long time I've not had anything to which coincides with my Mrs rest days, after back to back vids, both of which through up some troubles and needed more work than they should have, especially this last one where the CPU just lost 10W power from nowhere and took a lot of fiddling and probing and flashing :)eyebrow:) to get it back. Had a big lie in, had a big fryup, decided on going to the shops for some treats and watching a couple of films. It's my brother's birthday today, going to his house tomorrow for a BBQ. Sounds great right?

Well, get back from the shops, Lauren has a message from her sarge, a whole bunch of the team has been told by the covid app to self isolate. She's worried about the BBQ tomorrow, but she has some lateral flow tests to check, but even so, still a decision to be made on whether to go. Puzzled as to how most of her unit is down but not her she checks the app. Yep, there it is, isolate for 9days. Joy. First opportunity for real human contact in a long time scuppered.

Cal my brother, he doesn't answer. Lauren advises me he'd out biking. I get a call back quite quickly, he's on his way home. Via the hospital. His collar bone is currently trying to make a no orifice in his shoulder. Or rather half of it is.

Bad day all round.

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I got in a right pickle yesterday, I really did. I think the dumb part may have been over loading the washing machine....

So I got up and cleaned the kitchen etc. I hadn't been home in two weeks and there was dust all over. Cleaned everything, then moved onto changing the bed. Took all of the bed stuff (7 pillow cases, I think I am a woman...) the duvet cover and sheets and put them all in the washer. Like an idiot I figured I would save time, energy and water putting two towels and a Tshirt in with them.

I set the washer to "Bed and bath" as I was sick of the yellow sweat stains on my sheets. I sweat, a lot, mostly due to the ADs I take and it's yellow. Four hours later (no joke) it finally stopped and allowed me to open the door. Only to find everything was full of water, as Tree pointed out if they detect too much weight they won't spin. I looked at the machine trying to figure out how to spin it only, but came up empty handed. "Nae bother, lob it all in the drier and empty the tank a few times until it's dry".

Four hours. Four hours it went for. I then opened it, only to find it had caught the towels in the duvet cover and what I had was a very heavy, and still soaking wet, tangled ****ing dumbbell. I tried in vain to untangle it, and ended up taking 40 mins rolling around on the kitchen floor with it. Eventually I got it all free and decided I should first dry the towels and pillow cases, then change it for the duvet cover and sheets when it was done.

12 hours. 12 hours it ran for. And, by the law of the biggest sod in the world it was raining so I could not open the windows. So, for 12 hours I sat in a hot and noisy sauna :(

Never again. It wasn't helped by the fact that the Iceland driver got lost, turned up at 7:10 PM (with my dinner that I had to cook) and I had to go out in the pissing rain to guide him in because he had no idea how to reach my flat. And then of course lug it all up the sodding stairs, and then of course actually cook dinner at around 8pm.

Screw that.

18. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

19. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Every damn thing atm

20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Amazon

I need a battery bank:
    I need some Isopropyl Alcohol:
    It's likely that one or both of these items was produced in a foreign country, and got to the UK via a cargo ship, but delivering from the mainland across three miles of the Solent is out of the ****ing question. I can buy a battery bank from argos or currys on the island - how did they get them here?

/rant