1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other new fad for the PC modding community

Discussion in 'General' started by totalitymodz, 6 May 2021.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I also remember when rounded IDE cables were a thing... And carefully splicing apart IDE cables without splitting any wires to make your own 'rounded' cables before they became comercially available...

d_stilgar likes this.
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ahh rounded IDE cables. They made everything better and worse at the same time, the chunky unbending clumps of cable that looked mildly better than a well routed flat cable.

Byron C likes this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

But... Dat airflow, tho!

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Abject fuqwittery aside for the moment, this idea is just too niche to sell enough to recover R&D costs and will likely end up costing far too much to be viable for all but the smallest subset of enthusiasts. It looks fiddly as all hell too, tbh, but it ain't really my thing.

Though I'm sure the winning personality and ability to engage with potential investors and sales partners in the clean-cut professional manner displayed thus far will ensure great success.

:blah:

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Maybe the modding community is the wrong target audience for it, I can see some potential in it if it was integrated properly in an ITX case.

6. totalitymodz

totalitymodz What's a Dremel?

OK im just going to say my bit and ill be gone.. First of all i came here and posted about the idea/concept i had and asked what your thoughts were on keeping it to myself, or putting it out there.. I was also curious of wether anyone could guess or had of ever thought of something similar to the idea..all i ended up with was Crapman hung up on why my business failed and tried to tell me about something he has no experience in? obviously he fixated on this and eventually i said why it actually did! Not that i wanted to tbh,but i really dont care about being honest. Im not the most patient of people as you have probably realized haha. also people now think i am being abusive for simply stating facts about others attitudes and general trolling and making me out to be a liar and looking for attention or something? well i certainly got some attention didnt i, probably because im not a pacifist and im not your average joe i know that haha. so especially when i started talking back.. whats that saying? Dont give it out, if you cant take it!
    Crapman ok i never seen your mod in your media page or album when i had a quick look.. but i dont have time to go through all your history or really care about it tbh.i just seen your build with soft tubing and an acient XSPC res planted in the case as it had no 5.25 bays from 2019 or something..plus the build/mod you just posted isnt exactly grounbreakingly innovotive is it mate. its alright but its just kind of standard really...also saying im vastly out of touch with modding is an absolute insult and couldnt be further from the truth, having been working with modders for the past few years, designing/producing there parts and creating and making my own mods..like the mod i have just told you about? it makes absolutely no sense at all.
    You are one of those people that just talks like what there saying is the absolute truth and its something you have probably always done. your ethos is to use rhetoric and come accross as the intellectually superior without any actual tangible evidence to prove otherwise. like you say to me about carefully crafted intergrated cable channels and i respond to it with my POV and you again try say thats a one dimensional view on my part? you gave the one dimensional view and then tuned the narrative as if i said it lol...i dont play jedi mind tricks Lol i just tell it straight
    also you say its a good idea but then have turned on the idea saying it wont work because it will require cutting cables to lenght it wont fit in the rear of cases and so on and so on.. so panel mount combs wouldnt fit any case? but they were still produced and sold and extension cables must be useless because they wont fit in the back of cases... there about the same size in thickness as a connector if not less..its actually 10.15mm thick? so all your points are kind of mute to me and you face the problems your pointing out with any other form of custom cabling? so i really dont see it being the issue your making it out to be,
    I dont have time for people like you anymore in my life, as i just really dont have the patience to put up with it, hence my vocalisation about it. also as far as being a member of this community i think you can just go ahead and delete my account/ban me or do whatever you want because i wont be sharing or participating in anyway on here again, ive got better things to do with my time and my life and to be honest i dont want to surround myself with fanboys or people who just want to troll or give off negative vibes..ive realised the only reason i come on here is because i miss talking with those customers id actually design for and make there mods become a reality..
    So in short sorry to waste all your time and as most of you have said you wouldnt need it or its flawed there is no point in me wasting my time here anymore and as stated you would simply make your own to suit..So go ahead people you have the idea anyway.
    peace out people!

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

"Standard" mod?

Waitwhat?

What isn't standard by that measure, then? A custom designed motherboard to better suit feng shui?

Also, what's wrong with soft tubing? Pretty sure nothing's wrong with it, but there we are..

Yeah that's why you get the transfer speed threatening long-ass cables and fold 'em all neat and nice!

8. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Pot kettle black?

It sounds like you really do, since you've thrown your toys out of the pram when your idea wasn't the absolute hit you thought it was.

*Googles how to patent an idea*

For what it's worth I like the idea, but as stated it's too niche for mainstream and there are so many variables to account for I think it would still largely be easier for those who want it, to make their own.

Goatee likes this.
  9. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

10. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You pitched up, tried be mysterious and create some intrigue to drum up interest in your product. It was a low rent commercial push effort and we didn't bite so, being thin-skinned, impatient and having confessed a propensity for violence, you hit out at any and all commenters and tried to do +10 retina damage with your massive walls of rage text.

Now you're leaving us. Sucks, dude. We were getting on soooo well.

Bai

Last edited: 11 May 2021
    Bloody_Pete, Byron C, Anfield and 3 others like this.
  12. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Ermmm. Ok.

Goatee and DeadP1xels like this.
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

xaser04 likes this.
  14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Yet new to forum with strong modding community, you're either out of touch or missing a trick here pal...

Most people in the game such as Bill Owen rock up on most forums with a decent mod community to post their stuff with the added bonus of drumming up business

This is the equivalent of being a personal trainer but sitting in the gyms with no social presence hoping they come to you by chance, no wonder its on the decline...

That and the whole... battering someone

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

All we've seen is talk, the same handful of fan grille designs with drop-in logos, and a concept for some cable management.

Put up or shut up. If you think you have a good idea then prove it. Build some of your designs; if you can't do it yourself, find someone in the community that you're so in touch with to 3D print it. Try it with different cases, cables, PSUs, etc. Then show us what you've done.

And FWIW, throwing insults around at people is abuse. You came in looking for advice and opinions, you can't throw your toys out the pram and start insulting people because you don't like the feedback they give you.

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Mod hat on:

Everyone has said their piece, he's said he's out - no need to continue to antagonise lest anyone prompts a resurgence.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Mods get hats? That's not fair...

18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Little rubber ones, for protection.

David, Mister_Tad and DeadP1xels like this.
  19. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

[​IMG]

don't ban me plz.

Byron C and David like this.
  20. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

This is magnificent. The kind of thread I remember reading when I was young, and forums were the place to be.

Is it that these kinds of people decamped to reddit and twitter these days?

d_stilgar likes this.