1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm a simple man.

I have an ultrasonic cleaner. Which means I'm going to clean all of the things and you can't stop me.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Which part of your anatomy first, then?

lancer778544 and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Do those things take paint and rust off metal parts?

4. liratheal

Fingers! I couldn't help myself poking around as it ran. Although the 50c heater setting is rather toasty, not something to dip into for long.

So, first run was the airbrush - I tend to try and keep that clean, but it sure shifted all the crap in the corners I can't get at nicely. Generally waterbased paints, though.

The airsoft silencer that I painted yonks ago has come back mostly clean, I painted straight onto the anodising, so YMMV. The metals of the Hi-Capa have come back pretty sparkly, although for some bits I did have to attack with a post-rinse toothbrush.

That said, I'm only using a squirt of APC diluted in ~6l of water, so a stronger solution would likely yield better results. Car parts are on the list, but I've not got any to hand right at this moment.

It is definitely a garage or basement thing, though, it is suuuuper annoying noise wise.

boiled_elephant and Pete J like this.
  5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Indeed. It's right at the "sets teeth on edge" level, isn't it?

6. liratheal

Yup. I was mildly hopeful for a less annoying noise that I could run upstairs, but nope. This thing is audible through two doors. To be fair, the basement isn't the worst place for it. The airbrush is down there so I can just throw it in after a session and clean all the crud without having do this manual labour cleaning malarkey. And it's not like it's in constant use.. Although it has cleaned a lot today.

Unrelated, but the brass came for the inserts in the Mantis Blade, so that's glued up, just needs filling and priming now;

[​IMG]

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

My doctors text me about spare Covid vaccines being available. So got my 5g upgrade after work. One step closer to being safer from Covid.

boiled_elephant, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

My Buriza has four Ohms in it.

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

New Amana side-by-side. Or at least new to us. And it works, after being scrubbed a lot. And L4/L5 epidural seems to be great, the day after.

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

@KayinBlack was it you that was on about struggling to find shoes that fit as a trans woman? Someone mentioned it a while back in this thread but I can't find it now.

I've just been shoe shopping and came back here to say, for whoever it was, Clarks online store has a lot of options, their womens' shoes go up to size 9 generally and they have wide fit variants. (I'm not trans, I just sometimes gaze at the womens shoes and wish that men had a comparable variety of interesting choices.)

edit - and if you're on their email list they regularly email % discount links to select models.

Oh, and a customer the other week put me onto Schuh imperfects, which are crazy cheap, but they only go up to size 8 womens, so idk if that's relevant.

11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

My problem is I wear a men's size 13-14 US. But I will still give them a look. They make drag shoes, been looking at them. But problems are never in short supply around here, and a new one got dumped on us last night. Will probably post about it shortly.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Startin' a nice long 4 day weekend

IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Message from the Passport Office to say my renewal has been accepted, despite the fact I kept my glasses on for the mugshot.

Also, I'm taking a break from work (mostly, anyway) for the next two weeks, for some family time in the school holiday.

perplekks45, IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

:geek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/5080226.stm

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Wrote out an angry ranty reply to a thread; realised I don't actually have the energy to be so angry about stuff; gonna crack open a beer and watch Babylon 5 instead :thumb:.

I mean... it's tempered by the fact that I have to be up at 0700 tomorrow morning, but you can't win 'em all. Do you realise how obscene a time that is for someone who hasn't worked a weekend in over 13 years? It's inhumane... But it's to get my motorbike serviced so it's all worth it in the end (even if it means I can only have a two or three smaller beers...!)

Pete J likes this.
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I have two young children. 0700 is a luxurious lie-in.

DeadP1xels likes this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Sorry! Mr "No kids and three money" here!

[​IMG]

18. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Laura and I take turns getting up, somehow whenever it's my turn he sleeps until 7am, when it's hers he's up at 6:30, perhaps even 6am.

It's bizarre, as if he knows? And not just once in a while, but most of the time :hehe:

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Hehe, very much the same here. Well sort of, at the moment I am more Mr no kids and no money, but that should all be changing drastically over the next couple of years. Still no kids, but stuff getting cleared away (yay).

Byron C likes this.
  20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I stopped working weekends a long time ago. I literally don't accept the fact that companies want me to do it. Same as working five days a week, just won't ever do it again (on a regular basis, that is). As long as I make enough to keep the quality of life the same or improve over time I don't see the point in working too much.

Byron C, Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.