1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by iancowell, 9 Aug 2016.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah, 4hrs sounds about right. If you really want to blast through it, people have left bases named "crashed ship here" and "stranded pilot here!" that can help with those bits. Probably try and do the 10 uncharted systems early on though, cos that's what took me FOREVER as I left it late. Going away from Rendezvous one you should get it done quickly, but I'd already got to rendezvous 5 without starting it, so it was a total pain! My save is just shy of 11hrs. A lot of that was because I left it running all day as I just tried over and over again to warp somewhere new. Actual playtime was longer because I kept reloading saves to not waste all my warp fuel! Also, I didn't realize until too late that I didn't have to fix everything on the busted ship, just launch thrusters and pulse drive...

Yaka likes this.
  2. Hex

Actually, if anyone wants to quickly get through Expedition 2 for the reward and doesn't mind a bit of 'cheating'. I'll give you some helpful locations:

PHASE 2: Scrapper - "Restore a crashed ship"
    You can use transmission towers, distress signal charts, or the distress signal scanner on a minotaur and hope it's one you can claim.
    Or:

Rendezvous 1 planet has one at +0.36, +148.00. (Moqemo - Popolist)

PHASE 2: INTERSTELLAR RESCUE - "Assisted a stranded lifeform"
    Again you can use distress signal charts.
    Or:

Rendezvous 1 planet, at +0.40, +161.31. (Moqemo - Popolist)

PHASE 2: FALLEN GIANTS - "Explored a crashed freighter"
    There's actually quite a lot on the starting planet, so just flying around will probably find you one.
    Or:

There's one around -71.30, +91.23. (Moqemo - Tiberant Alpha)

PHASE 3 PLANET TYPES

FEET OF FLAME - "Visited a scorched planet"
    Rendezvous 3 system (Haykan-Hij) - Damno XV

LIFE FROM DUST - "Discovered creatures on a desert planet"
    Rendezvous 1 system (Moqemo) - Uzenotri Delta.

PALE BLUE DOT - "Visited a frozen planet"
    Rendezvous 1 is on a Frozen planet, so you'll just get this. (Moqemo - Popolist or Kahay 99/C6)

RAIN LIKE POISON - "Visited a toxic planet"
    If you follow the Atlas station route down below, you'll find one on:
    Ketningo system - Ippingse.

VERDANT ABUNDANCE - "Discovered creatures on a lush planet"
    Rendezvous 2 planet is Lush, so just scan a creature there. (Mappinerv - Avan)

THE GLOWING EARTH - "Visited a radioactive planet"
    Rendezvous 2 system - Noisel XV (Mappinerv)

PHASE 4: 16 / 16 / 16 - "Met the Atlas"
    They fixed Polo now, so you can get a chart, but the closest is:

Rendezvous 2 (Mappinerv)

From Rendezvous 2, head to Ihinsin-led (up and to the left, if you have Moqemo below and slightly to the right).

Route: Mappinerv > Yuppirk-Ogno > Bloomville > Ivazi > Ketningo > Nienttil > Ihinsun-led

I got some of the co-ordinates from this video as I didn't note them all down when I did it:

3. Hex

Out of interest, does the Final Phase large patch at the bottom give the text "ACTION: Repair Crucial Starship Systems" for everyone? I also noticed the final checkbox for completing all phases isn't ticked and my save didn't convert to a normal save yet. I really don't want to just assume I'm done and then find out I wasn't after it's too late! I really can't work out what it wants me to do.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I shall jump on later and have a nosey. The save may convert over to a normal one when the expedition timer is all over, so the end of the month, again I shall have a look at mine.

Hex likes this.
  5. Hex

Thank you! I know for the first expedition people said it prompted conversion as soon as it was completed. Mine does say "Now it's complete this save will convert to a Normal save". But it hasn't and the last checkbox being empty is throwing me!

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

ah bugger just started it again and my save file is corrupted:/

7. Almightyrastus

Right, I have just had a look and all milestones are there and completed, the titles Paragon and Renegade have been awarded as well as the Normandy. No rewards are pending from any of the milestones, there is nothing more in the expedition for me to do and my save is still listed as an expedition save with 6 days remaining. On the final screen of the expeditions menu it says 5/5 completed and shows the final milestone badge from all 5 steps.

if you have the Normandy available as a frigate then you have done everything as it is the final reward.

Hex likes this.
  8. Hex

It says 5/5 for me too, but if I hover over that large patch at the bottom it says "ACTION: Repair Crucial Starship Systems" with a big B on it. But B just back out.
    [​IMG]

And the checklist for mine looks like the bottom one isn't complete:
    [​IMG]

9. Almightyrastus

Ah, I got you. Yeah, mine is the same. It says all goals complete with the last box unticked. I have double checked through everything and nothing is left to do or claim. I'm guessing that will check at the end of the expedition time.

Everything seems to work, my main save has the Normandy frigate on it now as well so everything looks to be fine.

Hex likes this.
  10. Hex

Thank you for checking. Good to know mine's OK! :thumb:

Almightyrastus likes this.
  11. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Been a few months since I last played, but I continue to be impressed by their commitment to improving the game. I wish more companys would fix issues and add content without scalping the player base.

Hex and Almightyrastus like this.
  12. Hex

6.6GB update on Steam today! Looks like a lot of graphical improvements, more gfx options in the menus and DLSS (under AntiAliasing in the menu)! Hearing there's something new in Space Stations too (but my download hasn't finish yet). Hopefully patch-notes later today!

13. Almightyrastus

Excellent, I shall grab that later and have a nosey around.

Fingers crossed for some Expeditions phase 3 news soon as well. As infuriating as it may have been at some points, I really did enjoy the second one. Kinda gutted (and a little bit annoyed) that the first is no longer available to do, but at the same time nobody needs to see yet another Golden Vector ship... (sooo many of them in the Anomaly during phase 2...).

Hex likes this.
  14. Hex

PRISMS!

15. Almightyrastus

Hehe, just came here to post about that... Meh, shall do it anyway:

https://www.nomanssky.com/prisms-update/

[​IMG]

Looks like a few good shinies in there, shall have a look when I am not supposed to be working...

OK, update time. Jumped on and had a good blast around a few planets and it sure does look pretty now. Loving the reflected surfaces in the stations and Anomaly and the improved effects during warp are extra sparkly.

Didn't get much chance to go underground so far, but the planets that I did have a nosey around do look very nice. Landed on a frothing planet, so a glitch planet covered in bubbles and that was amazing, the creatures on there were bubbles half filled sloshing liquids and that looked incredible.

I would love to see this played on a 30## series card (wouldn't we all?) and see how good it can look with all the toys turned on. I am currently using a 980 Ti so it runs things just fine at my screen's native 1080, but I did notice a little frame rate dropping last night, especially when loading into a new system or pulsing towards a particularly complex looking planet, but nothing too crazy.

Oh, one more thing, the stations now have an override console in them at the back of the landing bay, right in front of the newly opened up station core and it is driving me nuts not knowing what that will do. Apparently the station override items are not yet added so people are wondering if they will form part of phase 3 of the expeditions.

Last edited: 3 Jun 2021
    Hex likes this.
  16. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

One hell of a big update, just downloaded a the 6gb patch.
    Haven't played for a while so I'm looking forward to seeing all the new stuff and doing some more exploration - probably going to fresh start since it's been somewhere between 4-6 months.

Hex likes this.
  17. Hex

18. Almightyrastus

Managed to snag a gorgeous ship the other day, only thing I would change is the big tail fin. Absolutely loving the cut away worky bits in the nose section:

[​IMG]

Now S class and fully upgraded in terms of slots. Trying to make it as fast as possible. Got it up to over 6k u/s in-space boost, but there is plenty more speed to get.

I think that may well end up being my end-game activity, trying to get my exocraft and ships to be as fast as I can get them.

Hex likes this.
  19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

That is a very nice ship, though would have maybe liked a bit of red near the front to keep with the mixed colouring theme.
    I've yet to pickup an S-Class ship, every time one shows up in my game it's a bulky looking freighter or exploration type ship... might have to go hunting some of the exotic ones just to get a nice looking nimble style one.

Debating on starting a new game and setting a challenge of playing on perma-death mode, with a task to find the most inhospitable planet possible to make as my home and not leaving it until I've discovered everything on the planet.

20. Almightyrastus

Yet another big update on the way...

And 5 years... Going from huge excitement at what was promised to disappointment on release, even though it was promised that things would all be coming later, to flying past those initial promises and now just more and more being added all for free.

I mean sure there are things that I still want (ship building, and to be able to make up a custom game mode), and things I would change (message beacons on community planets - hate those popping up everywhere), but so far I am still impressed.

Yaka and Hex like this.