1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I didn't have Pfizer, but it's probably worth being prepared for the fact that you might be ill. It's not going to be the same experience for everyone.

Both me and the other half had AstraZenica, and the next day we were both more ill than either of us have been in a long time. But I know plenty of people who've had no problems at all with AstraZenica. I see the same thing with Pfizer too.

2. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

My wife had the pfizer and she went a bit funny that evening (went for a shower and couldn't work out how to step into the bath), next day she felt quite crappy flu like symptoms. 2 days after the jab she was fine.
    When she got the second done she had a sore arm for 2-3 days but no other issues.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

First dose I had minor flu-like symptoms for 3 days, the wife for just one day. After second doses, neither of us had more than a bit of arm ache. We were both given Pfizer.

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Thanks for the responses :thumb: My wife is currently breastfeeding so she was already planning not to get the vaccine until later, and with it being such a big risk (we cannot be unwell on the day of our flit) I'm going to reschedule. Both of us are extremely stressed right now and our immune systems have taken a serious beating - very poor sleep, and constantly on the go, wearing ourselves out. It's probably the worst possible time to have the jab, but that's life eh.

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Had my second AZ thursday, felt a bit achy for that day but nothing paracetmol couldn't solve and it was very mild. Didn't feel as bad as #1 nor was I fatigued like I was last time.
    Left arm pit has been painful though (assume it's the gland), which didn't happen last time round so moving my arm hurts.

Edit: I think I now receive bluetooth too, so that's a good upgrade :hehe:

LennyRhys and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  6. oscy

oscy Modder

I don't suppose anyone in Oxfordshire or Bucks are booking their vaccination?

Annoyingly, you can't check current locations and dates again without cancelling your booked appointments. If I cancelled them, I'd risk waiting longer and maybe not even getting somewhere closer anyway (or have to go further away!) When I booked for my mum there was somewhere close available, but unfortunately not when I booked a few days ago.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

8. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

[​IMG]

Photoshop gold right there.....

9. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

It's not even the right use of the meme though is it.

Goatee likes this.
  10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Only on Bit-Tech... :lol:

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Technically speaking you are correct that it is the wrong use of that meme.

But even that can't distract from the sheer absurdity of "former government advisor who went for a drive to test his eyes" trying to use a meme to explain why the entire government is a bunch of incompetent liars.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

For this government I think it's pretty on brand actually.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

FFS.
    Take a lateral flow test they all say, OK, so WTF can't I just scan the QR code into the NHS covid app, why do I have to piss about for 5 minutes entering all the deets on the .gov website.

Serious lack of joined up thinking, the other 6 tests they sent me can go for landfill.

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I had a bit of a faff with that, but when I entered the details for my wife it was much easier. So perhaps tell them you're entering the results for someone else and cut the corners that way?

The tests themselves are a miracle of modern technology; it's incredible they can produce such a thing so cheaply.

15. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Had my Pfizer #1. I do quite like Teams for collaboration.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Nah, sod 'em, I'm done

They're cracking wee things, amazing cost is a reflection of scale and cheap Chinese labour.

17. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Isn't that because the app is just sorta NHS branded rather than being part of them, and it doesn't know much about you other than proximity to other users and post code. The information on .gov is a lot more detailed to inform them what's going on.

That said, it's still worth doing the other 6 tests as needed for your own peace of mind, whether you let .gov know your negative results or not.

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

They only need my postcode to track trends, if'n it identifies the rate is going up in my area then they may need to drill down to establish variants etc, but that's a whole different ball game of testing.
    And the covid app already has the provision to report test results, just not these test results apparently.

Nah, I'm done, such a stupid silly thing turns out to be the straw that broke the camel's back (yup, I'm spitting my dummy out, it came at a time when I am struggling to suppress my Roberto persona as it is), besides I'm still only leaving the house once a week.

19. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

I thought it asked ethnicity, age, occupation etc. Oh well.

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

The website does, I don't think it needs to and should be reportable through the app, especially when you have the option of 'prefer not to say' on the website