1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I had my 1st dose of the Pfizer jab last month.

I am not looking forward to my 2nd dose if I am being honest since a lot of people say the side effects are worse on the 2nd dose if you got them from the 1st dose.

I had a sore arm as expected but oh my, the Right side of my face well I had a "Pressure Build Up" between my jaw and ear that meant I had about an hour sleep each night and couldn't eat solid food or talk for 5 days straight, after day 2 the Right side of my face was swollen for 2 days.

I don't care though, I am having my 2nd dose in August.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

A sore left arm from the 1st dose kept me from sleeping for two whole nights, because I sleep on my left side. I can't really describe it as pain - it was deeply... uncomfortable, is the best way to put it. When it finally subsided, I slept for seventeen hours straight.

I had them inject the second jab in my right arm. It was still uncomfortable, but I slept much better.

3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

SWMBO always has jabs in her right arm as she's left handed and sleeps on her left.
    I only found out during these covid jabs as we've never been jabbed together before, it was a totes weird experience finding out as I've never had any reason to care which arm got poked / I always assumed since the TB jab back in school everyone always got stuck in the left.

4. oscy

oscy Modder

I'm internally laughing every time I see someone posting they don't believe in COVID...

...then their next posts are about astrology or the 8th dimension.

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Well the string theorist would have us believe there are 11 dimensions so...

6. oscy

oscy Modder

Let me expand - believing you can SEE the 8th dimension and thus the tree of life if you vibrate your mind on the neutral frequency, which will remove all the toxins and your terminal cancer will be cured (because Jupiter's retrograde coincides with a full moon).

But COVID is make-believe and vaccines are scams.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Isn't it enough to know that the garden exists, and that it is beautiful, without having to imagine that there are fairies at the bottom of it?

9. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Don't ye be dissing the fey folk, they got long memories and it's best not to upset 'em.

10. oscy

oscy Modder

upload_2021-6-22_1-38-1.png

I mean really.

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

In other news, my NHS app now includes travel and event passes showing I've been vaccinated, either the hardline anti covid-passport lot have missed this or no longer are that fussed.

No, but yes.
    I'm a cynical grumpy *******, but Yoga and Vedism teach mindfulness, peace etc. and all that guff, which y'know isn't a bad thing if you can disentangle all the other religious stuff out of it.
    And to be fair if we all did do as we should then maybe he pandemic and its effects wouldn't have been so bad, did I mention I'm a hippy too :jawdrop:

12. oscy

oscy Modder

Judging from your behaviour, you don't seem much of a hippy. Angry internet stereotype mad at the world, yes, but I didn't know they went together.

The context of that post is that yoga should be done in lieu of vaccines, which are part of the COVID brainwashing, and that being toxin-free is the cure, which is only reached through seeing the tree of life in the 8th dimension. I said all this already.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

IRL I'm really really rather laid back, it takes a hell of a lot to rile me up, but once riled I am best given a wide berth.
    Or maybe I control my emotions better IRL, still waters n all that.
    Meh, one of the things that really doesn't bother me is what anyone thinks of me, I'm a far harsher critic of myself than anyone else could even hope to be.

Which is bonkers as any clear rational person would see at 1000 yards (although any same person would surely have blocked such daft ass content from their social feeds etc.), but have the jab, and employ some yoga and you'll be ahead of the curve with a healthier mind and body https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3099098/ and less likely to be one of the idiots trolling around spreading the virus.

14. oscy

oscy Modder

Depends how hot they are or if they're your boss.

15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Nope, hell I even dropped my sister off facebook, I wish I could drop my mother off too due to her crazy crystal obsession, but she's getting on in years and we all have crosses to bear.

ElThomsono likes this.
  16. oscy

oscy Modder

Nope, if they're hot or my boss they get to stay, but it's not like I'm following for their medical views.

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

18. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Thanks, my mum is home now and doing well considering. She's been left weak due to being bedridden for over 2 of her 3 month stay in hospital but the time she spent in the rehabilitation ward has helped her. She's started accepting the fact that she needs a bit of help at home now which is a definite positive. She has a personal alarm watch now, monitored with first responders and my sister and I. We've had to call the builders in to make some changes to the house to make life easier for her. The biggest job at the moment is we're sorting her a whole new bathroom with a walk in shower, grab rails, non-slip flooring and a load of other stuff. Her old bathroom that's getting replaced has a bath with over bath electric shower, which she can't safely step in and out of. We've put in an extra bannister on the stairs but will eventually look at a stair lift.

Have to say, if anyone is ever in any doubt about the seriousness of Covid 19, then wake up and realise it's not something to be taken lightly. Do it for the sake of yourself and everyone around you who you care about. Since March it's dominated our family, I took it seriously before hand and that hasn't changed now but it angers me seeing absolute morons protesting against measures that are designed to try and slow Covid. Why is it when we face crisis we see oxygen thieves looking for conspiracies? We saw it with 9/11 and just about every other sort of crisis that I can remember.

GaryP and Risky like this.
  19. oscy

oscy Modder

To feel smarter and / or safer. If only we could really see betwen the lines like a genius, judge whether someone was 'good' or 'bad' based on how they look, and see into the future by someone's birth date and the position of Jupiter.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Copied from the ruining thread:

Youngest's got COVID-19. Did a lateral flow test on Sunday morning, came back positive; took her to a drive-in PCR site and just got the results through to confirm.

That's everyone isolating for 10 days, then - and it's transition week at the kids' school, so not exactly great timing.

Symptoms seem mild so far: runny nose, off her food a bit, mild temperature held in check with paracetamol. Hopefully that's as bad as it's going to get.

The adults in the family are fully vaccinated, but her older sister isn't - and I doubt there's much chance she'll avoid it. (Though a lateral flow test carried out yesterday came back negative...)