1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The post office has a parcel for me, and their website says I can collect it from the local delivery office between 4-7pm. This is a LIE! :mad:
    (The opening hours bit, them having the parcel is legit)

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

hah ! yeah that happened to me too lol

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm about to start rearranging my desk, which means re-wiring everything and cable management. I haven't even started (I'm procrastinating) and I already hate it.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Dude you don't even want to know what I have to do :(

When mum had her fall I did as much as I could. However, I needed to take care of myself too. When I hurt my arm last year (it's still not right) I refused to carry her old bed down and carry up the dining table so she could sleep downstairs. I know for a fact at least one of them would have gotten dropped. So my brother had to come down here to do it. This was between me running around like a headless chicken, back and forth to the hospital etc. He did f**k all.

So he came down whilst I wasn't here. He moved the bed down and the table up. However, under her bed were some nylon bags. One had a hoover in it, one had a drill etc. They were about 2" with dust. And because he was pissed at me for not doing absolutely everything and had to take time out of his life for one day (poor sod, what a terrible inconvenience) he threw them into my room. It was like a bloody grenade. It's not a big room, and it got everywhere. To the point where my PC continually clogs up with it, and I know the fix is going to be BS. What I mean is, I am going to have to literally empty everything out of this room, dust it, hoover the entire empty room and then move it all back in such was the "damage" from him being a wa*ker. What he doesn't realise is that there are thousands of pounds worth of equipment in here, and it is all now full of effing dust. My PC, the A3 printer, my plotter etc etc.

So before I can even rearrange my desk and set anything up I have to do all of that.

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

#RACbreakdown.
    Next to bloody useless, 4 hours + to get a car recovered to my house from 20 miles away.

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I bet its still quicker than pushing it home :lol:

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A slow puncture, and no room at the tyre place until Monday.

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

If it were me that was sitting on the side of the road (busy ring road) I'd have been a little miffed, that is was my daughter raises my ire a notch or 2, they RAC will be getting a new one chewed out.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Did she play the "Woman alone" card? That usually makes recovery firms get their finger out.

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

She didn't as that would by lying.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Ah. Wasn't clear from your post.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

S'Ok.
    If they had a faster option for 2 clueless teenagers she'd have used that instead

Arboreal and IanW like this.
  13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

How quick the turntables...

So yeah the switching works, but the monitor no longer does. Just started a migraine-strobe. Thought it was me to start with but no, on the internal diagnostic screens as well.

They're sending a new one advanced replacement that should arrive Monday, but still teh sux0rs, especially for a 4-month old £1600 monitor... doesn't give warm and fuzzies.

14. Jinntal

Jinntal What's a Dremel?

Social media addiction :D

15. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

my 10yr old testing positive for covid:/ aside from high temp and a burny cough he is ok but looks like he spends his up comming birthday isolating:/

16. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Our drug den just got smashed.

:thumb:

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you travel a hell of a long way for a fix then. :hehe::nono:

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

BIL got tossed out for his heroin habit. He's going and telling my family (the family that OWNS the place) that my better half did it too to try to get her tossed out. With her 17 year old autistic Trans son. I would, incidentally, most likely lose my place. Thank God for friends here at the campground. Still gave me a splitting headache.

19. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Poor diet - Poor sleep - Poor work/life balance

They all sort of link in together in one way or another, royally in a rutt and need a complete overhaul which is easier said than done.

Just feeling a bit low today... pfft

Ahhh well

20. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

That English tradesman are ****ing terrible. They all cut corners, all blame the previous guy or say the next guy can sort that and act surprised when you hold them to basic (i.e. not DIY) standards. Don't get me started on the ability to follow standards, guidelines, UK regulations or just even common ****ing sense!

Fed up of the lot of them.