1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

ITS COMING HOME!!

MLyons, goldstar0011 and Vault-Tec like this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I don't care if it does now. That was our final, stuffing ze germans !

Gunsmith likes this.
  4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Did a sport happen? :oldconfused:

Pete J likes this.
  5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Yes, and one of the sport men knocked the ball in with his head. I normally watch the snooker so I'd never seen that before!

6. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

So ........ I got another console. This time 1 million per cent unexpected lol. Well kinda lol

A new retro gaming store opened up a town over, https://www.facebook.com/groups/3235031479917376 If anyone wants to take a look at what they have.

Went to take a gander, place was pretty cool, with loads and loads of consoles and games and pretty much everything, picked up a few games and controllers. Was looking in a box near the back that contained something special to me.

Asked the fella about it, how much, does he have the screen etc. He turns around and goes " a lady dropped it off as a donation and ran out the store. I have tried to test it and it just flickers and don't work, your welcome to it, just take it, saves space in the shop"

So i present. The Amstrad c464 running basic 1.0 :)

Fully working :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Jul 2021
    spolsh, Nexxo, Byron C and 3 others like this.
  7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Pic set to private again!

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

After 2.5 days in hospital and 1 operation later I am back home [​IMG]

Had a nasty Abscess in the Top of my Right Leg, VERY VERY close to the delicates.

I went to A&E on Tuesday morning because it was EXTREMELY painful, now bare in mind because of what I could feel and how big I knew it was etc I had, had nothing to eat since 7pm on Monday night, I had a single glass of water on Tuesday morning, this is important for later!

After being sent to Minor Injuries the nurse that saw and felt the Abcess there, sent me back to A&E and told them to book me in to Major Injuries and to have a surgeon come look at me straight away.

This was at 10:30am, cut to 6pm and I got seen by a surgeon who said it was another department that needed to deal with it, of they went to refer me through to that department, and I was shipped off to another waiting area.

Cut to 10pm and I get found by a surgeon who had been looking for me for 2.5 hours but they couldn't find me because I had nurses moving me around all different waiting areas because "I cannot wait there".

He checked me over and said unfotunately because of them moving me around all the time, he was not able to get me in to surgery that night as apparently based of the notes he had seen he was ready to rush me to surgery, at which point I asked if I could have something to eat and drink since I had not had anything and he said yes, just nothing after midnight.

He told me I was being admitted and to not move from that spot until he came and got me, which took another hour so it's now around 11:30pm.

I get put on a bed and then get told I am being taken up to a ward, just as the "Porters" turn up a nurse starts bringing the Tea trolley round and I ask them if they can just wait a few minutes whilst the nurse comes to me so I can get a cup of tea and a sandwhich, they say no we cannot wait and off we go to the ward [​IMG]

I get to the ward at around 11:45pm and ask the nurse is there any chance of a brew and a sandwhich and she says no, unfortunately they have nothing left so bad luck for me.

So no food since 7pm the day before and nothing to drink since around 9am on the Tuesday morning.

Wednesday morning, I get visited by around 6 surgeons all fighting saying "It's not there surgery it's a different department", this was at around 8am, but every one of them said it could NOT be done via local anaesthetic and had to be done under general.

Cut to 10am and I get visited by an anaesthetist who said that, it was to be completed under a local or a Spinal block, I said no it's to be done under a general, all the surgeons have said it cannot be done under a local and because of my previous spinal issues it cannot be done under a spinal block because in there words "There is over 70% chance I will be paralysed from the waist down for the rest of my life"

The anaesthetist went back and forth for 1 more hour trying everything she could to get it done under a local and the reason she wanted it do be done under a local was nothing to do with my weight or size etc it was simply because I smoke and take Omeprazole that was the whole reason from what I could gather from her ramblings, and because I could barely keep my eyes open and was constantly falling asleep so she may have said something else but honestly I cannot remember 100%.

At 1pm I get a surgeon come in and he checks me over, and is concerned the Abscess is going to burst because it had grown to twice the size since the last time he saw it which was the night before.

At 1:15pm I am taken down and off to sleep I go and the job is done.

Wake up about 3:30pm and I am in recovery and oh boy was I on cloud 9.

Get taken back to the ward I was on and around 3 hours later I was up and walking, and then food and a drink was put in front of me and I was happy.

Then I get told on Thursday morning I will be going home that day around 11:30am to 1pm.

The nurse that was looking after me, said "I am not letting you go till I change the packing and dressing" because I was leaving patches of blood etc everywhere I sat.

Finally get let out at around 3pm.

Now for the fun parts that I didn't mention above.

First issue nurses etc would not listen to me when I told them that because I was de-hydrated that trying to draw blood from in the inside of my elbows was going to be practically impossible because for, some reason my veins like to hide very deep when I am de-hydrated and that to draw blood when I am de-hydrated they have to get it from near my thumb knuckle on my Right hand, this is noted in my medical records and why I have strict instructions that when I need blood taken I have to drink at least 1 litre of water before I go.

Second issue a Canular can only be inserted in one specific spot my Right hand or if I am not de-hydrated in the inside of my Left or Right Elbow it cannot be put in my Left hand under any circumstances because it just fails to work after 1 hour and when they "Flush" it, it's like battery acid being pushed through my veins and still doesn't allow med's etc to go through. This is also noted in my medical records because of issues in the past.

I now have bruises on my Left arm, inside my Left elbow, on the back on my Left wrist and the top of my Left hand, My Right hand where I told them a Canular cannot be put is now brusied and swollen, thankfully the surgical team listened to me and put the Canular in my Right hand where it had to go and what do you know, no issues with the Canular for the rest of Wednesday or Thursday. Could have all been avoided if they looked at my medical notes and paid attention to them.

Third issue asking for pain med's 4 times through out Tuesday and not getting anything.

Fourth issue because of where it was and how big it was, it was extremely difficult to use the toilet and I needed help and when I asked, I was practically laughed at.

Fifth issue, on Wednesday morning the nurse looking after me wanted to give me Morphine because of the "Clear level of excruciating pain I was in" so she requested it at 6am, finally got approved at 14:30pm whilst I was in surgery!

Oh and the reason I didn't go to my GP is because they refused to see me, even after telling them it felt like it was larger than a baseball and increased in size of the course of week and made almost impossible to walk etc etc, they said it sounds like an Abscess have these Anti-Biotics and give it a week, that was Friday last week and on Monday this week they called back and asked how it was so I told them and they still refused to see me and said give it to Friday.

This all happened because of a another hair follicle that decided it wanted to grow inwards!

Next time I need anything like this, I will be getting a referral to Bupa either from my GP or from the Hospital and go Private for anything other than Emergencies, because at least then I know I will be listened to and it will be dealt with as it should be.

So now I have around 3 weeks of dressing and packing changes every 2 days until it heals all of which are going to be painful so yay for me it's a good job I have a high pain threshold.

Someone, and I won't say who but they work at the hospital has said I should be lodging formal complaints against the staff who treated me at the hosptial, and against my GP but I honestly don't know if I should or if I should just let it go as a bad experience due to current circumstances in the world.

9. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Goddammit. I'm not using google anymore, I clearly can't work it

@damien c that sounds absolutely horrific mate, I would definitely be making a complaint about it, they are failing their duty and level of care, my partner works in a local hospital and there pretty strict about what they can and cannot do, and that seems well below the level required.

I'm assuming it makes you life awesome cause your home and its now dealt with :)

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Good news! I can see your Amstrad now.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The Escape key on my Filco is from a dead CPC464 with knackered plastics. Turns out they fit Cherry MX stems, if you widen the holes a little bit with a file.

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Ha, amazing. That was what we had in the house as kids, I hope you get a chance to play Harrier Attack and bomb your own carrier as you take off.

13. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

14. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Haha I'll be sure to try, looks like sourcing games is expensive. Gives me a chance to learn basic

15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yes it's because it's dealt with and I am back home.

Just had to take 2 of the Codeine tablets they gave me, because the pain is quite bad at the moment whilst sorting some stuff out on the PC.

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

If only Gamescom was running as a live event this year. They have a thriving retro-gamer area where you could stock up. Cologne is cheap to fly to as well.

17. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I'm counting down the days for a camping, hiking and photography trip to Snowdonia, starting on the 23rd of July. 3 mates and I are off there for a 2 night trip, we're going to be hiking Snowdon again. It's been 4 years since our last trip there together so I'm chomping at the bit to get there!! I've been training hard in the Peak District for the trip. We hike fast with considerable weight on our backs. One of my mates who's on the trip with us is ex para, 61yrs old and fit as a fiddle. He's usually the pace maker for our trips. He gets us out of our comfort zones too. I'm scared of heights and he's even managed getting me doing a seriously sketchy grade 1 scramble (I'd debate over it being a scramble, more like a vertical climb) before, albeit through a bit of blagging and psychology ;-)

I've been buying some new kit for the trip, I'm a bit of a gear junkie when it comes to camping. I have several different loadouts for different types of camping. I have an ultralight loadout for wild camps and multi day hikes, a van trip/ campsite loadout where it's all about comfort and a hammock loadout for woodland wild camps. I've also been swapping out some of my photography gear too, so loads to try out on this trip. I've got 2 definite shoot locations I want to visit for specific shots, the rest of the photos I take will be playing it by ear. Had a crap 4 months with Covid hitting our family hard, so can't wait to get out into the mountains and de-stress. Some hard hikes, a few personal challenges along the way to conquer, some photography and chilling on the campsite in our down time is a perfect way for me! So the build up to the trip is making me feel great!

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You are aware that pre-booking your car park space is now recommended in Snowdonia?
    There's been a lot of trouble with vehicles left in unsuitable spots on the roadside over the last year, and the council have been making a fuss about it.

Arboreal and stuartpb like this.
  19. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Yes, we've got parking at the campsite and will be using the park and ride/ taxis if we need it. Seen some shocking parking there every time we've gone.

IanW, Pete J, Byron C and 1 other person like this.
  20. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

I got harrier attack for a few quid but bidding on some large packs for like 50- 60 games,