1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

2. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Thank you, this is the first major renovation of an otherwise bog standard 1950s bungalow. Most other rooms have just had cursory decoration. We had modernised our bedroom but water damage has made it look like ****. Thanks builders

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

IKEA TRÅDFRI GU10 LED bulb thing and remote control. So now my desk lamp can do RRRR GEEEE BEEEEEE WAINBOWS!

More importantly I can adjust the brightness and tone of the light an not have to dive down the back of the desk for the switch.

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I have a TP-Link Kasa bulb in my bedroom light thats the same, its sooooo good! Althought annoyingly no rolling rainbow mode, how am I meant to enjoy RGBBBB!!!

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A Sigma E-Mount 30mm f1.4 for the "webcam"

[​IMG]

Leaps and bounds better than the 16-50 kit lens I've been using until now, with the added benefit on not having to re-zoom to ~30mm each time I switch it on.

IanW and Yaka like this.
  6. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

that is beautiful

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

FYI - Not only is there an Ikea app to control them, they can also be run from the "Philips Hue Essential" app.

8. legoman

Most interesting....

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Made a switch to Virgin cable internets, pretty decent bandwidth upgrade, shame about the latency downgrade, seeing 10-15ms more latency in use which I hadn't considered on the 'upgrade' over Sky Fibre which is something I really should have thought about seeing as I do interactive graphics work over VPNs in other countries, Doh! .....so mixed feelings, so long as the latency remains consistent through the week it should be fine. All that download but a paltry 45Mb upload, some competing FTTP can't come soon enough.

[​IMG]

Almightyrastus likes this.
  10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Oh wow, that's nice. We are on Virgin here in Nottingham, but our speed is more like 109/10 for probably about the same if not more than you are paying now. Unfortunately the fasted alternative is current sitting at about 8 Mb/s doe to line distance from the "local" exchange. Fibre is going in around the area, but ever time that it looks like they are going to come up this end of the estate they turn down another road or go back to another point that was previously being worked on. We currently have no viable alternative to use as leverage with Virgin.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Hotel booked (with cancellation up to the night before) for this:-

[​IMG]

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Every EV? I see no sign of Uncle Clive's C5 on that there poster. Swizz!*

* Yes, I saw the "models available in the UK footnote." It doesn't say "models currently available in the UK," though, does it?

13. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Do you have a C5, G?

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

When I went to a similar event at Beaulieu last month, a C5 was just about the first thing I saw when I got out of my car.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Chance'd be a fine thing. Future of travel, that thing.

16. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Nice, I'm quite interested in the new Korean stuff like the Ionic 5 and EV6, need to sort their battery fires out first with the current crop though as no matter how good warranties are that is not something I want to entertain.

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

They have sorted out the batteries - It was a tab on the cells that should've been cut off which apparently caused the fires.
    They've said they'll be replacing the entire battery pack on potentially affected cars as a global recall (no timeline yet though)

I have it on good authority that both the Ioniq 5 & EV6 will be there.

I bought my tickets in late 2019 for the 2020 show :duh: but they got carried over to 2021 for obvious reasons. Also got a significant discount as I'm a patreon of the show.

Here's the link if anyone wants to join me - https://fullycharged.show/events/fully-charged-live-2021/

Last edited: 5 Jul 2021
  18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

bit-tech meet up? I used to live up the road if a public house recommendation is needed?

19. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I went to Fully Charged Live in '19 - might head over this year. Will post if I do!

Haha quite. Sort of a shame they never caught on.

IanW likes this.
  20. legoman

If so I will turn up in my dieselgate diesel, I'll even drop in some DPF cleaner so its nice an smokey

Goatee likes this.