1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Missed out on Limp Bizkit tickets, payment part kept failing (I have money)

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Spilled my Beef Pho Naked Noodles. Then had to spend what felt like hours (but was probably around 10 minutes) cleaning it up :sigh:

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A little jealous right now...

The guy who sits next to me in the office has somehow managed to sneak an Alienware Aurora R10 Ryzen desktop past the beancounters!

Hopefully, the jealousy will fade once IT roll out RTX A4000 GPUs to the rest of the department's workstations as planned.

Last edited: 6 Jul 2021
  4. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

"You know all those new charts you have created in practically no time. Well, everyone loves them and thinks they are amazing. But, could you just change all of them.....
    By close of play today?"

Edit:
    Predictably the requested changes have completely shafted it.

Last edited: 2 Jul 2021
  5. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

I to love it when upper management request changes to something you've worked on for days which you already threw out as not practical to implement (or would make it objectively worse).

Last edited: 2 Jul 2021
  6. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Having a previously rejected idea would possibly have been easier, I'd have had prior warning at least sort of. Nope, completely out of left field and needs some of the lower level stuff rewriting.
    I've just had to tell them there is no practical way of getting the data in full before at least Wednesday next week. Unhappy faces all around.

Bloody_Pete and Spraduke like this.
  7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

My camper plug broke its ground and then shot fire until we got the campground breaker to it off. This is apparently not an emergency to my better half. Well it's one to me. Words will be had.

stephen0205 likes this.
  8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Plug is replaced, discussion had, things are better than they were. She was putting out figurative fires while I put out literal fires.

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Gold crown fell out yesterday, thankfully I narrowly avoided swallowing it... A piece of another tooth has broken off as well. Now I need to find some way to get the pennies needed to have it all fixed.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Youngest's got COVID-19. Did a lateral flow test on Sunday morning, came back positive; took her to a drive-in PCR site and just got the results through to confirm.

That's everyone isolating for 10 days, then - and it's transition week at the kids' school, so not exactly great timing.

Symptoms seem mild so far: runny nose, off her food a bit, mild temperature held in check with paracetamol. Hopefully that's as bad as it's going to get.

The adults in the family are fully vaccinated, but her older sister isn't - and I doubt there's much chance she'll avoid it. (Though a lateral flow test carried out yesterday came back negative...)

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

GP Practice is currently annoying the hell out of me.

Not only did they refuse to see me about the Abscess which meant extra days of pain because if they had, have seen me they would have sent me straight to Hospital for Surgery, but now again I need some "Packing & Dressings" etc and I couldn't get through to them on the phone this morning and instead had to put in a "Custom Prescription Request" which they have said will not be ready till the 11th and when I finally managed to get through just after 1pm they said "Don't like it, buy it yourself at a cost of over £300".

So after today unless the Nurse can give me enough stuff to last me till that Script is ready for collection then I will be spending each day going to a Walk In Centre and spending 4 to 6 hours waiting to be seen initially and then a further up to 4 hours waiting for the Packing and Dressing to be changed.

I am telling you now, from now on unless it's an absolute emergency I will only go to the GP's or NHS Hospital to get a referral and will go to Bupa for anything I possibly can, at least going private get's you seen and treated properly.

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

The company where my private pension is located is protected with an 8 character max alphanumeric password. Not only that but it requires one of those for the first character. So really its only 7 characters. It forces a text message a second factor and it also uses email.
    email messages are not a second factor of auth because its still something you know, not something you have or something you are.

This is meant to be a financial company FFS:wallbash:

13. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Virgin Media, or at least my hub thing, has decided I no longer need internet today. Tried restarting the hub, did nothing. Went on my phone to check for outages, there are known issues in the area and engineers to fix said issues. Service should be back around 3.
    Currently tethering the works laptop to my phone, getting a distinctly OK 3G signal. Just had to RDP to one of our servers, had a very powerpoint slideshow feel to it.
    Got a teams meeting in an hour. Should be fun. :rollingeyes:

14. veato

veato I should be working

Get well soon!

Mine also did a test on Sunday, came back positive, went for a PCR on Monday and confirmed Covid. Oddly she's not ill at all really.

I was supposed to be getting a new Macbook Air from work today. DHL delivered at 1pm. The box contained air all right. But that's all. It'd probably help if work didn't send it in original packaging with "Apple," "Mac," and part numbers all over it.

IanW and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Just got a letter announcing next month the electric will be increasing by 9.7%, like the third time in a year already they are putting the screws on...

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ouch. I'm on a fixed, but I'm not looking forward to renewal. Mind you, I don't have to do owt - I've signed up to that thing Money Saving Expert is doing, where it automatically moves you to the best available deal when yours expires. (Well, semi-automatically - it emails you and you have to confirm you're happy.)

17. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I've been on one of those for years, the original one from Dragon Den Look After My Bills. Always been fantastic, and usually I save a little money each year. Its coming up to that time again in a week, so we'll see what happens this time!

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Time I sorted something out to keep bills down, Bulb have been jacking-up their prices this year.

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Byron C likes this.
  20. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

Noisy neighbours in semi detached houses, 3x dogs barking at the drop of a leaf, 3x kids tearing about, 2x adults who think they are teenagers with their shite tunes and door slamming. Time to move or commit mass murder :eeek: