1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Kitchen was bought through Wren and I used the fitter they suggested.

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Few months ago "dear sales staff, the companies logistics is stuggling and we need to prepare for issues, please tell customers"
    Today, sales staff to management "why are we having issues with deliveries, why haven't we been told"

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

External drive for the computah won't read one of the CD's I got today. But the CD player will..

So guess who's got the output of the CD player hooked to the PC line in and is hoping for not too much terrible quality?

Edit: Maybe this should be in the other thread, turns out this album is pretty ****in' A.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2021
  4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Sales was either on coke (very likely) or in a customer meeting (read: coke and food paid for by the client, also very likely) or too busy to read the email (LUL, who are we kidding? Extremely unlikely).

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

playing airsoft in 30c tomorrow. am so going to die.

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Great, have just bought a new kitchen from Wren, fitting sometime in October.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

This heat is just offensive, still got another week of it as well

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

After weeks of putting my Covid shot off... i got it Friday

and Mother Nature is like, oh, your running a high Fever thanks to your Jab ??? HAVE A F*$%(£"Q HEATWAVE

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Where were you playing man ? ive been meaning to get back into Airsoft for some time, but not driving + most events starting early in the day + my local field being run by a bunch of wombles = diffficult to find a game
    Anzio would be my best bet, its just getting there

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

normally play up at Frontier overt Penkridge way, but today tho we tried warzone over at Coventry however it was so dangerously hot that 2/3rds of everyone there abandoned play halfway through the day, not a bad site, some ground issues meant a few rolled ankles and imo too many people for the size of the site meaning everything was fast and frentic; just what you didn't need in this heat. marshalling was a sloppy, with people getting away with dry firing in the safe zone and in a semi auto only game a full auto player was blatantly ignored. don't know if id go back tbh.

i hear anzio is ****ing awful, nice site run by ******s so i doubt I'll go there., gonna see if I can get down to the gaol again around end of August/early September' now that was an amazing site.

the MAW is also a nice site if you want a slightly slower pace.

11. perplekks45

Just got back from a funeral. My sister-in-law lost her child one day before the planned birthday. We just put something into the earth that looked more like a bread basket than a coffin. One of the saddest sights imaginable.

And then all the memories from both my parents' funerals came back up. Called in sick for today.

12. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

My sister buried her son who was 6 weeks old many years ago, I'll never forget the size of the coffin and the feeling of the whole time.
    It changed my persepctive of people dying of an older age as a gift, something people misunderstand me for.

perplekks45 likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I know I complain every single time it gets warm, but here's the thing: I actually like hot weather... but what I also like is having somewhere I can go to cool off. If I want to cool off right now I have to go outside of my house. Even in the sun it's still cooler than being in my office room.

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That's it. It is currently 28 outside here and well into the 30s inside, but everything that I want to do is inside. I have no desire to sit outside with all the bugs and the sun and the noise...

15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I sat in the garden yesterday and smoked a cigar, it was actually quite pleasant as there was just a hint of breeze. The house is so hot that the dog is panting and that is a rare sight unless he's been running.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

British homes are definately built more for the cooler climates. I had to abandon my studio earlier when it hit 34c and i was wiping sweat off the cintiq every 5 mins.

Give me rain, or something i can shoot the sun with.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Shutters over the windows has been my favourite feature of German buildings.

It's not as good as AC, but it sure help curb the heat ingress via the window.

18. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Please stop complaining about the nice weather, we get little enough of it as it is - don't upset Mr Sun or he might not come back.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Sure. Wanna swap houses for a while then?

We will get more hot weather in the years to come. We will also get more flooding, extreme cold, high winds, storms, etc. You can thank the climate crisis we're currently in.

20. perplekks45

What crisis exactly? This is part of the usual cycle between ice ages. It may be accelerated because of us humans, but it's still close to normal. Maybe it's time for humanity to wake up to the fact we're not destroying the planet but mainly our own little ecological niche we live in here. Lots of animals will survive longer than us.

Pete J likes this.