1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Same thing I did to the last SuperCrapHub from Virgin: cut it out of the loop. I put it in modem-only mode, because I have my own router in the form of a MiniITX PC which runs pfSense. I have a separate WiFi access point (which could really do with being a bit faster tbh) and a regular 'dumb' unmanaged switch for ethernet. It's kinda janky and held together with two bits of old rope, but the reliability of my internet connection has skyrocketed since I switched over to this setup.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Stage one of the 'tidy cables because I can actually see the damned things' in my office TV stand has finally been done;

[​IMG]

I deliberately rear-mounted the connectors on @Byron C's board, 'cause I knew I wasn't going to cram it all in a plastic box. Just a little channel routed in the ply, some other scraps of ply glued in to mount the GBS-8200 to, and boom. Semi-presentable. Now.. The rest of the cables might be interesting. I'm half tempted to shorten the SCART cable for the PS2. Hm. Also, at least one of those cables can come out, so that's a positive.

Byron C likes this.
  3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Wasn't expecting that haha! I was thinking proxmox and creating a load balancer and then I thought sod it.. Google WiFi will do the trick surely?

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I don't know anything about the Google kit tbh... If I was shopping around for a consumer-grade off the shelf replacement, I'd be going for something that supports DD-WRT.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The last parts for it arrived yesterday, It's absolutely silly now, I love it. :clap:

[​IMG]

d_stilgar, Brooxy, liratheal and 2 others like this.
  6. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Woke up to see two more job interview emails, six total this week. "Worst" paying would double my old pay

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

These two tiny PM9a1 lying on my desk. THAT is what 2 x 2TB look like today? I still remember putting 5.25" floppy disks into a tower and flipping the lock down. This is amazing.

8. oscy

oscy Modder

Got offered a job while sitting on the toilet.

After doing a Google video interview, so I suspect may have included my assertive Brock Lesnar avatar.

Byron C likes this.
  9. perplekks45

You had the interview while sitting on your throne?

10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

The true king of the porcelain throne.

11. oscy

oscy Modder

That's one word for a gaming chair.

12. walle

walle Minimodder

Scuba diving, finally, been three years.

Might do a P (put) A (another) D (dollar) I (in) refresher course.

Pete J likes this.
  13. perplekks45

Just got a call from a bank I used for a car financing a few years back. I have since re-financed said car loan with a far better loan agreement made online and they just wanted to ask if I had any interest in re-re-financing. Obviously, I do if I can save money, so I said "sure, just undercut my current interest rates of x.xx%".... silence, a very quiet groan, a deep breath, followed by "... you did that online, didn't you?". Well, they can't match that, they can't even get close. I was smiling throughout the call, ending it with a giant grin, just because it's so much fun to see/hear the banks squirm.

IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Have been stabbed in the arm for the second time now with 5G nanobots. Which, according to my calculations, makes me invincible.

Byron C likes this.
  15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

16. perplekks45

I'm up for the second part of operation "give me superpowers" tomorrow. Which magical tonic did you get?

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Pfizer. My superpowers seem to be having an even deader arm than last time.

Fizzban and perplekks45 like this.
  18. perplekks45

I heard that's quite common. I'll get modernased tomorrow. See what I did there?

I'll get my coat.

Pete J likes this.
  19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

IanW likes this.
  20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Finished my agreed two months at The Register, which is good 'cos getting up at 0600, starting work at 0630, doing an eight-hour shift in a busy newsroom, then working for my usual clients until it's all done was getting old. Fun, but knackering.

Signed up for more in September, but I've dropped it to two days a week instead of three - should be a bit more manageable.