1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I posit that it's impossible to read this in any voice other than that Jeff Bridges as The Dude

IanW, Pete J and Byron C like this.
  2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Been there George - not just annoying but highly depressing!

If you want the contact details of a really good mortgage broker PM me - we've used him twice, with not-great financials, and he's come through in fine style both times, finding very competitive deals quickly and minimal hassle.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I think that's the law.

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Drop car to garage for AC sensor change...
    [me] : will it be ready for Friday?
    [Him] : sorry can't guarantee anything
    [me] : okay

Proceeds to walk an hour and 40 minutes home...

After 15 minutes of being home...
    Ring Ring [Him] : your cars ready...

I would rather of went shopping then came back, instead of walking all the way home, but my cars now blowing cold air again so I'm happy :)

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The long-awaited "sample" Nvidia RTX A4000GPU has arrived for the office CAD workstations, and will likely be going back.

1. The card is only just fits into our current Dell Optiplex 7050 case and obstructs 2 of the SATA ports on the motherboard.
    2. There was no dual-SATA to 8-pin adaptor cable supplied.
    3. The case already has the "uprated" 240W PSU, and the card needs 300W.
    TL;DR - We might have to spaff around £8k on 4 new workstations, in order to have PCs with RTX A4000, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

So.... the same as 2 x 3090? Sounds fair to me.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

One of the cats is very sick, she has a root abscess in her jaw and it's given her a mighty infection. Hopefully that's all under control and Grumpy Bum will be fine, but much vet, many bills.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

That's £2k each for the whole PC to those specs. I don't think our beancounters are going to be happy about that.

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Beancounters are never happy about expenses though. Might as well go all out! :D

perplekks45 likes this.
  10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Second jab yesterday has me feeling like poo today.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

On the upside, though, in a few weeks you can lick doorknobs and windows to your hearts content knowing that you're significantly less likely to incur the most serious effects of this delightful pandemic!

Pete J likes this.
  12. perplekks45

You're not making me look forward to tomorrow, mate. Just got stabbed in the arm earlier today. I'm not glow in the dark yet, kinda disappointing.

Pete J likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's not ruining my life, it's just a bit irritating.

Firstly Spermes. Well actually, all couriers. To insure a £350 GPU they all wanted more than I pay for an entire month to insure all of my possessions /roll eyes. Spermes charged me £12 in insurance. Then it recommends you pay £1.80 odd for a signature. I do. Then they send me a pic of the parcel on a doorstep saying "Sorry we are not collecting signatures at the moment due to Covid". Oh? but you are collecting the f*****g cash for one though eh? bastards.

Secondly. I bought a BMX frame from Germany for £160 plus £20 shipping. It came with other parts too. Expected £30 odd in VAT and £12 Parcelforce fee. Turns out they stuffed on another £30 odd "Import duties". ******s. That said I am only mildly pissed at that, as the bars and fork will almost pay for everything when I sell them.

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oh, was I supposed to stop doing that beforehand? Whoops.
    Don't worry, nothing too bad. The kind of manflu that you can call in sick if you don't have anything important to do that day.

liratheal and perplekks45 like this.
  15. perplekks45

Well, so far all I have is pain the shoulder/arm.

What does REALLY piss me off right now is the EU/German government's decision to scrap import tax exemptions for everybody. This means that I just received a bill from DHL instead of a box. The driver is not allowed to collect the tax I owe now, so I have to pick it up in the post office. Annoying? Sure, but not too bad. DHL has the audacity to bloody charge me 6 Euros for holding my shipment, though. What the actual ****?! So, I have to pay 6 Euros because they can't be arsed to train their staff? I'm really close to screaming down the people in the post office tomorrow just to feel better. Even though I perfectly well know it's not their fault and that they couldn't change it if I put a gun to their heads. Still...

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

10 days isolating since my partner tested positive, weird one really. She tested negative at the hospital during a routine appointment PCR. but returned a positive from her twice weekly PCR she took before that but got the result after… so more recently testing negative.

either way, we have to follow guidance… so many positives to take from the situation. but can’t help but feel stressed that my workload that’s already overflowing will be avalanching by the time I get back to the office.

Well suppose I can work from home… what’s the worst a 3 year old can do right!? HA HA hahaaa.. hah.. ha.. *whimpering*

17. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Went in for an early eye test as my eyesight has deteriorated significantly and sometimes my left eye is 'misty'.

Left eye has Oblique Cataract (i think that's what he said) that needs treatment fairly quickly as my right eye isn't very good due to a retinal occlusion 12 years ago.

Right eye pressure is 33 requiring emergency visit to eye clinic tomorrow, possibly requiring Iridotomy.

I've got a lot of things wrong with me including COPD, IBS-D, high blood pressure, difficulty swallowing, hip joint problem etc. but losing my sight is the only one of them that scares me.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2021
  18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Job hunting, god i ****ing hate it. It feels impossible to get noticed anywhere these days

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Adobe cloud signing thing doesn't seem to want to work for me right now, keeps failing. Just need to get a stupid form signed to trigger off the next mortgage application :wallbash:

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

You haven't been made redundant have you?