1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I bought Crocs. People hate them, but they're very comfy! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Mr_Mistoffelees and LennyRhys like this.
  2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

EK Pump and Res combo and Red fluid ordered from Scan yesterday and delivered today.

Now all I need is to get the Radiators, Fittings, Corsair 7000D Airflow and I can do the loop, then eventually get a pre-blocked GPU as I really cannot be bothered fitting a block to this 2080Ti as it really does not need it for me and since I will be passing this to my dad when I get a new GPU I don't want to have to mess around putting the cooler back on it.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I have 3 pairs of Crocs, one nearly 20 years old and still going strong.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

After spending most of the day trying to decide on which GPU to buy, I settled on the EVGA Cheesecake 3 Ultra so now ordered and just got to wait for it to be delivered.

At least I will still be able to use the G-Sync part of my monitor.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This t-shirt from here

[​IMG]

Yaka, Vault-Tec and Pete J like this.
  6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

New James Donkey mouse, cheap mech keyboard and clothes for my new job. I have a new job, which is odd. I'm the local nondenominational church's minister of music. I should mention that I'm not Christian any more. I'm doing it to help out and for lot rent. Hard to believe I followed that, but I did.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Received yesterday and installed yesterday.

Not done any gaming etc yet because I have been to busy, probably won't get chance till the weekend at the moment because I have another Job Interview apparently tomorrow with the 3rd company in 3 week's, with another 2 companies looking for interviews to be set up this week or next week, and then 3 more companies who have been passed my CV today.

Hopefully one makes an offer, then I can pay off everything that is left to pay off

End of this month I can buy the last piece for my custom loop which is a new case but still undecided between the Corsair 7000D and the Corsair 1000D :hehe:

Need to decide if I am going to watercool this card, or just start saving for next year to get a pre-blocked 4000 series or 7000 series card.

Also need to go in the Bios and check the Resizable Bar thing and see if that add's anything to performance when I finally get round to playing some games.

[​IMG]

Yaka, Bloody_Pete, IanW and 2 others like this.
  8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

[​IMG]

For the ol' Red Devil. Backplate too, and another 140 rad. I figure even if the rad doesn't help that much, the additional volume of coolant should allow for a little more leeway in how much heat the fluid can hold.

IanW and damien c like this.
  9. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

After almost 11 years on the current hardware (with an SSD upgrade in between) I'm finally upgrading my old Phenom II X4 rig. Will have to survive on an old Radeon HD5670 until graphics cards are available again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That little lot should be nice. Similar to what I have. A Ryzen 5 2600x on an MSI B450 Tomahawk board. It's been doing really well with just about anything that I want to throw at it.

trigger likes this.
  11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

must have called every boardgame store from Birmingham to Manchester looking for it but I finally found a copy.

[​IMG]

Yaka, IanW, Pete J and 2 others like this.
  12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

After 4+ years my Sennheiser 598SR's are falling apart. Generally working find but in need a replacing. The venear on the headband is falling apart.

Replacing them with HD559's. Should be with me tomorrow. Nothing super expensive but will do me fine for another 4 years or so.
    [​IMG]

trigger likes this.
  13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So decided on the Fractal Define 7 XL case for my system, to cope with the Water Loop.

At the moment it doesn't look great, when I eventually get the block for the GPU or buy a different card with a block already on it, then I will be doing the loop over.

Will probably end up buying a shed load of Hard Tube to practice on a lot before actually attempting a loop, or just find someone who want's to earn a few beer tokens to do it for me as it's something I think I will mess up badly :hehe:

At the moment I know it's overkill for just the CPU but eventually with the GPU added in, I think it will cope nicely with the extra load.

Got the output from the Pump/Res combo currently going through the Motherboard Tray up around the back of the case and then back in near the 8-Pic CPU power plug and in to the CPU block, from the CPU block to the Top Rad and then from the Top Rad to the Front Rad, then back in the the Pump/Res combo.

[​IMG]

I do understand now though why more and more people are going with Hard Tubing and AIO's, because Flexible Tubing is a PITA!!

Good thing though was no leaks so yay, now just got to let it bleed fully over time.

CPU is still going up to 75c which is the limit I have set in the Bios but it's now boosting to 4.45Ghz and staying there on a multi-core workload, compared to the AIO where it was fluctuating between 4.2Ghz and 4.35Ghz.

*EDIT*

Just ordered this lot to make a start on having the stuff ready for the Hard Tube loop.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Aug 2021
  14. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Had a few editions this month.

New mic, audio interface, and some phone parts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Just built my daughter a new gaming PC.
    [​IMG]

What a great little chip the 5600G is! More than good enough for 1080p (or until GPU prices return to sanity).
    Ryzen 5600G
    Asus Prime B550M-A
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600
    Corsair CX750F PSU
    Corsair H115i Cappelix 280 AIO
    Silverstone LD01 case

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Stop lying, dude...

...we know the cat's ear headphones are yours.

17. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Arse! I'm busted. LOL

Seriously though, she's over the moon with it. She's been using a 5 year old, cheap laptop prior to this. She doesn't know what's hit her. I've literally been having to force food into her because she's been sat there for 48 hours now. Well impressed with the 5600G. I know you leave some performance on the table when you fit a GPU compared to the X, but at 1080p, she'll never notice.

18. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

trigger likes this.
  19. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, I have a pair as indoor shoes at the office.
    As my daughter says: "Nice Crocs, said no one ever..." :lol:

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Apparently they do even comfier ones and trainers!!!

Arboreal likes this.