1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Somebody's stamping their feet, arms folded right now.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It would have been funnier if the ygave Max a grid penalty for dangerous driving...

3. rollo

rollo Modder

A powerpoint presentation and Albon doing the same lines was the evidence RBR thought would make there case, Hire better Lawyers as these ones are just milking you for cash

4. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

It's not about actually winning though is it, it's about putting pressure for future events. A 10s penalty was clearly a farce once the stewards decided Lewis caused the collision. Bring back drive-throughs!

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I thought they were both adjudged to be at fault, but Max didn't receive a penalty because he was out of the race?

6. rollo

rollo Modder

If its not about winning they are wasting everyones time, Each event has different stewards

Max will learn not to slightly so agro

7. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

I bet every one of them knows about this story, though.

Doubt it, since it was Lewis' fault (ducks behind desk). If they can bank on a 10s penalty for knocking each other out of the race I think it's more likely they'll both turn to bumper cars!

First I've heard - was this announced somewhere? Usually if people get a penalty but retire before they can be awarded it then they carry something over to the next race like a grid penalty?

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'm being really pedantic, but the FIA's ruling was that Hamilton was predominantly to blame, not entirely to blame. Verstappen got no penalties because he was out, unless the offence is very serious it's rare for penalties to be carried over from one race to the next. It took Grosjean causing a whole series of collisions ending in that massive one at Spa for him to get a race ban.

Having said that. In the past the stewards have gotten progressively less forgiving on repeat incidents, if Max were to 'accidentally' punt one of the Mercs I would expect them to give the next penalty up. Horner might end up exploding if Max were to get a 10 second stop-go instead of 10 seconds. With all the noise they've been making Red Bull will have to be extra careful, any kind of collision and voices will start saying it happened out of spite.

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That's exactly how I understood it. A lot of folk are getting rapped up in the fact that Hamilton received a penalty and are jumping to the conclusion that means he is solely to blame.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Redbull to use a gaming term is tilted out of there minds, they seem to be trying to set the world vs Mercedes. ToTo comments to sky sports in his chat basically said bring it on.

he didn’t even attend the meeting on Thursday shows you how much confidence he had it wouldn’t go anywhere

how long will Perez honestly last is a big question for marko and company, he is way to far of Ves on a regular basis the gaps between him and Ves were similar to Ves and albon

I don’t see him getting a season 2

11. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Well that was a turn 1....

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Who would they replace him with?
    Other than Lewis and possibly Norris there is no one who could keep up with Max.

Lewis is never going to sign a #2 contract and why would would Norris want to be #2? He would have to throw away his chance at a title with McLaren (provided their upward trend continues).

So who does that leave? Gasly.
    Except then they would need two new drivers for the Diet Red Bull Team, because Tsunoda will almost certainly be punted out of F1...

And it also raises the question if Gasly would even accept a seat at Red Bull, because why expose yourself to Horner when you can keep Tost?

13. lilgoth89

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that Re-Start though....

14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Has anything like that ever happened before? Only thing that comes close is that Indianapolis gp

15. lilgoth89

i dont think so, and i genuinly wonder what would of happened if Hamilton had of pitted as well, would the SC have pulled into the pits, meaning a Start with NOBODY on the grid ?

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Some of the guys behind may well have had the instruction to only pit if Lewis stays out, so the grid might not have ended up empty. But I don't think the restart rules have a provision for a literally empty grid.

Rough guess? Race Director would have ordered an extra formation / SC lap due to extra ordinary events.

17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

What a race. Bit shitty how it came about, but amazing drives from ocon to keep a cool head and stay ahead of vettel and from Alonso keeping Hamilton at bay for so long. Hamilton looked like he was about to pass out on the podium.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Well that was a bit exciting :)

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team