1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Oh I'm always happy to see new stuff, but I think that I, along with a lot of other people, was expecting more. The day's announcement very much left me with a thought of "and then....?"

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

The Tinkerers work is never done, i decided to rebuild the Vanquisher turret off the Macharius as the wide barrels looked a little derpy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

liratheal and Pete J like this.
  3. lilgoth89

Also the my Forgeworld has been Busy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almightyrastus likes this.
  4. Almightyrastus

Nice, always love the look of wider tracks on IG vehicles. Years ago I made a recovery vehicle out of a Leman Russ with double wide tracks (used 1/35 Abrams tracks which fitted perfectly) and it looked so much better.

5. lilgoth89

i woke up this morning with an idea in my head...

been doing some reading about WW2 and some of the Pacific Landing Operations, and i HAVE the files for a Gorgon, so that led to

[​IMG]

This is without any modification to the Gorgon files, i'll be widening the track sections a tiny bit, to make them fit in with the Macharious i already have, but the Leman Russ almost fits in as it is. so the plan is to

expand the vehicle's width about 5 / 10 % to accommodate the wider vehicle also remove some of the interior detailing for troops, and i plan to extend the hull to the Large plough at the front, extend the landing ramp to the top of the vehicle

[​IMG]
    After a little Snip and Stretch it fits beautifully

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

That is a frikkin awesome idea!
    I really need to get my Anycubic printer back up and running. There is so much terrain to print out!

Loving the look of the new Ork stuff coming out. I know people are losing their minds over the Death Korps of Krieg, but I've never been a big fan of their aesthetic. The Ork Kommandos on the other hand.... oh my.

7. Almightyrastus

Hehehe.... tanks in your tanks so you can tank whilst you tank....

Nice, always loved the Gorgon, such a "possibilities" chassis.

Now, as for those Orks... lots of yes, loving the Kommandos too, and the boyz are updated just enough to not make the currents ones look too out of date, and it is awesome to see the Kopters about again. The terrain isn't really my thing although the Big'ed Gargant thingy does look like fun. The Snakebite fellas are nice, I might have to grab the white squig fella, even just for some mad bits, those bionics on him look epic.

With the Death Korps, it is really cool to see some new guardsmen popping up, I just hope that they aren't silly money when they eventually come out as a standard unit set. Very nice to see that they are going to be proper multi-part.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'd go out on a limb and say the Gorgon is my favourite IG vehicle.

I would love to do a little display with two or three of them crashing into a beach and disgorging troops and a Leman Russ of some kind. I think that'd be a great little project.

9. Almightyrastus

Managed to grab one of the new Zodgrod models for a sensible price and have been having a bash around with him. He's delightfully mad:

[​IMG]

I have also been having a good nosey around at other models and companies and have these 3 on the way. They are Nest Destroyers from Nuts Planet in 1/35 scale so a little bigger than GW stuff. I got the full version of each that has the base as well. They all fit together into a sort of patrol diorama:

[​IMG]

Really looking forward to these arriving, multi part resin and from everything that I can find online, they have crazy details and very well made, we shall see.

10. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

man the Mars kicks butt when it comes to detail work

11. Almightyrastus

Oh nice. I think I may still have one of the really big capital ships kicking about somewhere, always liked the Imperial Navy stuff although, as with all BFG stuff, they are all sorts of spiky...

I think I may have to try and pick up a couple of the new Ork Kommandos at some point, not bothered about all of them, just a couple to paint, the nob especially. Still not fussed about having to do the eBay thing to get them, but if GW won't sell sets separately when they first come out then needs must...

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

What's happened to 1d4chan?

13. Almightyrastus

Looks OK here: https://1d4chan.org/

I know that it all fell over last year and there was a fear that it had gone completely. It seems like there was some server issues and everything had to be rebuilt from backups.

Pete J likes this.
  14. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Morning chaps.

Hoping I can ask this here as it is GW-related, but pertaining to the books rather than the models. Does anybody know what differences there are between the 40K Legends series of part-work novels and the actual original releases? I assume the part-works are abridged somewhat, but to what degree? Is it worth just tracking down the originals for the full experience?

15. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

As far as I understand it they are the full books. A friend has collected the vast majority of them, some he has duplicates of now, and has not mentioned any abridgment of the text.

16. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Nice one - thanks bud!

I've also come across a recommendation for the Night Lords trilogy today (as well as wasting most of my time on wh40klexicanum instead of being productive, dammit!), so I'm going to check the omnibus out. Partway through Titanicus at the moment - love Abnett.

17. liratheal

[​IMG]

Burninating the countryside, burninating the peasants Heretics..

[ZiiP] NaloaC and Almightyrastus like this.
  18. Almightyrastus

Liking the new burninating fella, especially the design of the burninator itself, aside from the hand positioning. I feel that the top grip would have been better with the right hand either on the back or also on a top mount, assault cannon style, something that would be better suited to a heavy version. I think the regular one would feel a little less awkward with a side handle.

Still, always awesome to see these fellas popping up.

The Salamanders guys are having "fun"...

19. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

That is a good read, I did enjoy Titanicus.

20. liratheal

Honestly, I saw that and my immediate thought was "Marine's the wrong colour". Like. Happy to get new stuff, but really, a flamer? For the Templars? Should have saved that one for a Salamander post IMO.