1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hmm, that sounds like the house I'm renting...

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I only commuted 8,277 miles in the last 12 months. :clap:

The 12 months before, 13,285 miles
    And the 12 months before that, 20,940

Can we keep a rolling lockdown / restrictions on please :jawdrop:

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I used to spend 2 hours per day on a train, four days a week. Now I'm down to 20 hours in the last year. Honestly, that's so much quality of life right there that even if we had a proper lockdown in Germany, I'd be more than happy to take it. Plus, I really don't like people in the best of times, so not having to is a plus for me.

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

A pleasant tasting yet poorly constructed cigar:

[​IMG]

Pete J likes this.
  5. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Started PrEP. One less thing to worry about (also all clear on all tests)

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Keep up the progress :D
    Commuting time is work time you don't get paid for but have to pay for yourself, crazy!
    Really happy I've been able to keep motivation/productivity up since working from home, long may it continue!

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

That's certainly the accepted belief, and probably one I'd hold myself if I commuted 5 days a week like I used to.
    But, on the other hand, it's x hours a week of solitude, time to reflect, listen to audio books n pod casts without distraction, once you learn to let traffic and dick head drivers wash over you like they don't matter* it's no big chore.

* It takes years, and an understanding boss, plus a little give n take, but as with all things in life, practise makes perfect.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

MSRP!? I call BS. If you're going to make something up, at least make it feasible, for example: I jumped over a house.

I've been trying to blow smoke rings the last few times I've had a cigar. I can't do it! To add insult to injury, my friends nailed it within a few attempts. :wallbash:

Last edited: 30 Aug 2021
    perplekks45 likes this.
  9. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I occasionally try, I think I've managed a single ring once. Probably better to practice with a disposable vape from the pound shop, I'm sure sitting and making faces like a dying goldfish would remove the enjoyment of a cigar :yawn:

Pete J likes this.
  10. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I love it when a plan comes together...

Pete J likes this.
  11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Saw that Aldi had their HUGE steaks in again. almost an 800g rump steak at just over 2" thick. "ooo, nom" thinks me.

Got it out to cook it up at lunch and had second thoughts, that's a bit too thick for "normal" steak cooking, so seared it up and put it in the slow cooker with some potatoes and some chicken stock for 4 hours to roast it instead. Just had it now and that was a LOT of meat, but sooooo good. All falling apart and stuff. Might have been a little better with less cooking, but still, experiment successful.

Will do again.

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Aldi's steaks are the best in the whole area where I live. Couldn't believe it; tried all the proper butchers, posher supermarkets, Aldi was still the best. Idk how they do it.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

They're the same ones Iceland gets. And yeah, I have bought expensive steak from butchers and it has been worse several times.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

We bought steaks from Iceland a few years ago, they were absolutely stunning.

15. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

You just consumed them? Curious is all as I have a few sat in my freezer that have an odd frozen colour to them..

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

An artist of whom has inspired me for near 15 years and whose work I have hanging around my house just liked a painting I did of one of his designs.

best. day. ever.

[​IMG]

Byron C, perplekks45 and spolsh like this.
  17. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

No word of a lie...and I didn't even have to pay for delivery thanks to Bit-Tech's free Scan delivery link up, which I signed up for years ago!

[​IMG]

Pete J and Byron C like this.
  18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That's a great fake, mate. :thumb:

:D

Pete J and Byron C like this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

They weren't frozen, they were in the fridges.

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Went to the car boot yesterday, first in quite some time. The last one I went to was a bit of a fail to be honest, spent £30 and still have most of the items listed on eBay. Impulse bought because I didn’t want to leave empty handed!

Yesterday however, I went expecting much the same and was pleasantly surprised. Forgot how much fun it was haggling a deal or just realising something was a bargain and not even risking haggling.

Eyes lit up when I spotted a Pentax MX and additional Tamron lens. seller wanted £10 the pair and just 12 hours from listing they’ve gone for £160.

Few dead arms trekking back to the car laden with old radios but was a successful trip, just wish I could go more now :(

oh and today was my best eBay day in a while £325 in a day, this is off the back of 5-6 £100 days which is a result in itself