1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. DeViLzzz

DeViLzzz What's a Dremel?

The last game I completed was some van Helsing game. Played it on console. It was ok although I kind of cheesed through it getting to an overpowered level. I honestly need that though as I am very bad at games. With that said though it was a less enjoyable experience because I cheesed it. Boss fights didn't end up being what they should be. The game really should lock you to a level for certain areas to give a better experience. Also I would have enjoyed it more if I understood builds and gear and how they work together. That is on me totally. I just don't get that sort of stuff. Anyway at least it was a game cleared which almost never happens for me.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The Medium, via the somewhat blurry but definitely playable glory that is Xbox Game Pass Cloud Gaming on Linux(!)

Absolutely crackin' game. I was saying yesterday how I love those sorts of games, but normally get to the second or third mandatory-stealth or insta-kill chase sequence and give up in frustration - but, though I died a fair few times, that didn't happen this time around. I even compared it to Observer, a very similar game - you play a character who goes into what is effectively a dead world to figure out what happened to someone and free their soul, basically - which I was really enjoying but abandoned in frustration when I hit a really tedious stealth section I kept failing.

Turns out The Medium and Observer are by the same team, so I guess I wasn't the only one to feel that way!

EDIT:
    What the hell happened to Bloober Team in 2015-ish? Their gameography is bizarre: Strategy, simulation, music, action, strategy, puzzle, MOBA, puzzle, action... then from 2016's Layers of Fear onwards it's nothing but psychological horror.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2021
  3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Twelve Minutes.

What a load of old ****.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Care to elaborate, please? I was quite tempted ever since seeing the trailer, but held back because of mixed reviews I saw.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's disappointing, that's next on my to-play list when I find the time. Mind you, it's on Game Pass so at least it's not money out-of-pocket if it turns out poor.

Hex likes this.
  6. liratheal

I really can't elaborate without spoilers.

As a game it works fine, the interface is a little temperamental but mostly fine.

The voice actors? I only recognised Dafoe, the rest? Pff. Might as well have had some schlub on the street do 'em.

The story? **** that. **** alllllll of that.

You can find out what I mean inside an hour, though, so if you're on Gamepass (me too!) then it's basically free.

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Damn, that fits what I read elsewhere.... shame.

8. liratheal

I mean, I knew about it going in, but I thought 'how bad can it be' and tried it out.

It's real bad.

perplekks45 likes this.
  9. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

F.E.A.R.

perplekks45 likes this.
  10. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Halo 2, only it's bugged so it doesn't realise I've done it in the game, missing achievements for some levels. If you do it coop there's a random chance this happens apparently. Fortunately achievements are meaningless (until I get them).

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Death Stranding.

I really enjoyed it. I can totally see why it's a marmite game, and if you spend a lot of time doing the side missions then it really is "Fetch Quest: The Game". The story was absolutely batshit, but to be honest it's no weirder or crazier than many other games I've played. Or films that I've watched. Or TV shows that I've watched. Or animes that I've watched. Etc... EDIT: Hell, you want "batshit"? I watched the Rebuild of Evangelion films again recently, Death Stranding doesn't count as even "slightly weird" in comparison to the story of Neon Genesis Evangelion!

What stands out the most, and what I'll remember, is the artistry of the game. That first few minutes of the game when you're heading in to the first city absolutely blew me away; some of the best visuals I've ever seen in a game combined with the gently ducet tones of Low Roar set the scene absolutely perfectly. Few other games have ever hooked me quite that quickly!

It does go on a bit though, and the latter portions of the game could do with some signposting...

I did not appreciate the lack of "This is it! Once you cross this point you can go no further!"-type hints. You get nagged by all and sundry to "Get back East!" and then summarily thrown into a rather long sequence where you can't fabricate any new gear! Right as I'm about to get into Lake Knot City I get schlorped up into another Cliff Unger sequence (Vietnam this time, it seems), and after that there's zero opportunity to get new kit! Oh and by the way that Eastern region is now crawling with BTs, has constant timefall ruining that precious fragile (pun intended!) cargo you're carrying, and has a final boss fight right before you hit Capital Knot City. Could've done with fabricating some container repair spray before I got there, or maybe a few more weapons and blood packs! Maybe even a new pair of boots, ffs :wallbash: And good god does that ending go on a bit! :grin:

12. creative

creative 500rwhp

Literally just finished this myself.

An interesting game for sure and very marmite. The mechanics about the game were enjoyable and definitely unique.

the whole point of going back east was supposed to be a challenge and making you go to the people you have connected to the network. there you can grab container spray. to keep you going...

but that ending, took an hour and half... like what? I was very much saying just get on with it by the end.. and then to make the credits unskippable was a step to far for me and kind of spoilt it.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

In my quest to actually play some games last weekend I installed a couple and managed to actually play one.

Into the Breach.
    Had heard good things and thought it looked like the kind of game I'd enjoy just never got round to actually trying it! Did my first playthrough and started my second. Definitely enjoyable in shortish bursts I think, nice balance between simplicity but still with some depth/options so you don't feel like you've seen it all too quickly.

Worth a look for anyone who enjoys turn based strategy games :)

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

When I came back from Edge Knot City I just made a beeline straight to South Knot City. I already had ziplines and stuff set up to get over the river by the falls, and I'd already built the road all the way between Lake Knot City and South Knot City - all I needed to do was just jump on a bike and haul @rse back up the road... I got absolutely sick of slogging through the mountains and snow, so I was in no mood to head back up to Mountain Knot City!

But yeah, that ending dragged on a lot...

15. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Great game - I thoroughly enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Evolution which I played a few years ago, and this is a great follow up (which I've just finished). Very satisfying to play - although a bit shorter than I would have liked, so I might play through again.

I'd say worthy of a 8.5/10, thoroughly enjoyable.

16. Xir

Xir Modder

As Portal Reloaded had such a raving review here, i got Portal 2 and just played it through.
    The coop variant looks nice but I can't play then alone, ah, well, off to Portal Reloaded :naughty:

17. Xir

Xir Modder

GTA IV ..(well the stroryline at least) Off to the lost and damned now.....

Doesn't look as good as I hoped running on newer Hardware (GTX 1650 super should suffice @1920x1080)

18. souper82

souper82 Retired 'n' Lovin It !

Just finished Far Cry 5 and Far Cry 5: New Dawn
    I've already pre-paid Far Cry 6 which i shall download tomorrow...:naughty:

19. Xir

Xir Modder

Finished the Lost and Damned with side missions.
    Now for "The ballad of gay tony"

boiled_elephant, Yaka and souper82 like this.
  20. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Control
    Well I think i've completed it and i'm on to the foundation DLC! (Not completely certain for various reasons that would likely include spoilers) Anyway fantastic game, my only complaint would be the pacing, as I didnt realise I was entering the latter stages of the game, but the last few missions were absolutely incredible! Very impressive and original game.

souper82 likes this.