1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Games you didn't complete

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SuperHans123, 16 Sep 2021.

1. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Far Cry 5.I enjoyed it but I think some games can be too big in scope.
    I like a beginning middle and end not a beginning and middle.

Last edited: 16 Sep 2021
    The_Crapman and Pete J like this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Eermm... I think it was probably Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

It's like... the things I enjoyed the most about the original were the refreshingly clean and bright art style, the fluidity, and the Rhianna Pratchett-penned story. The thing I liked least was when it forced combat.

So in Mirror's Edge Catalyst, they... well, they grunged up the art style, made it so you have to unlock certain moves before you can use them, fired Pratchett, and massively increased the amount of combat.

Boo-urns.

3. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Final Fantasy X HD.

Managed to install it from Game pass. Sat through the intro (twice) then rapidly got bored and went back to Octopath Traveller.

I just can't get into FF games for some reason.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Brilliant idea for a thread!

Actually a few, but let's go with...

Skyrim

I've tried to start this 2-3 times now, each time spending longer than my attempts at playing installing all the recommended mods. Just not a fantasy type of chap.

I'll add more later.

boiled_elephant and SuperHans123 like this.
  5. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

For this, read Fallout 4 for me.
    Tried on 4 occasions, ditched every time.
    I also hate the orcs and trolls setting for games which i realise kippers me for tons of games but just prefer more futuristic or 'cleverley done' settings like Dishonored.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Valheim.

Got bored

SuperHans123 and The_Crapman like this.
  7. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Ghostbusters Remastered

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Depends on definition of "complete"... FarCry 5 I stopped not because there was nothing left to do, but because I was bored of it. I finished the main story but it was out of looking for a reason to put it down... like "ugh I'm a bit bored of this now let's just push through to the end"... so I kinda completed it.

Not sure what was "last" - But notable mentions of games recently where I got bored and I stopped playing long before they were any measure of "finished":
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Uncharted: Lost Legacy
    Bloodborne
    Metro Series

The_Crapman and maple like this.
  9. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

New thread.
    Games other people haven't finished that you have!

Deus Ex MD.

10. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

Yep, same here. Such a good looking game and I love watching my son play it. But I just can't get round to playing more than 10 minutes of it.
    BF3 is one I can't finish. I don't have the patience.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

HA. WAY too many to remember! :grin:

Most recent however...?

The Witcher 3. Played it a couple of times for a good few hours. I've racked up about 20hrs so far and barely really done anything with it. It should be right up my alley, but it just completely fails to hold my attention.

Mass Effect Remastered. I really did enjoy playing this again, but this is another one that just fails to hold my attention.

12. maple

maple Minimodder

Battlefield 3 you mean? I'm surprised as it's rather short.

I too have a long list and the game which is atop it is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. The reason is as I was stuck in the desert trying to learn to fly. I since sold my PS2 along with the memory card many years back so this means I'd have to start a new game and suffer through many hours just to reach that point. Although I was mad enough to try though unfortunately this time I came across a roadblock much, much sooner. The wrong side of the tracks mission. & now I have given up.

13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Red dead redemption 2.
    Absolutely hated it. Fillies with too much superfluous side activities that had nothing to do with being a rootin-tootin no good dirty outlaw. Clean my horse? **** off. Kill someone in the middle of nowhere with no witnesses, sheriffs are after.you and some stupid meter just went down. So much about that game annoyed me, but nothing more than the overly complicated convoluted controls.

SuperHans123 and Mr Happy like this.
  14. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

Yep. I just can't do it. Portal 1 and 2, HL2, any Mario game, Mario Kart, Yoshis wolly world, It Takes Two, any game like that is usually a full playthrough for me, but BF3 and Ghostbusters I can't do, I dont understand why because I really like them.
    I played BF3 the other day to about the third mission, then just turned it off an uninstalled it.

15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Oh boy, that'll be something like 90% of the games in my Steam library... I'm really bad for picking up games, getting a good chunk into them and then getting distracted by something else.

I'd say the most recent incomplete games for me are:
    • Red Dead Redemption 2 - As pretty as the game is, it's just a little bit too slow paced and when you do get something happening it lasts for very little.
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey - If the world wasn't so big and sailing gameplay had more content then I would have probably attempted to finish this off, but the world just feels too empty.
    • Valheim - It was okay for maybe 5-6 hours, then it just lost the sparkle of being something new... after that 'new game' feeling wore off, it just felt a bit poor.
    • Kingdom Come Deliverance - This one is largely just me being really bad at the combat... I'm not overly keen on the whole mechanic of having to swing your attacks in certain directions.
    • Stellaris - I really thought I'd enjoy this one as I really like grand strategy games like Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings, though I somehow managed to fall out with Stellaris after a few hours and haven't looked back.
    • Borderlands 3 - By all accounts I should enjoy it, I liked the first and second game... but for some reason I just can't get into Borderlands 3. I don't know what it is about the third game but it just doesn't keep my attention.
    I think it took me something like 4-5 years and god knows how many restarts to eventually finish off the Witcher 3.

I'm more or less in the same mind. On paper it should be something that is 100% my kind of game, but I just completely failed to enjoy any moment of it... in the end I just ignored the story and played it as a hack & slash game until it was over just so I could say I don't need to try again.

maple and SuperHans123 like this.
  16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

This reminds me, probably my most unfinished of all, GTA5. My psn profile informs me I slogged through a whole 5 hours of it. Just didn’t click for me.

I never started RDR because of it.

17. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I was the same but went back and did complete the story element.
    I found the 3 characters great and even though the missions were largely easy they were still enjoyable. The odd street and jet ski races were good fun too.

18. oscy

oscy Modder

What's interesting for me is series I don't complete except for one game which for some reason is my favourite game ever.

I played a good few hours of Far Cry 1 but it didn't grab me, played less of FC2, didn't even bother with FC3, but loved all of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon!

I got bored of Just Cause 1 and 2 partway through, played the opening of JC3 and already had enough of the difficulty + respawning enemies, but had loads of fun with JC4.

I've tried the early Pokemons and had Coliseum on N64 and never got past a couple hours, but then I sunk days into the Pokemon Trading Card Game on Game Boy recently, never mind the free online one on PC now.

19. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Depends a bit on the definition of "complete". If it's "main storyline" then the list is much shorter than if it's "100% everything".

Games I've stopped playing because they didn't grip me, though, hm...

Civ 6. I recently got all the addons with a Humble Bundle deal, and while they've addressed a few of the issues I had with it, it still feels like a chore to play - unlike Civ 2/3/4/5...

I'm the opposite of oscy in that I enjoyed Just Cause 2 and 3, but couldn't get into 4 at all. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 the first time, but subsequent replays I've always abandoned shortly after starting. Same with FC4. FC5 I've only played through once so far...

20. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Loads, just get bored. Borderlands 3 and Fallout 3 i've still not completed but games I go back to now and again. AC Odyssey and Valhalla games that I enjoy but still not completed. I need to stop being tempted by new games and concentrate on games I already have in my libraries, there must be 10-20 I need to complete.