1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sir Clive Sinclair, creator of the ZX Spectrum, has died

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 17 Sep 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. DbD

DbD Minimodder

Considering he used to drive a Sinclair C5 he lived a surprisingly long time.

Anyway rip Clive - a great inventor.

3. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

On the ball with breaking news I see

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mean... his death was announced late on Thursday, and this piece was published 0821 Friday. I know for a fact I wasn't paid anything for out-of-hours work when I was doing the news, and I can't imagine that's changed - so I'd say its publication was about as timely as could be reasonably expected.

This ain't the BBC, y'know, there's one guy doing the news on top of a whole mess of other stuff - and delivering it to your eyeballs for free at a click of the pointing device of your choice.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

**** news, but I take some comfort in him being alive to witness just how far we have come in the last 30 years. He glimpsed what we might achieve in the future.

He had a say in it, and his name is immortalized. The digital History I mean.

I reckon he will rest easy. RIP

6. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

don't get all buthurt, if you want to play news reporter that's fine, but no one is forcing you do it (poorly) as is no one forcing me to look at your front page (I rarely do as mostly stuff everyone on the planet already knew)

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Dude, I don't even work here anymore. Haven't for an age now. Dunno what's crawled up your backside and died, though, but maybe there's a news story in *that*.

Tags: Add Tags