1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Raijintek Scylla Elite 240mm Watercooling Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 30 Sep 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I'll be honest, while several of the criticism levelled at this kit are valid, I find the "con" of "Rads that haven’t been flushed" to be a bit... well, I'm torn between obvious and nit-picking. I've bought radiators from a variety of different manufacturers, and all of them have had something come out when I flushed them. Some worse than others (a "no name" Chinese radiator which came in a box with the only identifiable marks were the ideograms for "water" and "river" was the worst offender) but they've all needed a good rinse out prior to use.

enbydee likes this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

There's a big difference between "having a few little bits come out" to "holy cow these rads haven't been flushed at all.", which is what I got in this kit. I have never seen anything anywhere near that bad in rads I've used from alphacool, ek, thermaltake, xspc, Corsair, hw labs. That is not nitpicking, in my opinion.

I also try and test hardware with a viewpoint of a first timer because they will need help and advice more than a seasoned pro. Kits especially are aimed at first timers who want the comfort of knowing they're getting everything they need in one box, which in the case of this kit, they do not.

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
Tags: Add Tags