1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You have my sympathy there, my other half has depression and anxiety and really struggles sometimes. We dinner plans on Saturday, but we ended up having to cancel because she couldn't face the thought of being around and being seen by so many people.

Even when it feels like there's nothing you can do to help, just being there for them and being able to listen can be enough.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Looks like a clot or tumor in my left kidney.

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Know that feeling, being there for them is all you can do

However, be mindful of your own mental health. Don’t fall into the trap of dismissing how you might feel in the circumstance

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Ah, bad luck. I hope you at least managed to find something decent to eat at home :happy:

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Looks like I might have another dose of cellulitis in my left shin. The skin on there is already wrecked from it, just a mass of scar tissue now, really don't want it again. Keeping an eye on things and will give the docs a shout if things get worse. Thankfully being diabetic means that I will get seen quickly for something like this, no waiting a month for an available slot...

6. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Thing is: she and I have the same type of bipolar, type 1. Got diagnosed back in latter half of 90s, plenty of personal experience should make me the perfect peer support person

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You would think that would make it easier, but sometimes it can just make it worse. Both me and my other half have real body image issues, but as well as making it easier to relate to each other it also makes it very easy to reinforce each other's negative behaviours.

Like @DeadP1xels said though, make sure you're taking time to look after yourself as well.

Ouch, danger pillows :eeek:

I was in work a couple of months ago in a departmental meeting and I had to point out to my department head that he should really get his laptop looked at... like... right now, before the massively swollen battery spontaneously catches fire. The chassis around the battery had swollen to over an inch wide and he'd been using it like that for at least a couple of weeks.

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yeah this is a works machine, it's done quite the number on the laptop frame.
    It was a toss up between shelpping back to the office tomorrow and trying to get a new laptop set up, or just pulling the battery, luckily it was a simple removal and still runs just on AC so I get to avoid going in.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That reminds me, I should dig out the old MacBook Air, check it for signs of spicy pillow syndrome...

EDIT:
    Dragged it out of its hidey-hole: no signs of bulging, trackpad still recessed. Phew!

Last edited: 13 Oct 2021
  11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Looks like HP, it's what we use at work and quite a few people have had the same problem. Usually goes like this:

User: "I can't get my card into my machine, the slot has gone really stiff?"

IT: "oh yeah it's about to catch fire, lol"

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Ups

Holy **** you thought yodel was bad? Ups are on a different level if you're not in to sign for something

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yup, HP Elitebook Folio of some kind, I only pulled it from its dock because it decided to drop all attached USB devices

14. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

iPhone 13 Pro Max...

God it's garbage! Need it for work for email (don't ask) as android won't work apparently..

How does anyone use these things given how locked down they are? Blows the mind.. near two weeks in and feels like 2 years.

15. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Double Post.
    Apologies

16. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

No idea, this is a very old battery (10 yrs+ I reckon) and it lives in a dock, only taken out once a week.
    I think it was OK Monday as I didn't notice it rocking on my desk, but by Tuesday lunch had gone boobies up.

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Went on supply with Pure Planet, for gas and leccy, in September. Today, after BP decided to stop supporting them, they've gone down the pan. Been with them less than 4 weeks...

NickCPC likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Been alright with an iPhone for about 4/5 years, and tbh I haven't found anything that I can't do on an iPhone that I could do on Android. Shout out if there's anything specific you're having trouble with, I doubt I'm the only iPhone user here.

If this is a company provided phone then surely it can't be that big a deal if all you need it for is work email? I don't use the default iOS mail app, but it can't be that bad.

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Friend!

I mean, that's almost exactly what's happened to me, except I got a few months with Pure Planet in before it went belly up.