1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I can only echo the heartfelt replies from everyone else in saying I hope things turn out better than you think. Despite the internet being partly anonymous, it was brave of you to share that with the Bit-Tech community. I wish you the best of luck.

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Dang. I don't have the words.

3. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Same Ginge - chin up Nex - I hope it's as Shadow says! Sending positive vibes...

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

It seems us ex Pure Planeters are now with Shell. Don’t know if that is good or bad yet…

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

S'who I'm with, on a fixed price obv's, I've had no bother but then you don't usually have to call up energy suppliers.
    They will try and push you to get a smart meter very hard, and do insist on monthly readings rather than guestimates

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

last month of my awful job and in that time I've come down with that stupid super cold that's been doing the rounds, a resurgence of gout that I've not had in 4 years and now Another cold?

Kids are as hygienic as a dogs arse. **** this ****, Friday cant come soon enough.

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

So yesterday was day 1 of the kitchen fitting and boiler replacement.
    • Fitter turns up 3 hours late, which causes some panic as the boiler fitter was due to do his work once the old kitchen units were ripped out
    • Sparky arrives and we agree location of spot lights, he starts to cut the holes for the new ones only to find a steal beam in the way - new light positions agree but with extra holes all over the ceiling
    • Joiner takes down small separator wall between kitchen and dining area to resize as per plans, but he takes an extra 150mm off and will now have to rebuild
    • Boiler guy turns up, with no intention of doing any work - but then decides that the boiler will be too tight a squeeze to go in the cupboard where the existing one is (even though he'd been to do a site survey previously)
    • Once the plasterboard was removed we find a structural timber stud preventing where the new boiler would go anyway, so now this is being repositioned to an upstairs cupboard and need to get a flue through the roof
    • Fitters when taking out the old units somehow didn't close the stopcock fully, so chipboard floor is soaking wet
    • Due to them arriving late, they were still here until after 8pm - and all I want to do is get some dinner (chippy it was)

Day 2 is today - can't wait :)

Edit: Boiler guys just cut a hole in my roof for the new flue, didn't bother to ask if I was happy with where

Last edited: 19 Oct 2021
  8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Monthly readings are no problem, was doing that with Bulb before going to Pure Planet and, I've grown well used to resisting the pressure to have smart meters installed. Most of the time we were with Bulb they wanted us to have type 1 smart meters, the ones that go dumb when you change supplier.

9. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Our doggo has just had a spinal tap and been confirmed with Meningitis. :sad:

I feel your pain. We have been without heating for 3 weeks, no doors and just shuttering / boards over the holes.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2021
    yodasarmpit likes this.
  10. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Cancer can ******* do one!

Take care Nexxo.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Car crash on the way home. No injuries, but now 3 wheels on my wagon. :(

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Not the Zoe?

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sadly, yes. Doesn't seem bad. Couple new suspension bits & some panel beating, the garage says.
    Dashcam caught the crash.

14. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

As good as a Mission Impossible crash scene, with exploding helicopters and trains and a tank ? Failing that, hopefully good enough to get the guilty party done (assuming it wasn't you, and there even was a guilty party of course).

Or by dashcam caught the crash, did it jump off the windscreen, out the side window and cry out "Howzat" ?

Anyway, just joking about, 'cos i read the only actual important bit of "no injuries", the crash everyone walks away from is the very best sort of car accident to have.

15. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Day 3 - Wren appointed fitter has failed to turn up, apparently hurt his back.

At least the boiler guy managed to drain and remove the coffin tank from the loft.

16. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

The boy has tested positive for COVID - no symptoms but we have to self isolate meaning our trip to Cornwall for a surprise birthday is cancelled and also out of pocket for £300 on the rooms we had booked. Even after we asked if we could send relatives instead, they had already booked out the rooms so those ****ers get double bubble while we get a punch in the face. **** the Annex in Penzance...

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Two hours of wet sanding and filing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

This isn’t acceptable, whats is the hotel cancellation policy? Furthermore, did you book directly or go through Laterooms, booking.com, or some other service?. I’d do a charge-back on your card and if that fails go through a small claims court. I’d also recommend posting this all over their social media accounts, hotel review sites like Google, Facebook, and Tripadvisor.

I'd also get evidence that they rebooked your rooms else they'll just claim you never showed.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

If you couldn't get a refund then you're still booked in so how could they book them out to someone else?

20. walle

walle Minimodder

@Nexxo
    I don't know what to say really other than take care of yourself, I am hoping for the best.