1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Yeah, surely they can't do that?

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Nothing says "Bummer, dude" more than a dead hard drive :(

Lost some data. Well, here. I have it all at home x3. Have bought a caddy, will take that home and stick all of the missing stuff on it then bring it here and copy it onto the replacement drive.

Last edited: 21 Oct 2021
  3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Trying to join the police and after having a meeting last week about the recruitment process being 6 phases, I just had the phase 2 deductive reasoning test and holy **** balls that was hard.

finished it but **** knows how well I did, not looking forward to the results in the coming weeks.

The_Crapman, IanW and Pete J like this.
  4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Special Constabulary or the whole shebang?

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Was full shebang until covid ****ed my application, then they introduced the insistance on pcs having a degree at the start of 2020 (of which i dont have) so now i gotta go the laptop route (pcso).

Still from what ive seen it doesnt look too bad

IanW and Pete J like this.
  6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Trying to get my eyes and brain to play ball with my new varifocals :wallbash:

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Why is it always printers or DNS?

Why is it always Friday?

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Kitchen fit:
    Yesterday day 4 was better - Wren sent out a new fitter, and he's doing a great job - fixing some of the previous guys issues. Although it wasn't until 1pm before we got him.

Today day 5 we discovered one of the worktops hadn't been delivered, even though the delivery guys scanned everything in.

And to top it off, turns out the boiler enclosure cant be repurposed as a standard cupboard with shelves and backboard - original fitter suggested no problem, until it was unpacked), so that had to be ordered and doesn't arrive until next Thursday
    Ohh, and boiler guy had dumped the coffin tank in with the kitchen waste, so when the uplift appeared today they refused to take it as not part of kitchen - now chasing up the boiler dude to come and remove it :)

Never get a new kitchen fitted if you can avoid it, just paint the doors.

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Been there, done that, more than once… This years new ones were hardest to get used to.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Here's hoping you beat the odds Nexxo, whatever happens it's been a pleasure to encounter you here on Bit Tech.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

One of my molars just shattered chewing a very soft Anzac biscuit I made yesterday. Rear side of the tooth is gone, along with the filling it once contained. Can't get an appointment till Monday 1st Nov, but they'll call me with any cancellations. Can't even go and get a temp filling as we're in isolation till tomorrow.

Good luck. It's a fairly brutal process. My fiancee was very lucky to get in before they put that degree requirement in. It's crazy the amount of work she had to do at home during the training too.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The missus cracked a tooth a while back, and like you couldn't get an appointment until some time in November. I bought her this stuff, and while it needs reapplying every couple of days it's keeping the sharp edge from cutting up her tongue. Might be worth a try!

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Ah thanks. Lauren has prime so I'll get her to get it for tomorrow.

14. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Wife now has the COVID - slight cough and sniffles. The boy still has no symptoms. My youngest and I are still negative (FLEX)!

In regards to the rooms - I was advised to cancel (through Booking.com) for the refund. I did that but that was when I found out about having to pay the full price for the rooms (which I had done months earlier). Blame my urgency in getting booked up during a half term holiday in Cornwall...

So technically, they said it was too late to refund (with 5 days before the trip) after I had cancelled and when I asked to keep the room open (as it has been paid for), they had booked it to someone else. So I take some of the responsibility - I shouldn't have cancelled but that was the advice to get at least some of the money back... I didn't get any, however.

I don't think I have much to stand on here...

15. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

woke up this morning to find the boiler was leaking, and has come through to the ceiling below - the ceiling that was recently painted.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2021
  16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Aye I take the point but the reason they don't give refunds that late in the day is because they can't re-advertise the room; since they've managed to do that I feel they should refund you, they're not out of pocket.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

don't you just hate it when you put **** down and and lose it moments later? this past week I've misplaced in the house: my leatherman, a pair of shades and a £25 amazon gift card.

doing doo-lally tearing up the house looking for them.

The_Crapman likes this.
  19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Re-building my PC back into the Lian Li case and managed to mis-align the USB3.0 cable with the header causing two of the pins to bend and the end of the port to snap off. Managed to get it all back together and working but **** me that was annoying.

Also I couldn't find the USB backup drive on our NAS yet again. Could see it fine when directly looking at the NAS itself but Windows couldn't find the drive (despite it showing up within the network drop downs & the NAS itself being visble and mappable). Here's hoping there are some decent storage deals around Black Friday so I can replace the lot.

20. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Good luck with the rest of the kitchen refit, hope it all goes well. We had ours done in March, the guy ripped out the old boiler then it got to 5pm and I'm like "how's the new boiler coming along" and I get "ah that won't happening today mate". Yeah thanks for that pal, I'll just go ahead and freeze on the coldest day of the year with my 15 month old child will I?! We decamped to a hotel in the end.

Such a painful job though kitchen refits, it just turns everything upside down, especially when you WFH too! This was our second and I'll be happy if I never have to do it again! Best of luck!

yodasarmpit likes this.