1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bloodbowl 2 - Bit-tech League

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Goatee, 30 Oct 2021.

1. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Any interest in a Bloodbowl 2 league with some fellow bit-techers.

A couple more?

Proposal would be looking for a minimum of 4 people (so two more people) who are looking to play and have a laugh without too much seriousness. We could try a little test league and see how we get on.

Interested parties:

1. @Goatee - Parcels2U - Goblin - in league
    2. @fix-the-spade - The Ungroomables - Necro - ticket sent
    3. @ModSquid - Toppenheim Hotspikes - Skaven - ticket sent
    4. @Midlight - Gek'ho Forest Wanderers - Lizardmen - in league

Last edited: 4 Nov 2021
  2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

FYI Bloodbowl 2 is currently £2.99 on Steam and £6.74 for the Legendary Edition.

Sign me up, I think. You'll have to give me a few days to figure out how to play Blood Bowl again.

3. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Shall I chat to one of my non-bit pals as well and see what he says? I could get him to open a bit account!
    I'll need to clear some install space as well as get to grips with the PC version. Maybe we see who's interested and set a date a week or two out for a test game?

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I'm in, defo. Will start looking to clear some disk space tomorrow!

5. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I set up a league, post your team names here and I will invite you. We need an even number of players, so I propose we aim for 4 and see how it goes? Ideally playing 1 game a week when it suits the two people playing?

Anyone else fancy joining in?

6. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I am interested. I will need to see if I can log in to my account. Its been a while and I can't remember the password. Hopefully it is saved somewhere.

7. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

So looks like we got 4 to start with.

@fix-the-spade
    @ModSquid
    @Midlight

Drop your team names in here and I will get you invited to the league. Lets give it a try and see how it goes

ModSquid likes this.
  8. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I panicked yesterday when I saw the site was closing, took me a while to figure out what was staying and what was being canned. Thankfully, it seems we're safe for now and the inaugural Em-Bowl-rassment League can continue! We don't have to call it that, I'm just anticipating my performance ahead of time...:worried:

I'm going with the Toppenheim Hotspikes for my squad of hooligans, although I have yet to decide which race they will be formed of. I like the idea of minotaurs and werewolves (although I think they're exclusive) or Skaven, although from what we discussed before, I think that's setting myself up for failure! I'm going to install this afternoon and see what races my edition grants me - I just checked Steam and it seems I also have the Official Expansion already applied to my a/c, which is good news. In which case Nurgle might be interesting...:eyebrow:

Also - props, @Goatee for organising! Added some Like-ness in place of rep for you :thumb:

Last edited: 2 Nov 2021
  9. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I'm torn between Orcs or Lizards for some good bashing action. But I do like some Skaven hijinks too...
    That's a good name for a team, last one I named was an Orc team called The Orc-ward Fumble. They lived up to their name quite well.

10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ha! :hehe:

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Kinda curious to see where this all goes :happy:,

Keep us updated on the ladder positions. Wonder if you can save replays?

12. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

@fix-the-spade
    @ModSquid
    @Midlight

Create a new team that you plan to use, then select join a league and choose multiplayer:

[​IMG]

In the search type Bit-Tech, choose Bit-Tech League

[​IMG]

Click register, then click register again.

I think its possible to publish the replays (the game saves them somewhere I seem to remember)

Pete J likes this.
  13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I am like a dog with a bone with this now! :clap:

Do bear in mind I only bought this the other week (physical version), have played 1.5 full games on the tabletop, installed it tonight and trampled the opposition in the first tutorial game (erm....wow?) and already am full of bravado, naievete and questions, so bear with me since you'll all be using me as a league point-font anyway...

I'll post the questions tomorrow, but in the meantime, assume the only reason you'll be watching my replays is as a "what went wrong" exercise.

14. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I have created a goblin team for this trial league, so dont be thinking your going to have it all your own way!

15. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I think I've followed the instructions. Team is a lizardmen team called gek'ho forest wanderers.

16. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Morning, sports fans!

I don't intend to bog this get-together down in minutiae but my maiden outing to the digital pitch raised these questions last night that all probably just need quick answers (it's a bloody good job I'd been digesting those rulebooks and had had the chance to play the physical version a couple of times beforehand, or this game would have remained the opaque mystery it was when I picked up the first version about six years ago!):
    • Are we setting odds to dice roll rather than %age and does it matter if players choose separate options? Think this is just what shows up on your own screen
    • Options menu has "Skills - auto or manual" - what's this and what are we doing?
    • Assuming we're doing turn-based, do we have timers? I'll do my best to be quick, but still learning! Although nothing better than learning by experience/error... Obviously. I didn't realise this as was in tutorial
    • Had some issues with getting the computer to select and move my players, but the kid might have figured it out for me :rollingeyes: Yes. Yes, that was again me being stupid
    • Couldn't follow-up most of my blocks - any idea why this might be? In the shot below, I think my player 1 pushed back player 2 but couldn't move up into position A - is this possibly because the tutorial was playing with limited rules (I noticed I also I couldn't put the fouling boot in)?: Unsurprisingly, also me being stupid and in the tutorial
    upload_2021-11-3_7-22-40.png
    • If we're doing online voice/chat, I might need some assistance/patience setting up...
    Think that's it for the test run! I'll get the squad rostered and entered later today. My non-bit bud might also be interested - shall I get him to join bit and the league or shall we test this first?

EDIT: Had a Windows Firewall message flag up last night that meant I had to play offline, now can't get the same message back and can't seem to get online - any ideas?

Last edited: 3 Nov 2021
  17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Right. I've just played with myself. And beaten myself.

I think I'm closer to putting my team in. Going to finalise in the morning. I've also edited my previous questions with answers that now seem maddeningly obvious.

18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

You should have an invite ticket.

@fix-the-spade you got a team ready?

Last edited: 3 Nov 2021
  19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I have a team.
    Coach name: Fix-the-Spade
    Team: The Ungroomables (Undead/Werewolves)
    Motto: Death before de-shedder!

I am somewhat handicapped by the fact that I last played Bloodbowl on a table top around the time 40k 3rd Edition came out, so about 24 years ago. I sort of remembered how to play it...

20. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Chaps - quick question...pulling the team roster together now, but I thought we had a budget somewhere, which seems to be zero on my screen. Do I therefore just fill all 16 slots and we pick a 1m budget per game, or should I be aiming to fill as many of the 16 slots within a self-imposed 1m budget or similar?