1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bloodbowl 2 - Bit-tech League

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Goatee, 30 Oct 2021.

1. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

When I was making my team there was a 'balance remaining' type counter in the top right corner. As for how many to get, don't forget you will probably also want some team rerolls/ apothecary etc. so you will need to leave some budget for that. Personally, I've gone for the minimum 11 players (including the big guy) so I could get 2 rerolls. I then spent the remaining 20k on cheerleaders because... why not?

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Pants - I may have done it incorrectly then. I did custom team, assuming that meant I could pick my squad. Halfway through when it allowed me to level up players (which I reversed, obviously), I started thinking this might be more like a sandbox team. Did you pick a standard team and then still get to customise the roster?

EDIT: Yep. Sussed it - that's exactly what I was doing. Proper team now created. I played a Necro vs Nurgle practice match last night to see what the different teams were like, but wasn't that impressed with Nurgle. The spawn just sat in midfield not really doing much whilst the Ghouls put two touchdowns away.

I then thought about taking on a Chaos squad for the league (because mutations!), did away with Necro Horrors (got beaten to it, so thought I'd add variety instead), toyed with Dark Elves (as if one should be doing that...) but have no idea about them and ended up with the original plan of:

Toppenheim Hotspikes (Skaven)
    "Repo et examen facere"
    Playing out of White Rat Lane
    Coached by ModSquid

Request to join league sent! Now to watch my poor little mouses get smashed every game...

Last edited: 4 Nov 2021
  3. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Skaven are a fun team to play. Fast as anything but if they get hit, they are getting injured.
    Your motto there, my latin is terrible but, is that 'Do the sneak and swarm'?

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Yeah, I'm definitely in it for the learning experience with these guys, I think! You guys had best play nice(ish).

You're close with the Latin! "To sneak and swarm is to do", assuming I got it right of course. My take on the Spurs motto :grin:. The closest I could find to a cockerel on a ball was a rat's head on a skull but it just looked like a grey blob on the team strip, unfortunately.

5. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Status update:
    1. @Goatee - Parcels2U - Goblin - in league
    2. @fix-the-spade - The Ungroomables - Necro - ticket sent
    3. @ModSquid - Toppenheim Hotspikes - Skaven - ticket sent
    4. @Midlight - Gek'ho Forest Wanderers - Lizardmen - in league

6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Nice one! :clap:

A good mix, but my money's on the reptiles.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

8. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

You should have a "ticket" on the team. use the ticket and your in the league. Same with you @ModSquid

9. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ticket used and joined - cheers.

I noticed this on character sheets:
    upload_2021-11-4_15-36-57.png

Does anyone know what the dice signify next to only some of the skills?

10. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

When you skill up (increase a level) you roll two dice to see what skill selection (or stat increase) you can choose. Doubles means you can choose from those skill sets with the dice. If you roll less than ten without a double you can only choose from strength skills.

11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

So looks like we are almost there:

Team summaries:

The Ungroomables - Necro team led by @fix-the-spade

Necro are a mid tier team, faster less strong than the undead.

A punchy team composition, omitting the ghouls in favour of all the other positional's (fleshies, wights and wolves). May be outpaced by skinks and gutter runners. 2 Rerolls with limited handling skills may be interesting when it comes to scoring.

Toppenheim Hotspikes - Skaven team led by @ModSquid

Skaven are a top tier team, fast and agile but a tendency to squishy.

Only taking three of the four possible gutters and both throwers along with the big boy rat is a robust team composition. Two rerolls is likely to be partially offset by two pieces with ball handling skills but still a possible concern.

Gek'ho Forest Wanderers - Lizardmen led by @Midlight

True Speed and strength team and another top tier team. The lack of true positional players and starting skills make them a challenging team to start.

Krox and all 6 Saurus is the punchiest team in the league. Skinks will need to put in a shift covering all the field while the strong boys lead from the front. Could risk being unable to carry the ball if early K/O or injuries reduce the number of skinks and only two rerolls is risky given no block or ball carrying skills inherently available in the team.

Goatee's summary:

Expect a lot of chasing the squig skin all over the pitch, missed blocks due to only two teams packing any block skill (only 4 pieces with block) and a lot of dodging saving the day (the league starts with 0 tackle and 14 players with dodge).

12. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Thanks for the vote of confidence but, you haven't seen my dice rolling. Also, skaven can run rings around most people and necro teams can get some cheeky reinforcements.

13. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

League set-up and now running. First round:

Toppenheim Hotspikes vs The Ungroomables @ModSquid & @fix-the-spade do you want to arrange and play your game?
    Gek'ho Forest Wanderers vs Parcels2U @Midlight sent you a PM

14. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Aha! Nice one - that's familiar from the rulebook. I'm sure you're starting to feel as if you may be dealing with many of these queries over the next few weeks...

@fix-the-spade - when is good for you? I'll PM

15. fix-the-spade

Not if I PM first....

16. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Indeed you did! Have replied.

17. fix-the-spade

OK mine and Modsquid's match is on Monday, wish us luck.

Pete J likes this.
  18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Midlight and I also play Monday. Our game is planned at 9pm

Pete J likes this.
  19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I'm REALLY looking forward to this. If we can expand with extra players after the test run (ahem! @Pete J ! I might also be able to get another three, but we'll have to watch our language) and do home/away/ageing/otherwise long-term league play, I think we might be on to something cheeky!

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've never played Bloodbowl. I did pick up the first game on Steam a while back when it was £3 or something and never got round to it. Also I don't do too well with watching my language :worried: .