1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The end

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 1 Nov 2021.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

As much as I want Corsair to support Linux for RGB and I've brought it up numerous times before working here, I'm not currently on that team or working on iCUE but I'm pushing for Linux support.

The_Crapman and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  2. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

RIP Bit-tech, had fun times over the years, thanks

Pete J and The_Crapman like this.
  3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Well done you fuzzy ****er. You must have damn near gone pop holding onto that lil nugget lol. Congratulations fella! May you have many healthy poops ;)

4. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

thank you for all your hard work guys.

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Congratulations man. Doge did good !

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Hoosagoodboyden? :D

Congrats on the new job, Doge, it's well deserved. Keeping the good ship Bit afloat for the last few years will serve you in good stead.

Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  7. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

I'm a bit of a late arrival to this place but it's quite special in having a persistent, small, friendly community.

I hope that keeps going, and good luck to all the staff in their future endeavours!

MLyons and The_Crapman like this.
  8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah it was pretty hard keeping it quite. Super excited to get started on some new projects.

Thank you. Hope to do even better.

It's a shame I couldn't get bit to the vision I had for it but I've had development work to do so wasn't able to put as much in as I wanted. I hope to make as big of a difference at Corsair as I have here.

Fizzban and The_Crapman like this.
  9. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

This crushes me, there are so few sources of decent PC enthusiast info. Ive lurked here for years

The_Crapman, Hamfunk and MLyons like this.
  10. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

WHAT? The internet has become useless and this was my last corner of useful information and sanity........ At least the forums will live on.

I arrived here via CustomPC, it was my original bible when I got into building PCs in my early teens. Aw jeez.....

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

[​IMG]

jb0 and Spraduke like this.
  12. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Have literally just seen this. My God, what an end to the site.

Sorry to see you all go. I assume there's a Discord floating about somewhere?

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. MLyons

Correct. The forums will be staying up though. Discord is at the bottom of the forums and top of the site. There's an active community there and we talk about a wide range of things

14. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Only just seen this, tells you how often I look at the front page

While there is confirmation the forums will be staying up, who will be doing support on them, from both a keeping the software updated and licensed correctly to a stable system?

Also would it be possible for members of the Forums to write and submit articles for things that are interesting?

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

Where do we now go for tech news? Since Bit-Tech and Hexus finished publishing news, I have stopped my 3-or-4-times-daily news checks and I haven’t checked once. I feel starved of tech news!!

The_Crapman likes this.
  16. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Waaaaait, what?!

Oh sad face for sad times :(

Thank you for everything you guys have done over the years. It's nothing but fond memories

MLyons and The_Crapman like this.
  17. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Seriously. I need some good tech news outlets too.

RIP, Bit-Tech. You will be missed.

The_Crapman likes this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

For general-purpose technology news I tend to use The Register.

For hardware reviews and opinions... Gamers Nexus have been pretty good.

jb0 and monty-pup like this.
  19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

For pc specific techpowerup, videocardz.com, tomshardware. Pcworld.com or techradar for general "tech" news.

jb0 and monty-pup like this.
  20. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I somehow missed this until now, because I navigate the internet like a mouse navigates a grass field - establish a couple of tracks to my favourite spots, scurry there every day, scurry away again.

D'you know how often I read an entire thread if it's more than 1 page? Never. I literally never do that. I read the first few posts, then the last few. But I read every single post in this thread.

Part of me wants to eulogize Bit-Tech and talk about its tremendous significance in so many of our lives, growing up, gaming and modding computers, but another part of me wonders what it says about a society when a tech forum about PC modding, full of near or complete strangers, can become one of the most powerful social hubs in young peoples' lives. If this is how isolated, disengaged, marooned and compartmentalized my generation was, what's the iPad generation's middle-age social scene going to look like, when their social media platforms of choice die out and become ghost towns full of nostalgic refugees? We knew life before this stuff; they were born with it.

Anyway that's getting off-topic, suffice to say, Bit-Tech's forum has been a cornerstone of my adolescent development (often to the detriment of Bit-Tech's forum) and an interesting and cosy community in adulthood, and I'll keep coming here as long as the lights are on. Thanks for everything, guys. Sorry the article/publication side of the site didn't weather the changing times well enough.

Fizzban, The_Crapman, BeauchN and 2 others like this.