1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Agreed, Maz has fairly consistently flirted with the 107% rule this season, and im pretty sure you could get some of the F2 drivers, in their F2 cars and they would STILL lap faster than Maz

2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

1st time ok....2nd time without penalties for breaking parc ferme im already calling favourtism.
    Surely they should threaten black flag during the race if nothing is done then let Red Bull decide to break Parc Ferme or not. Clearly there is benefit to the part being "broken" or dangerous

3. javaman

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That's odd. Bottas didn't lift on the straight either, despite their being a Renault trundling along at pedestrian pace in front. Brundle said on the commentary that they hadn't brought out yellow flags "as they must have deemed it safe with him pulled to the side of the track".

I hope he doesn't get a penalty as I smell a crash brewing :naughty:

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

6. The_Crapman

Can you imagine if Lewis got stuck behind Alonso again, cause he sure loves a start. :naughty: I have a feeling this could get ugly, but also be an amazing race with a bit of a jumbled up grid.

7. javaman

Consistent with what Norris got earlier in the season for ignoring double waved yellow. Did Sainz get off or was he punished too? I saw something saying him and Bottas were both under investigation

After the performance of a new engine at Brazil I wonder if Merc considered another one for Hamilton :hehe:

Last edited: 21 Nov 2021
  8. The_Crapman

Sainz managed to get away with it, I think he lifted just before the line, so could at least say he attempted to obey.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Horner summoned to the stewards, presumably for accusing a marshal of 'going rogue' to wave yellows at Max.

10. javaman

Even Abu Drabby isn't as boring as that. DRS overtakes at corner 1/2. No buildup shown or anything. Even Bottas tire failure didn't feel exciting just "oh Bottas again".

Investigation into the tires after might be the most exciting part of the race tho maybe not, Perelli's fail for no reason seems to come up once a season

Bottas pitting just before Russell I wondered if they were switching drivers :hehe:

Mazipin over a min behind his team mate most of the race. Was he accidentally get into a Lada instead of the Haas or did something happen?

Alsono podium after 105 races....thats longer than most drivers entire careers!

11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

He's Nikita Mazepin, that's what happened, 2.1 secs slower in Quali, multiply that by the 55 laps he completed and it's a 1minute 55sec gap between him and Mick, so in the race he was consistent with his qualy pace.

Nothing wrong, he's just bad.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Well that was as dull as ditch water, let's just hope there's still time for some proper racing before the end of the season.
    Although, to be fair, after watching the WSBK race yesterday I don't think I could stand another bout of shouting at the telly with an elevated heart rate

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

All that race did was close the gap between the front runners - we might end the season on a real nail-biter for once.

14. javaman

If Hamilton wins the last 2 he wins the championship, Max needs a 1st and a 4th or 6th if he gets both fastest laps. If Max wins hes got it IMO

15. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Any kind of DNF for either would pretty much be game over. Still plenty to race for.

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Anyone else expecting Max to pull a Schumacher if he's ahead on points going into the last race?

Cynical, me? Never!

17. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

I recorded it as i was working until 7pm ish last night. Sat down to watch it after work with my dinner and a beer ...got up and switched the telly off at lap 30 , Ive been a life long F1 fan for nearly 40 years and ive lost all interest in the sport. Dull is a mild way to put it.

18. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

As i see it this Finale is going to be an off track mess, as BOTH camps will feel they got cheated out of the title if they lose
    Max fans will point to Hungary and Silverstone, while Ham fans will point at Monza and Max not getting a penalty in Brazil

but im SERIOUSLY hoping the new Reg's sort out the on track action, Drs overtakes are boring to watch

19. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I dont bother watching anymore, I, like Spanky have lost all interest.

I just read an F1 website afterwards and maybe watch any high lights on you tube.

Give them all the same car then we can be done with this...hes only as good as the car crap.

20. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Why do you think this year has been so rancorous? 09, 10, 12 were never so bad, and they did involve one of this year's two moaners-in-chief.

I thought it was because all of the races are chopped up between Max and Lewis - nobody else is close to having the talent or car to keep up. But then again, the Ferrari-Merc championship battles were neck-and-neck and never ended up so foul as this.