1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows What are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 13 Jun 2012.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Luke Cage, Farscape and Six Feet Under

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yus! Got the Blu-ray here, working my way through a rewatch with the missus. D'you know, I've never watched the Peacekeeper Wars?

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've got the last 2 episodes of season 3 of Lucifer, the last episode of the Tick and far too many things in my netflix list left to watch.

4. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Disenchantment on Netflix. Matt Groening's latest creation. Look and feel (and sounds) very similar to Futurama. :thumb:

5. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Disenchantment looks pretty good not got around to watching it.

I never watched the office but the missus has convinced me so we're working through that at the moment (the US one) Christ it's painful.

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Tokyo Ghoul on Netfilx. Totally hooked!

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Arise, thread, long since dead etc..

I've recently watched and enjoyed the first season of Foundation.

I'm not here to get sniffy about it's particular take on the books, because I haven't read the books. I started reading one about 25 years ago, when I was dropped in to run a processing plant up north at short notice and found a few of the books (among others) in the control room, but what should've been a month's secondment was cut short; as I was required elsewhere - the books remained there and I never got around to buying them and continuing. Asimov's work wasn't the only casualty - I often have two or three books on the go at the same time, and another book in that control room was Michael Moorcock's The Ice Schooner. I never got around to continuing that one either.

I might actually get around to reading them now that the TV show has rekindled (no pun intended) my interest.

adidan likes this.
  8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Couple of seasons into Ozark, really good show. Really well paced so it never seems to drag or goes stagnant for more than half an episode, which is a refreshing change from things like walking dead and breaking bad where entire seasons can pass with nothing really happening.

Also started watching October Faction. Good so far, some things in the first couple of episodes are giant neon signposted, but not necessarily a bad thing. The premise is good, the actors are good, the story in the first few episodes sets things out nicely without forcing things too much or with bucketfulls of machina.

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That's on my watch list - a couple of guys at work keep saying good things about it.

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Just finished Alone season 7. Really wish my health were such that I could do that.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Good to know and glad to hear.

Just got a few months free with Apple and that's all I know I want it for (don't know what else they have tbh).

I have read the books, but quite some time ago. I never compare programmes to books myself, it's a pretty unfair thing to do half of the time because it's a completely different format for one thing.

Foundation is certainly on the Christmas watch list.

12. The_Crapman

Yeh it's very good. Filling the void that was left by homeland.

adidan likes this.
  13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ooh, thanks for reminding me - we still have the final season if that to watch.

14. The_Crapman

Epic final season.

15. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

If you're looking for things on Apple TV = Ted Lasso. Thank me later.

saspro and adidan like this.
  16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Netflix' Cowboy Bebop. It gets mixed reviews, but I really like it. It's a crying shame that the second season has been cancelled.

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm... a few episodes in, I forget how many. I think the last one was the Dr. Londes episode.

I just... I don't hate it, but equally I have no real desire to watch any more. I'd rather spend my time revisiting the anime, frankly. Some of the changes they made to the characters, though, those I hate. Like...

They found an actor who looks kinda like sullen badass Abdul Hakim. They did his hair, makeup, and costume to make him look even more like Abdul Hakim. They put him in the intro to say "hey, look how much effort we're putting into the casting here." Then... he gets about eight seconds screen time in the episode, and is replaced by some pasty white whiner. The hell?

Yeah, I'm not going to lose any sleep over its cancellation. A swing and a miss, but at least it wasn't as bad as Netflix's adaption of Death Note...

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Wheel of Time, I don't hate it, but it feels like a weak ass BBC production

Hot Zone Anthrax, not a shade on Hot Zone Ebola for some reason but watchable over lunch

Looking forward to and dreading in equal measure Amazons take on Reacher

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I agree that some of the writing was a bit dubious at times, but I feel it had potential. The characters were well-portrayed and had chemistry, the world building was good (if suffering a bit from budget constraints), and the soundtrack was excellent. I do think that the major story arcs and backstory exposition (Vicious & Julia, Spiegel's past in the syndicate, Jet's betrayal by his partner) took too much prominence and could have been stretched over two seasons at least with each episode focusing more on the bounty hunt of that day, and how the characters work together (or very much not) as a way of exploring them, their backstory and their relationships. This would also have given more space to have fun with the iconic criminals, like Teddy Bomber, Hakim, Pierrot Le Fou etc.

It's a shame. There is so much bad SF out there (Another Life, Nightflyers); this was just refreshingly different and fun.

20. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Shadow and Bone. Forgot all about this and I was about 8 episodes in. Gonna rewatch it from the start as I’ll have forgot who’s who by now.

It’s on Netflix.