1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bloodbowl 2 - Bit-tech League

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Goatee, 30 Oct 2021.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I think it's three, but we just need to set them up.

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

@Goatee - we're hoping to add a mixed team (to, erm...."shake" things up :rollingeyes:?). What's your opinion on:
    - are we allowing these?
    - if yes, we're doing Violence Together - any tips?

EDIT: There's now also another option of Chaos-only that we're able to enter. Waiting on League ruling. Then we'll send the appropriate roster in.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2022
  3. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I expanded the league (had to rebuild it) and increased it to 8 teams. Grandfathered teams have invites invited.

Personally I would prefer to avoid mixed teams as they really unbalanced but open to discussion if there is a really strong feeling.

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

No, that's all good. We'll get the Chaos team in and I'll let you know when done (likely tonight).

5. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I shall have to fire up the other computer and answer that invite but, I will be accepting.

6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

@Goatee - there should be a request from the Chaos Calves to join the next season as fresh meat for the grinder one of the new teams; I also need to do the same as Midlight but will be joining.

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Righto, I think the Rats are back in town (most likely just to provide an amusing distraction for the other teams in between real games). @Goatee - have you seen the request from the Calves, or do we need to resubmit/change something?

8. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I accepted my invite last night so, all sorted there. Did realise at that point, my first match is going to be an interesting one. One of my skinks picked up a MNG injury on the last game of the season and will be on the bench. I don't have the funds to buy a sub. Hope I don't need to do too much in the way of picking up the ball and running about.

9. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Looks like all the grandfather teams are in. @ModSquid I think the Calves have been created as a custom team, they need to be created as a normal team as I cant accept them. Elven union team look good.

Im thinking I might retire the goblins and bring a big boy Orc team. If we are playing 7 games this round I dont think can manage 7 games with them. I might just play an easier team, any concerns from anyone?

10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Only the usual concerns about being trampled into the turf again! :grin:

In fairness, I'm still learning as I go so I don't think it will make any difference to me. If they're a standard team on the roster then they should be allowed, right? I'll have a look at that lineup from our side again - we did do two, one of which was that mixed team, but I thought we'd entered a standard one to the league. I'll give you a shout if I have any issues.

11. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Whilst it would be a shame to see the gobbos go, they always put on a good show. If it's better for you to swap teams then do that.
    Got to remember that all this is for fun so you need a team you can have fun with while playing. All in all no concerns from here, I'm just in it for the shiggles.

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Micah and Joram would both prefer Goblins, they say Orcs are too chewy and give them fleas.

13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Morning, sports fans!

Due to an error on the part of the coaching staff, the "custom" box was ticked, even though the team wasn't actually such. The appropriate faces have been palmed. Also, the Chaos Calves (no number this time) should be ready and awaiting an invite - I don't think there's anything more to do from our side, but if there is, then holler. I've also chased for the final two teams to have thumb removed from seating area and both should hopefully be going in this weekend :thumb:

Pete J and Goatee like this.
  14. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I cant find your team "Chaos Calves" is that the exact spelling? Can you request an invite to the league? Other two teams would be good. I settled on a Chaos Dwarf Team, giving the gobbo's a break

15. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I couldn't see a request option, but then I did have difficulty when we did this the first time around. Once the coach has finished reviewing stats and tactics sheets (homework) we'll log on and see what we can see. Stay tuned as you might have to message us through it...

The Rats don't like this. They are rather brittle.

Goatee likes this.
  16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I got then an invite, so they shoudl accept that now.

What are the other team/coach names?

17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ah, nice one! The others are in progress - I have chased this evening. I've also booked a friendly tomorrow night to see if one further coach thinks he can get his head around it (can any of us other than you? :grin:) and if that's a good 'un, then we may be able to remove the AI team!

EDIT: We're in! Cheers @Goatee !

Last edited: 26 Jan 2022
  18. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

+++ This just in, sportsfans... +++

It seems that last night the Toppenheim Hotspikes played a pre-season friendly in front of a crowd of...erm....one (who also had to go to bed at halftime), against a visiting Norse team, in order to see if the guest coach was up for becoming a more permanent league fixture. Sad news is that he is still making his mind up as he is not sure about the commitment, but the great news is that there was an astonishing last minute show of how stupid becomes luck in our wonderful game.

With The Missus fulfilling her traditional role as a giant statue of little tactical value, there are rumours of the transfer market beckoning. However, it's turn 15 of the highlight reel (available to subscribers on Cabal Vision right now) that will draw in catch-up fans. A goal down and in the closing minutes of the game, star thrower Johnson lets fly a tactical ball through to Lowdown, ready to run into the endzone. Until he was brutally blitzed. A recovery attempt by the Northerners resulted in a fumble and turnover, Lowdown then ignored the coach's orders to pick the ball up and run it downfield (quite literally a "mouse error", although there were whispers from the coaching staff that he would have been one square short even after going for it twice), instead skipping straight past the ball and parking himself over the scoring line :duh:. With nothing left to lose and the coach screaming obscenities into his disbelieving fist, Johnson danced past two hairy oafs, collected the loose ball from under their feet, held his breath and calmly slotted a pass straight into Lowdown's waiting paws to draw the game 1-1 with the last Rats move of the match.

And THAT's why we continue to buy season tickets.

Pete J likes this.
  19. HeroSimon

HeroSimon What's a Dremel?

Hi mortals, I'm hoping to join the slaughter and have sent a couple of invites (HeroTom and De Elf) hoping for a warm welcome!

20. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Are these the two teams we are waiting for? If so I will jump in and see if I can accept them.