1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Hermes - Evri time, what a joke

Discussion in 'General' started by Goatee, 11 Jan 2021.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Last edited: 14 Mar 2022
  2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Evri parcel by name, Evri parcel lost by nature? Cant believe we are now up to 6 pages of people complaining about them.

3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I know ... I thought we'd be way above page 6 !

stephen0205 and Goatee like this.
  4. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Good work with the thread title!

Goatee likes this.
  5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

So, I ordered a UCS AT-AT from the Disney store. They used Evri to deliver to a collection point I specified (and have used in the past).

Was informed of a delay last week.

Decided to check up on it as I hadn ot heard anything since.

Being returned to the Disney store.

WTFF?

6. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I've had a similar experience this week; admittedly from a private seller (Lego 1989 batmobile), that was supposed to be delviered to the local ParcelShop only for it to be "refused"...

Seriously annoying.

You have my sympathies! How dare they keep a man from his Lego?! Outrage!

Pete J likes this.
  7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Indeed!

Checked on it just now and apparently today its actually back on the road today, back to Disney. No explanation - I mean, did the click and collect place refuse it? Was the parcel all banged up? What stopped it exactly?

Ah well, one it's returned proper, I'll get in contact with the Disney Store as trying to use Evri's 'Customer service' is akin to sand papering my balls and then dipping them in vinegar.

8. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Kinky!

Pete J likes this.
  9. MadGinga

I dunno about the customer service, the lady i spoke to was helpful (as much as she could be) and provided the information available; explained that it was refused due to the address, and that it had been rerouted. Admittedly there wasnt much she could do as it was already out for delivery to the sender...

random fact: if you type wtf into the online chat it berates you for language :p

Pete J likes this.
  10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Whelp, no AT-AT for me :grr:

At least the money's been refunded, but it'll be another year before the chance comes round again to buy at a discount. I would just like to know what the hell happened.

Side note: Evri did successfully deliver another parcel to me however. Some comic books from the United States of USA...

11. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

The United States of United States of America..?

Pete J likes this.
  12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Ah yes, Hermes. Unfortunately the eBay seller who I bought a near mint condition Elektra Micro Casa from, decided to use them as courier, and the item arrived at my home like this:

[​IMG]

Note how crooked the boiler stands on the base. Clearly it was dropped or knocked; the base was quite badly bent. £600,-- worth of machine here (£1200,-- if bought new). I had to disassemble the whole thing and carefully hammer and bend the base back into shape.

Never use Hermes/Evri.

13. MadGinga

I dunno whether its specific to evri/hermes, but i find that everything is either fine, or absolutely fubar/catastrophic failure. They dont seem to have a middle group. The parcel either is delivered no problems in pefect condition, or god knows where it'll end up and in what state...

14. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

Edit: crap joke.

Last edited: 21 May 2022
    Pete J likes this.
  15. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Yes, I agree, Evri hermes is truly a crap joke.

Mr_Mistoffelees, slimithy and Pete J like this.
  16. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

They should make every person that handles the parcel to sigh a form and that way they will know who messes up.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I have decided today, that when I am ordering online, if Evri is their preferred courier service and, no alternative is offered, I will abort the order before paying and go elsewhere.

Both myself and the wife have had parcels allegedly arrive at our local Evri depot last Saturday. Both were updated to delayed the same day. Both have had no further update or explanation. Our regular Evri delivery driver has been to the close at least 3 times since, delivering to us twice and, he is a decent bloke. Have to assume the packages are lost or destroyed. The lack of explanation annoys me more than anything.

EDIT: Before posting the above I emailed the retailer, using their online form. Within 30 minutes they replied, saying that as there had been no movement on the tracking, they will send me out a replacement right away.

EDIT2: Had another email to say the replacement package will be delivered tomorrow, NOT by Evri. That’s the kind of customer service that will see me going back to them.

Last edited: 8 Sep 2022
    IanW likes this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Had a great experience with them the other day....

OK I'm being sarcastic.

So it began with the parcel being out for delivery. I just ignored it, figuring it would arrive when it arrives. Thankfully I didn't waste time doing so. The parcel was just a set of custom bolts. So I figured it would go through the letter box thus making it easy even for Hermes. I was wrong about that.

So I get the email. "Your item has been successfully delivered". Cool, I'll go down and get it.

Got down the stairs.. nothing. Ok, so he couldn't quite make my building so let's go nextdoor. Nothing there either. The lady even let me in whilst she searched the entire lobby.

Oh well, that's that I suppose. I thank her and leave. As I get toward the main door of my building he rocks up with my parcel. Some 20 minutes after I received the email.

You can't beat Hermes for a bit of sketchy. Even when they do deliver they load it with lies.

19. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

A lot of parcels have to be delivered in a certain time frame, so they’ll mark it as delivered and come back when they can. You still get your parcel, they’ve hit the time frame, Brucie bonus ‘coz now they don’t have to pay compensation for the missed time slot you’ve paid for.

20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just had my first delivery since Hermes became evri. Umm, no drama. The box still had corners and was generally unmolested.

I mean, that is the bare minimum we should expect from them so I ain't breaking out the bunting and streamers... but still, I'll take it.

Pete J, IanW and stephen0205 like this.