1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trumpet Blowing 2022

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by 1Car1_Garforth, 19 Jan 2022.

1. 1Car1_Garforth

1Car1_Garforth What's a Dremel?

Time for a new thread. I expect to gain more points this year than in the previous 14 :cooldude: My new RTX3070Ti earned 4 million in its first day.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Jan 2022
    dark_avenger, javaman and MLyons like this.
  2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Your card didn't happen to replace an older working card someone could possibly nick to boost their PPD?

3. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Thanks for starting the new thread.
    I think I should hit a legit milestone this year, sometime around late Februrary, with a 20 Billion point marker :cooldude:

PS My first 4 million points took around 50 months!

4. DocJonz

Today, I reached the 20 billion point milestone :thumb:

(Reaching this milestone is dedicated to Keith H, a work colleague who taught me how to use Linux for Folding so that I could set-up my own machines - he died 8 years ago of skin cancer, at the age of just 46. Thanks Keith).

dark_avenger and javaman like this.
  5. javaman

Congrats DocJonz!

Never easy to lose someone especially that way.

6. javaman

Retiring the GTX960 and replacing it with an RTX3060ti

8 months Folding non stop
    65,233,216 Points
    Quite a few positions gained (team rank 112 currently)

7. DocJonz

@javaman - you should see a nice PPD jump with that switch :thumb:

javaman likes this.
  8. javaman

Extreme overclocking hasn't been picking updates so don't have nice stats dashboard.

From Saturday evening to now I have went from 92,515,092 to 95,385,758. Thats 2,870,666 in around 24 hours. Bit on the low side but reinstalling windows and using the PC so kinda expect that. Will keep an eye on it but essentially doing in a day what would have taken 10 days previously. Not bad at all!

9. DocJonz

Yep, stats are down - they went down over the weekend.

Around 2.8m PPD actually sounds about right for an RTX 3060 Ti - 10x more productive than your older gen card!

10. javaman

3.2million PPD yesterday. That's more like what I was expecting! :D

Just broke the 100million mark total points . Looking at the stats another 2 of these GPU's would put the team safe from some teams behind and on the road to catch TSCI Russia.....I'm on a dangerous slope

dark_avenger and Arboreal like this.
  11. javaman

Just overtook the CustomBitChimps team and will overtake Lizard. Delighted to finally reach that landmark but still feel a pang of sandness. Seeing zz9pzza not far ahead estimated 4weeks overtake and remember him dominating back in the big adv CPU folding days. Phoenicis isn't much further beyond that :sad:

12. DocJonz

Names I remember well ...
    inpharm was board leader for the CustomPC team from Feb_07 to Oct_09 until phoenicis came shooting passed, riding high till Feb_12, though he was stormed for one month by zz9pzza (Sept_11). Dave_Goodchild then ruled the roost until Nov_13, when I hit the number one spot for a short spell (Dec_13 to Jul_14), before being surpassed by Nelio until Oct_16.
    I think I've had the longest running stint in the team number one spot ... time someone came and took if off me :grin:

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Unless Nvidia decide to join our team I think your number 1 spot is safe for some time to come :hehe:

14. javaman

Challenge accepted!! Just have to wait until GPUs become available and I finish building the small reactor in the garden to power it all

For this year's Chimps Challenge, everyone vs the number one folder on your team and you keep folding until double their total....that'll teach ya!

15. DocJonz

Having done some quick sums, I still don't think that would work for you any time soon;
    Today I'm on 21m PPD and the team is pulling 58m PPD (using some rounding up), so that means if the team clumps together (without me) that would be pulling 37m PPD more than me. Given the current gap behind me (to PC_Rich) is 13bn, so that even if you add to PC_Rich's score as the baseline, that would take an awful long time to come up level, let alone double that ... about 2 years ... it would be a very long Chimps Challenge!!

16. 1Car1_Garforth

1Car1_Garforth What's a Dremel?

One billion points today. The first 500 million took years but the other 500 m in about 5 months, thanks to the pace of GPU development. Electricity prices have increased a lot recently, perhaps thanks to Putin, but I am still running my 3070Ti full time. Also I am running another PC full time at the moment to try and overtake a expired folder by Friday 13th, which is my birthday. This will not happen unless I win the lottery, though.

javaman likes this.
  17. DocJonz

@1Car1_Garforth - Great milestone :thumb:

(I mentioned (further up the thread) that my first 4 million points took around 50 months(!) - with the increase in hardware performance over the years, I can now do 4 million points in about 4 hours :jawdrop:)

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Toot!

Quietly fired back up a couple of folding rigs over the past month. Nothing silly like before, just a 3070 and a 2070 Super to bolster the output a bit.

19. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

A rig with 2x970's died (they are OK sat in a corner, just well used if anyone is interested) so I have consolidated with a 3070 and 2x2070's, hence moving on up the table!

javaman likes this.
  20. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

Glad to see that everything is completely dead over here.

Just passed 400mil (Rank 46)

With GPU prices coming back down and the second hand market about to be flooded will probably pick up a 3000 series card to add to the mix

javaman likes this.