1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

The_Crapman and David like this.
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It shouldn't be a surprise to them - they've already been dragged through the courts because it fails to give you wings, so why should it give you wins?

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'm waiting for the lawsuit over the uncontrollable whinges it gives you.

Also, hehe. First the new race directors read the drivers the riot act on overtaking/defending standards, then they specifically read Verstappen the riot act over his safety car/DRS zone antics. Now the car is fragile.

Verstappen has looked rattled in the all three races so far, Perez looks relaxed, the gap between them has gotten much smaller over the winter and I think it's getting into Max's head.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think mercedes have been pretty lucky so far, gaining quite a bit from safety cars and other's unreliability, but their race package with a heavily laden car seems up there. Just lacking the stability at light loads for balls out attack mode.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Horner: I'd rather have a fast, unreliable, car than a slow, reliable, one

Russel in P2 in the drivers championship: I beg to differ.
    Merc, P2 in the constructors: What George said.

yes, long season, but this early unreliability could really come back to bite RBR wrt both championships.

6. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

The Merc absolutely without a doubt, especially the first two races and ironically now that Masi isn't in charge of them. More karmatic rebalancing?
    Today both Merc and McLaren seem to have pace they kept talking about. I would love to know why Australia suited them better or didn't force them into the same compromise in setup seen in the previous weekends.
    Either way you have to be in it to win it. Red Bull may be 2nd quickest over a single lap, quickest over half a race distance but points aren't given out until the end of the race.

The issues during Q3 qualifying shows some teams struggling to get the tires working in a pinch. The safety car restarts also show this.

I'm wondering if Hamilton will remain after this season. I get the impression the cars are difficult to setup, keep in the performance window and all the bouncing can't be comfortable. Doesn't look a fun combination to be a driver

7. RedFlames

I can certainly see Vettel calling it a day if Strolling Martin's year continues like this...

8. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Wa-hey! Great stuff today!

Will be great for the drama if they can maintain this error-strewn behaviour instead of reverting to the bulletproof excellence of last year.

9. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

A nice mixed bag in the top 10. Shows that performance is going to vary track to track. RB looked untouchable once out in front but so have Ferrari in other races. Good race overall.

10. fix-the-spade

I foresee a contract extension in Checo's near future...

11. RedFlames

Every team has scored points 4 races in... when was the last time that happened?

12. The_Crapman

Probably not since the button/brawn year when there was 5 different winners in the first 5 races.

Getting really bored of the sky team bumlicking mercedes all the time, constantly saying they "hope they get back to the front soon", "can't wait till they get back to the front" "Lewis will have to wait for eight" etc. Why? They've had their time at the top, now they're 4th best at best, because that's what happens in the sport. I hope McLaren sort themselves out and start challenging for wins, but I'm a McLaren fan. As an impartial, I hope Haas and Alfa Romeo can stay up there and push for a podium or 2. Or see Fernando get one last win before he retires for the 15th time.

Fascinating race though. Looking more and more like a 2 horse race, but ebbing and flowing as track/tyre/weather suits one team more than the other. Pretty sure there were more on track overtakes without drs than there was with too.

13. javaman

Ummmm Button won 6 of the first 7 races that season with Vettel winning 1. Vettel then won the 8th race.

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

That was 2012. Pastor Maldonado won the 5th in a Williams (still their last victory).

15. RedFlames

Also probably gonna be decided by which team/driver screws up the least... seems pretty even between the two front runners on that front.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Same race different horses, it'll be no more exciting than the last couple of years until a 3rd or 4th team come up to muster and start challenging.
    I hope Merc get their thumbs out of their backside soon.

17. javaman

McLaren look more likely to break into the front 2 than anyone else. They've definetly made a lot of progress since the first 2 races

18. fix-the-spade

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

20. The_Crapman

Ah!

Thanks for the correction.