1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Green home grant approved, my fairly cold house will be insulated up massively soon :rock:

IanW, Pete J, adidan and 2 others like this.
  2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

What works are they doing?

3. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

So. I've been researching matters in finland. Looks like my deed poll is enough to change my name AND gender marker over there, think bypassing the regular process. Usually you'll have to apply to change your name, of course gendered, but there is an alternative process which is quite lenient. Now for the gender marker... Its a bit more finicky as population data services agency offers a form which is the finicky bit: it requires supporting letters from both GICs over there. Bit of legislation that governs gender marker changes does not name any specific GICs. So the form is wrong. :hehe:

I'm now working with two rather interesting people on this: vice judge and a professor in procedural law, both pro bono. Not the first time I've brought out some big guns :rock:

Isitari, IanW and Almightyrastus like this.
  4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Internal wall insulation, basically adding themal pasterboard to the inside of every external wall, which the 2 biggest walls in my living room and bedroom!
    Really glad about this as I can't afford it and the house is freezing on cold days and too cool on warm days

Vault-Tec, IanW, Pete J and 1 other person like this.
  5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Sold my Samsung G9... *sigh* :( going to be sad to see it go if I'm honest but Its just not being used and I couldn't justify keeping it for the sake of it.

It really needs a much bigger desk, and that requires a bigger house which I won't be in a position to get without making necessary sacrifice.

Awesome because, on the plus side, this goes towards paying off debt which means a debt free end to 2022 is certainly within reach once again.

Isitari, yuusou and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Awesome news. You can stop gluing yourself to the roads now :D :D

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

After a couple of hours last night, about four, the new TV stand was finished, and installed over lunch today;

[​IMG]

And now we just need a bigger TV, and a slightly bigger centre, and that means the fronts are going to need replacing to match the centre..

Believe it or not, for a non-gamer partner, that's her PS2. She plays PS1 Rayman on it almost exclusively. Nice empty space for a series X.

Gravity holds it together, some chunky 20mm dowels run between the legs to keep them located. No glue, surprisingly stable.

8. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Munch and a date today

Byron C likes this.
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I was looking up photos of an old case I used to have, the Juno P3:

[​IMG]

The site I nicked the photos from is an absolute blast - it's a case mod from 2001: https://www.mashie.org/casemods/syrinix1.html. The amount of effort that went into that watercooling setup is insane, it even uses an aquarium pump because that's how long ago this was! It's an absolute nostalgia trip, I highly recommend giving it a read!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Just swapped to a new router (USG-Pro to a UXG-Pro) and the most difficult part was swapping the C5 plug on the lead to a C13

- Swap
    - Forget USG
    - Adopt UXG
    - ???
    - Profit

Thank the lawd for software defined networking, that could have very easily ruined my weekend.

Byron C likes this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Houston, The Chungus has landeded - repeat, The Chungus has landed.

[​IMG]

Holy BALLS that was hard work getting it up the stairs.

Little bit of tweaking in the service menu and the geometry looks much better. Not perfect - never will be with 20+ year old tech - but way better than it was.

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I remember my old Trinitron, damn those things are mahoosive and heavy.

I kinda wish I'd held onto mine years ago but, to be fair, I would've needed a new back by now with all the moving in between then and now.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It heavy. It very heavy.

But it also allowed me to confirm that two systems I've had for ages are indeed still working. A GameCube I bought here, and my brother's Xbox that I rescued from the loft. Didn't have much doubt about the GameCube since it was from someone here, but I'd never fired it up myself! Up until now I've had nothing at all that can accept composite video.

14. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

That looks rather like the CPS2 test grid, @Byron C ;)

Byron C likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's the 240p Test Suite... which uses the CPS2 test grid as one of its test patterns... :grin:

Damn handy bit of kit, the 240p Test Suite. As is a soft-modded Wii, it turns out. Been years since I modded it though, going to have to look up how to install other emulators and such on it - besides the Amiga & Atari, it's the only other system I own with a working RGB SCART cable!

16. jinq-sea

Aha - I'd recognise it anywhere. Sad, really!

Must look at 240p test suite

17. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Tracked a "lost" pension from a place worked at for 2 years, that was 16 years ago, fair amount in there which is nice!
    Might have a chance of living reanably when I get to retire......if, I mean

IanW, Isitari and adidan like this.
  18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Reminds me I need to do similar.

In other news a 3 or 4mm gap in some IKEA unit saw them give us £38 back - it may even resolve itself over time.

#littlewin

goldstar0011 likes this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Very handy piece of software for testing upscalers, checking CRT geometry, checking colour banding, etc.

20. jinq-sea

I bet. I've got a test pattern generator somewhere which does the same sort of thing.