1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

[​IMG]

The woodburner is getting cleaned this week so i'll freshen up the cement seal after it's done ready for autumn/winter.

Love a fire me.

perplekks45 and Vault-Tec like this.
  2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

We can compare notes!

adidan likes this.
  3. adidan

Ha yup.

My general reviews of footwear are either fit/don't fit, comfy/not comfy :happy:

4. adidan

Mine arrived, bit roomier than the standard size of my other boots but nothing thick socks don't fix.

Damned comfortable though. Will give them a proper test run on a walkabout this weekend.

On first looks, good value though.

Arboreal likes this.
  5. legoman

Yeah picked mine up earlier, same rather spacious Inside, tempted to go down a size. But even so very comfortable, quite a high platform to them as well which is different. Can see these being used for more than just working in though once they break in a bit.

adidan and Arboreal like this.
  6. adidan

Yeah did initially think a size down but then that'd be too tight.

Worse case scenario an insole would do the trick otherwise a big o'l sock. Mainly an issue because my left foot is just a tiny bit smaller than my right, only noticeable in cases like this.

On the plus side it sounds like the toe cap is made of Kevlar so at least our big toes are safe from drive bys :happy:

legoman likes this.
  7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

[​IMG]

New ventilation controller for the AV cupboard - which has various bells and whistles that are a nice to have, but mainly because it's more practical for wall mounting and integration (the previous model had cable attachments on the bottom, this has them on the the rear)

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Don't suppose it has HA support?

9. legoman

That is a plus, insoles oisnt a bad idea, reckons it has memory foam in there but an insole wont hurt, more squish on the feetsies. Kevlar is nice, I did see they are metal detector safe. Been out for a walk in them, seem pretty comfy if a bit loose around the toe box. Can see these being rather good winter walking boots.

adidan likes this.
  10. adidan

Winter walking is pretty much the main reason I got them, just need some deep snow to make the most of the chunky buggers :happy:

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[quietly slips back in through a side door that someone left open....]

Bluetooth dongle and USB SATA adapter for the MiSTer Multisystem

USB HDD because large MicroSD cards are expensive and Bluetooth because the 8bitdo USB dongle is a bit naff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

45 degree LED strip diffuser

Because anyone who mounts bare LED strips without a diffuser is an animal - an animal, you hear?

[​IMG]

Lap tray for... laptops... and tablets... and probably beer when I'm feeling very lazy...

Like those crap things you get at Ikea... but... like... better than the crap Ikea stuff...

[​IMG]

Razer Viper Ultimate with charging dock

Not sure I'll be switching to this full time. I have a lot of Corsair stuff, including the Corsair Glaive RGB Pro, and I like having one central program to manage settings, LEDs, etc. The mouse itself seems fine, if a little weird because I'm used to heavy chonksters, I'm just not sold on having to have Razer Synapse installed on top of iCUE.

[​IMG]

Keychron K7 with optical brown switches

This'll be my iPad keyboard for when I go back to university in just over a week. Because F- giving Apple £330 for the mAgIc KeYbOaRd(tm).

I'm in the process of setting up code-server in an Azure container web app; it's a web-based VSCode instance with all the code execution taking place in Azure compute. This means I can use it as a progressive web app in Safari to write and "run" code on my iPad... which in turn means that I can get away with only taking my iPad (and the keyboard) to classes instead of taking my iPad and a laptop. Or taking my iPad and using the university's computers *shudder*.

[​IMG]

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

:miffed::dremel::grr:

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I know the context of which you speak :thumb:

Like I said, I'm not sure I'm going to use it as a daily driver, or even hold on to it.

14. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

I’d be interested to get your thoughts on the low profile optical switches. They look quite interesting with the panda-like banana and mint versions.

15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

My first pair of slippers since I was knee high to a grass hopper, damn I'm getting old

b1g-d0g likes this.
  16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I used some of those outside and they worked really nicely

Last edited: 16 Sep 2022
  17. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

It's a man's right to wear slippers when the time comes

18. Mister_Tad

As in high availability? I'm not sure TBH... I know that you can define a fair number of profiles based on temperature and humidity for multiple fans and/or lights (the latter for... "horticultural" uses), so could effectively do fan HA by running two and half capacity, temp controlled.

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You could give OpenRGB a try - It's quite good with Corsair & Razer stuffs.

I read that as Home Assistant?

[​IMG]

20. Mister_Tad

It's wifi, so probably not impossible. I'm hoping an enterprising developer decides to create a Control4 driver for it FWIW.