1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm kinda trying to follow the messages when I can, but I often play with my other half and quite often I'll miss stuff.

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

You can actually re-read any that you missed, but I mostly did the same. It's a great game to 'play' while doing other things. But there's a certain point where things become a bit different and you can't really miss it. I shall say no more! :happy:

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Er, yeah, I think I've reached this point now...! :grin:

Hex likes this.
  4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

63.8m on that bloody Jewel GPU app game now. With two (or three?) full screen clearances on the way to that.

Plus finding out more Tunic secrets each day.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (ME1)

Decided to pick this up - was simply a matter of when, not if. Think it was 67% off. A happy trip down memory lane:
    • There's no difference in the experience point you get killing something with the Mako versus on foot. Good.
    • Thresher Maws are a bit trickier now, as well as having some cool additions, like sensor tentacles and a dust cloud to indicate their sub soil movements.
    • Game seems far easier than it used to be.
    It's funny to see how 'quaint' ME1 is now. On the other hand, really looking forward to getting to grips with ME2 after I finished ME1. ME2 has yet to be surpassed as Best Sequel Of All Time.

Fallout 4

Still playing this in-between Mass Effect sessions. Eh. Wander about a bit, occasionally hit something to kill it, sometimes something interesting happens.

I dunno. I remember enjoying Fallout 3 more, but there again, when that came out, the scale of the game was unprecedented and being a student, I didn't have much else to do.

6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

73m-ish now on Jewel-sink, but right now, I'm playing...

...SCORN.

I'll let you know if I sleep later.

Pete J likes this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So apparently I've dropped Power Wash Simulator like a bag of hot dog poo (I will get back to it!) in favour of...

Cyberpunk 2077. Third play-through of this game, so far - I think it's safe to say that I enjoy it... I watched the Netflix anime Edgerunners recently, which I highly recommend, and like so many other people it was enough to suck me back into the game. I've now done all three of the V "origin stories", and I still think I prefer the Nomad origin.

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Not a lot, since picking up a 3070ti nothing has tickled my fancy.

Although now I've got a decent g card I might see if that comes up cheaply somewhere over chrimbo, I was going to give the latest Modern Warfare a whirl, but not at sixty odd quid I ain't

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just started HZD on PS4.

It's ok. Maybe it'll grab me more as it goes on. Was expecting it to blow me away what with how many people rave about it.

Aloy has yet to blow me. Away. :worried:

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

So? Have you recovered from PTSD yet?

11. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Uncharted 4 PC .. 16 hours in and will be starting The Lost Legacy straight after.

12. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I could barely function enough to match three jewels together.

Not sure if it was the fact that the other game reminded me of that time we were imprisoned in that tyranid charnel barge or the fact I had to spawn a being then chop-saw its harness from its back, or maybe even the constant chasing of a crystalline highscore, but the chapter-approved therapist has said that talking about things should help.

Pete J likes this.
  13. adidan

So Horizon Zero Dawn is growing on me.

Trouble is its triggered my collectomania and have my usual issue of having no space to carry anything.

Pete J likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I found inventory management to be a constant thorn in my side when playing that game. Have to be ruthless with what you keep!

adidan likes this.
  15. adidan

I NEED MY 2000 RIDGE-WOOD!

Oh, I could just buy that stuff I guess.

Byron C likes this.
  16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I lied, downloading now

Arboreal likes this.
  17. adidan

Yeah, it went on and it grabbed me.

Glad I stuck with it, really enjoyable storyline. :thumb:

Pete J, Byron C and Arboreal like this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Vampire Survivors. Good god is that game addictive! £4.83 well spent!

19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'm going through my first playthrough of HZD on PS5. A little earlier I took down my first Thunderjaw with a mishmash of projectiles to begin with, then took 'a lot' of potshots with the standard arrows until it finally gave up the will to live destroy every fibre of my being.
    I decided to get the attention of a Stormbird and found I definitely need to read a guide to at least find what the best way is to dispatch one before even thinking of disturbing another one.
    Most of the machines I've met so far are okay, as in, if they charge, roll out of the way and use a heavy spear attack. The Bellowback's are a pain but eventually go up with quite a satisfying firework display.
    Quite enjoying this.

adidan and Pete J like this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Disco Elysium. Or rather, have just finished it for the second time.

Absolutely fantastic game. It's incredibly well written and the world is so detailed. Found a *ton* of stuff I missed the first time around, including some additional options at the ending.

EDIT: I just looked through my achievements in Steam and the last time I unlocked a bunch of achievements was this time last year. Huh. Weird coincidence.