1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. adidan

But Teletext was the go to if you wanted to look for overpriced cruises I seem to recall.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Finally found a dentist I’m rather comfortable with, I need lots of work done including lots of implants, and that work comes at the price of £380 an hour, they actually make your new teeth while you are in the waiting room.

but my journey to perfect teeth has begun!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Project log?

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Game reviews and cheats !

Wow man, I used to spend hours on there!

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Now I wasn't too sure whether to post this in here or in the ruining thread as there are a bit of both in there, but I think overall it is a positive.

I have just had my diabetes meds changed (again...) and have gone onto a once weekly injection of something called Trulicity as well as getting rid of the hated gliclazide pills. The ruining bit is that I now see why the Trulicity injection and others in the same dulaglutide family are sometimes referred to as a "chemical gastric band"... I can now only eat about half of what I used to a couple of weeks ago, if that. Anything more and I start to feel really sick. Something that is apparently a known effect and just something that comes along with the territory. I am now down to a couple of cereal bars in the morning, a 2 slice sandwich at lunch (if I feel up to it) and a small dinner at night, I just really don't want anything else.

The good side to all this is that I seem to have lost half a stone in the week and a half since starting this and my blood sugars are down into levels that I have not seen for years. I just need to get used to the drastic reduction in diet, and being so used to eating a certain amount for years, this is not easy.

IanW and Vault-Tec like this.
  8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Managed to complete the poop from earlier without any further drama. Probably a bit of an overreaction, but given the last 4 years....

adidan likes this.
  9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

That's PTSD for you.

I'm about to enter the world of inguinal hernias myself. It's been manageable and pain-free, and I've been busy, but I have to accept the fact I'm going to need to speak to a doctor about diagnosis and treatment in the near future.

:sigh:

Edit: wrong thread but I'm leaving it here.

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

your legs must have gone to sleep several times over if took you that long...

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. The_Crapman

Actually happens often at work if I'm having a tough time of it. The bog has been designed for children or midgets. Really low, seat is think and very rounded, not a comfortable place at all

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Wasn't there a company who designed toilets for workplaces that were deliberately uncomfortable to use?

13. The_Crapman

My deepest and heartfelt commiserations. Quite likely a PTSD or ptsd-like reaction. Was a jittery mess most of the afternoon after.

If you can, find a good private surgeon. I felt better after my second operation than I did before, despite them cutting a 4" hole in me.

I know, I know. For the most part our NHS is great. Had my tonsils out, had my wrist reset after breaking and dislocating it at the same time, been saved from a severe head injury, shoulder repair op and one for trigger finger, all of them flawless, and I am very grateful for it. So maybe the moral of the story is pick your hospital wisely? which you can do. I can recommend Warwick.

Moreover, if you wake up and are instantly in agony, like just thinking about moving your legs is unbearable and actually moving them is worse than death, do not let them kick you out.

One thing i still go back to, is asking the surgeon before hand of I'll be ok to sleep on my stomach after the op, because that's how I normally sleep. "I don't see why not". 4 years later and I can still not sleep on my front

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Pretty sure that we have a couple of seats at work based on that idea. The rounding over the sides of the seat is a lot more pointed than flat and gets very uncomfortable very quickly.

15. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Just come back off a solo 2 night road trip to the Lake District on my motorbike. Spent two nights at YHA Helvellyn. Was slinging it down all day yesterday but I still got out for a walk. Beaut weather for the return trip today though. Done over 300 miles and loved every minute of it, but can't wait to hit my own pit later :)

ElThomsono and Byron C like this.
  16. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

About twelve hours until I meet my partner #8

We've known each other for a bit under year and a half. She brought up the idea of meeting, I rolled with it, here we go! Cardiff vs Brighton :grin:

Byron C likes this.
  17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'm heading up to the lakes for five days on Monday :hehe:

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  18. adidan

The Lakes are still lovely in the rain.

I think I actually prefer them like that :happy:

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm going on mine tomorrow lmao. Ah well, I think I will just eat lots :hehe:

20. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

RGB *all* the things.