1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Well therein lies the problem, I'm antisocial!

perplekks45 likes this.
  2. Mr_Mistoffelees

When I had an active FB account, I did the same and, I have an enormously long block list on Twitter.

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Ah good point - for particular groups I guess it's not so much "Facebook" as it a just another platform for a community page - much like a forum, discord etc

I always used it for the "keeping in touch with people" use case, but stepped away when it seemed like I was keeping touch with the people I wanted to keep touch with just fine, and the rest were just acquaintances I couldn't really be fussed about. And many of them were also quite insufferable.

I started purging "friends" but then canned it off entirely.

Of the ones I did know better, It did occasionally tickle me just how incongruous people's facebook life was to their actual life - but thought it's probably healthier to be entirely ignorant of their facebook-self. There was an instance where I was directly talking to a sorta-friend about a day out they had, said that everything that could go wrong did, and they're pretty cheesed off by the whole thing, then I see the same person has posted on facebook, all smiles "Great family day out today, best day ever! Look how perfect everything is omg!"... sigh.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  4. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

It’s not social media, it’s media consumption. I find myself using Facebook less and less.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, ... They're all just a platform to post and/or consume media. The actual social interaction between friends has become negligible.

yuusou likes this.
  6. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I don’t use insta or twatter, I rarely even open Facebook these days. Do use messenger and WhatsApp to converse and arrange things with people.

Shame forums are a dying breed.

Weekly_Estimate and perplekks45 like this.
  7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The nipper smashed his phone. Not the best time to cough up for a new one, so I've given him mine and I'm using the backup phone I use with my drone.

It'll do for now, but it's a Samsung and I'm very much a Oneplus fanboy.

8. David

Yay, the car won't start. Completely dead. Just what I need on a day we're short-staffed.

Oh, and in a final piss-take, I had it booked in for an MOT this morning.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

You'll hate me, but I did have to chuckle about the timing of fail/MOT. Good luck and Godspeed, good sir.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The fact that David Guetta (AKA the least talented entity in existence) is still allowed to make 'music'.

And yes, I use the term 'music' in its loosest definition.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Not ruining my life exactly but ive just learnt that Louise Fletcher died last week.

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Go for ultrasound on my hands to determine which arthritis I have, and Friday for dysphagia and trouble breathing just trying to put my slip on shoes on.

I'm tired of being sick.

13. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Coolio dead. :sigh:

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

OH testing negative for Covids but has a temperature over 38 degrees.

Blummin bugs.

15. Mr_Mistoffelees

This is expected to be a very bad flu season, wife and I are getting flu jabs Saturday.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yeah, that is a bit of a worry. My wife and I are both diabetic. She had her jab last weekend and I have mine a week on Sunday. Tried to get them both at the same time but my GP was dragging its heels yet again... Got my C-19 one booked for the week after too, going to be feeling grotty for a while with those two... Meh, better that that catching a bad dose of either again...

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just booked mine and the missus's in for Wednesday at the local supermarket. Can't get a 'vid booster, though, 'cos we've had all the shots the NHS is willing to hand out and pharmacies aren't offering private ones.

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

I'm 58, so just waiting until I can book the Covid booster.

19. David

I would've laughed too, but I was still pretty salty yesterday. However, the gods of karma and correctness have smiled on me and granted a clean MOT result today.

Pete J, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My neck has been really sore since Monday, to the point where the slightest wrong movement is agony.

I've had a sore throat off and on most of this week.

This morning I went in to the office for once, had a bunch of in person meetings and we had a company-wide open bar booked after work. But pretty much everything went wrong from the moment I got to town. Greggs was cash only and I didn't have time to go to a cash machine. I took my student ID instead of my office ID and even going for a piss needs my ID badge. Forgot the dongle for my mouse. Left my coffee at home. And then I started feeling really rough after about 20 minutes, so I ended up coming home (dizzy, light headed, aching). But the biggest dickpunch is that I got a taxi in so I had to get a taxi home (OH had already started work) - I spent about £45 on taxis to be in the office for about 30 minutes.