1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Still, Lappedtifi is the only driver yet to score points in 2022 [I mean... Hulkenberg technically too but of the 20 proper drivers].

de Vries would need Ferrari levels of bad luck and mismanagement to not oust Latifi.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

3. RedFlames

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Oh dam. Yeh he can sit out a good long while. Sportsmen are clinically deranged and will carry on like the black Knight of they could. They need someone else to step in and say no.

5. RedFlames

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

You are allowed 1 engine all season. Penalties for engine components will be decided by a jousting contest.

David and MLyons like this.
  7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I've given-up entirely on F1, so much is determined by strategy, component replacement rules and, the vagaries of the race director's whim, that all the fun has been sucked out.

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Surely strategy is a good thing in racing? Without it you would be watching scalectrixs

Component replacement was in response to having qualifying engines or new engines every race meaning the top teams would consistently spend their way to success. If anything having a reason to send Red Bull, Ferrari or Merc to the back of the grid adds some excitement as it shuffles up the grid.

While Masi royally screwed up I do remember Whiting pulling off some bizarre rulings so that's nothing new. What is new is how consistently inconsistently the application of the rules has become. They don't seem to know if they want to be strict or let them race. That is really putting me off as well as it makes F1 look like it's run by monkeys who make decisions by throwing poo at a wall and seeing what sticks

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

The whole hoo ha about budget caps being breached and the resulting punishment likely to be a fine.

Hang on they put the budget cap in place to limit spending so how do we punish them, by making them spend more money pmsl, only the FIA :clap:

10. RedFlames

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Okay. What was the average viewership on terrestrial TV?

12. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Terrible news I was hoping to use the F1TV streams next year, legally. Guess I'll just miss it as I'm probably dropping pay tv without a cracking deal.

13. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

As soon as Sky got rights I became a pirate / C4 highlights only kind of guy. The terrestrial coverage was so good and the sport was massive in the UK and then nadda. Sky can piss off.

14. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Brilliant, another race where we won't know who won cause post race investigation....

MLyons likes this.
  15. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

On the TV deal, what should we expect with the American owners? Their interests are in squeezing as much money from viewers' pockets, and this attitude seems to have now gone over to the ticketing for the circuits as well.

I've been listening to the Bring Back V10s podcast (it's great) - feels like we are marching ever onwards to this glossy, synthetic American-style spots product. Bah!

16. fix-the-spade

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sergio-perez-singapore-investigation/

On the one hand, hooray, race result stands.

On the other, Normally drivers get a drive through for anything behind the safety car, which is more than 5 seconds. They keep handing out lighter than average penalties to RB drivers. I know they do it because they don't want to be seen to change the results of races, but it keeps happening to RB drivers and it's adding up.

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Is that because RB drivers always seem to be at the front?

18. fix-the-spade

Might be, and if they're not the stewards will find a way to get them there...

... I'm kidding o course...

19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The people who bring up RB issues don't seem to bring up George "crikey" Russel when it comes to dodgy or non existent punishments.

20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Ooh, that sounded a lot like a back door whataboutism.