1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I've got some Lenovo M93p Tiny's I'm looking to sell, if anyone's interested I'll pop a thread up with pics etc.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

.... You say this now.... :grin:

Arboreal likes this.
  3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Aw, sorry dude, I've been sorting through no end of stuff, odds and ends etc and getting there with stuff that needs to find a new home. Mainly some joblots of laptops, some small form factor PC's too, a Home Theatre 7.1 amp, a few iPads and other tablets. I'll get a thread or two on here when I can get pics together.

Arboreal likes this.
  4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Star Trek - The Kelvin Timeline [4K Ultra-HD] [2019] [Region Free] [Blu-ray]
    [​IMG]

With the Series x supporting BR I thought it might be worth trying to watch my favourite scene in all its glory. Where they warp into battle and it's just absolute chaos.

adidan, IanW and Bloody_Pete like this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My old Dyson stick vac now runs for about 60 seconds before dying, so:

[​IMG]

Tineco A11 Hero stick vac. 40 minutes on lowest power, 20 on highest. Snagged it on offer at £99 last night; it's now £250 on the same listing, but there's a separate listing for exactly the same thing at £125, so... eh.

There weren't no way I was giving Jimmy "Bawbag" Dyson any money.

Oh, and that weird cartridge adapter thingy? It's a cleaner for the washable filters: swap the dirty filter for a new one, shove it in the adapter thing, and run the vac while turning the filter ten times. Saves you having to rinse it and wait for it to dry, apparently.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

*clears throat*

My first ever brand new S&M frame. Hand made in CA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A headset.

[​IMG]

Front wheel.

[​IMG]

Rear wheel (freecoaster, not got one)

[​IMG]

Fancy nuts

[​IMG]

Grips.

[​IMG]

Chain

[​IMG]

Pedals

[​IMG]

Seat

[​IMG]

Stickers

[​IMG]

Vinyl for fork decals once I have finished restoring them

[​IMG]

Brake plate because I am not quite that crazy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brake

[​IMG]

USA ! USA !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I already had the rest.

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Randomly two of the mounting lugs snapped so its just flapping about on the single bolt it has.
    [​IMG]

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's fine, I'm only joking :grin:

I looked up the spec of the M93P Tiny before I posted and they're 4th gen Intel which wouldn't have helped me anyway :)

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Couple bits,

Dell 2418d - 1440p, used grade A but no stand so got a generic arm for it. Currently sitting portrait alongside my x34

[​IMG]

Stackable picking bins, going back into eBay after a hiatus. Taking it slow and working on streamlining what slowed it down before. Tried plastic storage boxes and stackable storage crates both sucked and broke easily. These cost quite a bit more but are designed for warehouse application so in theory should be sturdy? Bought three to test them out

[​IMG]

10. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

Sony Xperia 1 IV, I'd been swithering about getting one for a while but ultimately was put off that it's a £1300 phone with only 256GB of storage. Takes micro SD but who has time for that?

In the end, I got a grey import of the European version, 512GB and £900 delivered. I felt a bit cagey about it but the eBay seller had 30,000 sales under their belt so it felt secure.

Cracking camera in it, and I'd missed the Sony look and feel, it's great in one hand and everything is just so crisp and square, with a lovely 21:9 tallboi screen.

Weekly_Estimate and The_Crapman like this.
  11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I have missed Sony phones.

12. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

On the topic of phones I just got a Fairphone 4. It is not the last word in design or performance (though I like the design and it's significantly faster than my outgoing Samsung S10), but its environmental and repairability credentials are essentially second to none. I'm happy fellow! I do have a soft spot for Sony phones though!

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If I ever swtiched from Apple I would go with Fairphone. Sadly I just can't ignore Google, Android without Google is pretty useless and there are no credible alternatives. if I'm going to entrust my entire life to a tech company then I'd rather it be one whose business is charging a fortune for devices instead of one whose business is selling every single data point about you. (to be clear this is not a dig at you for using Android)

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sadly, Apple does the same: its work to block third-party invasive advertising on its platforms is less about protecting users and more about its own multi-billion dollar advertising business. A business it's actively expanding.

As bad as Google? No, but there are no clean hands here.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  15. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Given the chance, they would be as bad as Google, or worse. So would Google.

spolsh likes this.
  16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Oral-B iO9 Electric Toothbrush with Revolutionary Magnetic Technology.
    [​IMG]

Personally I've always used a Sonicare with the normal looking head, but apparently the oral b brush rotating heads are the way to go.

18. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Max Cooper - Kindred EP, custom record because it was never released as vinyl.
    Now a 12 to 14 week wait...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Oct 2022
  19. Gareth Halfacree

Got this. First impressions: much easier to clean than the Dyson. Carpet-lifting suction on the maximum power setting, way more than the Dyson ever had - more even, I think, than my Charles corded shop-vac. Brush bar is removable for easy de-hairing.

On the negative side: the wall-mount charging dock thing has room for all of the bundled accessories... *except* the filter-cleaning head, for no readily apparent reason; the manual warns that the warranty doesn't cover damage if you don't switch the motorised brush bar off when necessary (such as vacuuming deep-pile rugs)... but you can't actually switch it off, and there's no wide non-motorised head option even as an optional accessory; no flexible hose included in the bundle, and only available as part of a £40 kit with stuff you don't need and have nowhere to store; "40 minute" runtime is based on minimum power, as you'd expect, and not using a motorised head... which, as I've mentioned, means trying to vacuum with either the little brush head or the crevice tool 'cos both of the other tools are motorised (40W and 15W respectively).

If I'd paid £250, I'm not sure I'd be happy; £99, though? Yeah, it's definitely worth that. If only they'd offer a non-motorised floor head, I'd be a happy camper!

20. Gareth Halfacree

A supermarket pharmacy flu jab for me and the missus. Which is now £10. *Each*.

Last year it was £7.50. Few years before that it was £5 and you got a voucher for a free tea or coffee in the café.

Then we wonder why the flu hits so hard each year. Make it more affordable - or, better yet, free, I'm willing to bet you'll make the money back on GDP from a reduction in people out sick (or dying) each year.