1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Downloaded Throttle stop, disabled BD PROCHOT, laptop now performs like it was made this decade :hehe:

Cheers for the advice guys :thumb:

MLyons and Arboreal like this.
  2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Ass chocolate

Oh god

Shirty likes this.
  3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Snap.

Or squirt, if you prefer.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

K3100M was an HP model. His laptop is buggered on the left side ports. I'm so seriously pissed. The better half and I are looking at something to fix it, namely a new system. This was not an expected expense.

6. KayinBlack

It got worse, half the ports inside and out aren't working. His hard drive with Steam games and all his art isn't recognized (but at least it's working.) Gonna have to scramble here.

7. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Seems someone has opened up an account with O2 in my name. Random account appeared on my credit score, split into two strangely a loan and a telecoms account. Contacted Equifax to get it taken off. Contacted police to report fraud/ ID theft. All nice and easy. Contacted O2 to get ant detail of the account to pass on to the police or get the account barred/ taken off me from their end. Can't help me because I can't pass the security checks on the account. Passed my details down to the fraud department, they might contact me in the next five days.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The loan was likely taken out to pay for the imposter's new phone.
    Hope you can resolve this soon.

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

O2 are fine when all is well but, when something goes wrong, their customer service is worse than Talk Talk's.

My wife had an encounter with it a few years ago, after cancelling a new contract, well within the cooling-off period . Took six months and them using a debt collector to get it sorted. It was actually the debt collector that looked at what had happened and got it stopped.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Lost what's going to end up being a full day's work because I was up all night with DSV - and I don't mean a SeaQuest box set. Temperature nudging 40°C now, but at least I can drink and the cracker I just had seems to be staying down.

Bah.

11. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Part of me wishes I had a SeaQuest box set, but then I remember, what I hoped it would be, and what it actually turned out to be, were different. Chief Brody, Submarines, Adventures ... how could it not be magnificent , right ?

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  12. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Check that side of the machine isn't on a seperate board that needs reconnecting.
    Had something similar with my old macbook pro, a lose connected between the logic board and a daughter board

13. KayinBlack

Usb might be, SATA isn't. Gonna MacGyver up enough cash for a decent replacement. He deserves it.

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

NordVPN

I had to replace my phone and, while most apps transferred over, one or two apps had to be freshly installed. One of those is Google Authenticator (Brownie points for those who have already figured out where this is going).

So, I want to access my NordVPN account, it asks for my password, and then it asks for my authenticator code, which I can't provide because my Nord account is no longer showing under my list of accounts in the Google Authenticator app ("GA app" from here on). To fix this I need to add the account to the GA app. How? Oh, it's easy log into Nord and scan the QR code for MFA.

But wait, my Nord account already had MFA setup so, when I try to access the account it asks for authentication, but I can't authenticate because Nord isn't list on my GA app. Gah!!

I've been going round in meandering circles for ****ing hours. I have never came so close to punching my own monitor out of sheer frustration.

15. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Changing to Authy for my MFA needs is one of the best things I've done in the last few years. I get that it's less secure but it's still better than no MFA and a hell of a lot easier for these things (especially getting a new phone when you have 40+ AWS MFAs on there!)

16. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I had this recently with Tesco Mobile, the customer rep couldn’t seem to understand of course I wasn’t going to pass security, I didn’t set the security up, someone else did.

Had to go through Resolver to get it sorted, and in the mean time my credit history took a massive hit and now I‘ve a cifas report on there too!

Not long ago someone opened an account with EE, and my credit card was charged almost £60 by EE, that also only got sorted via resolver.

I wish you luck!

Last edited: 18 Oct 2022
  17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Lost my cool this morning in the gym.

I was doing bench press and about to start my warm up set. As I unrack and start to bring it down, a guy rushes over and starts trying to spot me. After I shout 'GET THE **** AWAY FROM ME' about three times, he finally gets the message.

I get up and start shouting some more. He starts getting all defensive and says he was trying to help as it looked as though I was struggling. Follows it up with saying I need to back off the steroids*. I shouted back that if I want a ****ing spot, I'll ask for it.

Grr.

Ah well, session went okay but I missed out on what I was aiming for 1 rep max wise.

*and no, I'm not on anything.

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Home gym Cheesecake

Oooooon the other hand as temperatures are lowering, bar's getting a lot colder and I'm a long way off being able to put money into some improvements so it's not the nicest place to be training!

19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

One of the bigger aspects of choosing a house was if i could fit
    1. Home Gym
    2. Workshop
    3. pool table
    not necessarily in that order

20. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

We could easily tell that list was in reverse order. Indeed, home gym could even have been replaceable with home cinema ...

Weekly_Estimate and IanW like this.