1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Couple of 235/55/17 Crossclimate 2s - the fronts managed around 23k but they're down the the wearbands now. The backs are just fine, and have years left on them. Still £150 a corner, after discounts, including alignment.

And another £90 on watercooling fittings - various G1/4" angles and extenders as well as some QDCs.

This has been an expensive week.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Gone a bit mad today.
    Huge sleeving order from mdpc-x
    Extra long screwdrivers (set of 8 for £10 in Aldi. Bargain)
    2 RGB splitter boards
    Pair of craft knives
    Foil, cling film organiser thingy
    Some end mills
    40m of 5 core 18awg ribbon cable
    10m of 10core 24awg ribbon cable
    20 bulkhead fittings
    A 125mm rotating vice
    Some bacho adjustable wrenches
    A new filling
    An adjustable wheely stool for the shed
    A carry case for the switch
    Steel conduit and swivel fittings
    Tiles, grout, silicone, leveller

Probably forgetting somethings. It's been a bit of a splurge day.

3. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Some network upgrades to try and cover the whole house reliably:

[​IMG]

I ran some CAT6 upstairs when we were doing some renos last year so have this acting as an AP:

[​IMG]

Hopefully stops the family complaining that despite my working in IT for >20 years their wifi "never works" :rollingeyes:

IanW and kenco_uk like this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Cabinet.

[​IMG]

Bob skins. I only wanted the Mosin.

[​IMG]

To get the sub connected in the bedroom.

[​IMG]

And then I hit a bit of a snag when continuing on wiring and prep for the new cabinet. I have changed the centre speaker, so now the tuning is out of whack. The problem is with it being a 17 year old AV controller it only has a S video out or AV. You can't see the menus without it (for tuning etc). My old TV had AV, so it was easy. I did manage to find a HDMI to AV box I bought ages ago, but the sodding power cable is MIA.

[​IMG]

Thing is I don't want to connect it (the AV receiver) to the TV any way. I bought a screen bloody years ago from Byron IIRC. 7" HDMI thing. So I want to use that, inside the cabinet (so I can open the door to see what is going on etc). Problem is it is just a raw screen. So I got this.

[​IMG]

Which with the screen in should look like this.

[​IMG]

Only without the Lara impostor.

IanW, kenco_uk and Arboreal like this.
  5. David

I'm no expert but isn't that supposed to be Jill wotsherface from Resident Evil?

perplekks45 and Byron C like this.
  6. Vault-Tec

God knows. I would, though.

perplekks45 likes this.
  7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That's Alice from RE.

Byron C likes this.
  8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Lara impostor.

spolsh likes this.
  9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Fancying a change from ITX/SFF, I was captivated by this wee beastie but it's suspiciously difficult to find in stock. Amazon EU did a solid though. It's Silverstone's latest HTPC offering 240mm radiator support up front.

Starting with a nice rear view. Space for 2 x 80mm fans above the IO.
    [​IMG]

Front IO includes 2 x USB-A 3.2 and a USB-C, very handy.

[​IMG]

Quite roomy. I've been faffing about all day today moving my kit into this case and it now has an MSI MPG X570S Edge Wifi, Corsair RM850X PSU, Arctic Freezer II, RTX 3070Ti FE and the 120mm fan areas filled. 2 x Pure Wings 80mm PWM on order.

[​IMG]

PSU draws air through filtered removable cover. There's also another cover that can take the place of the cover as shown here.

[​IMG]

Other side with 2 x 120mm fans near to the graphics card.

[​IMG]

Not that I'm using it, but the support bar which holds the 3.5/2.5" drives has a notch in it to accommodate radiators, but unfortunately the part cut out of the bar isn't enough for the admittedly oversize Freezer II AIO radiator up front.

[​IMG]

The two provided fans are standard 120mm fare, 3-pin jobs. They were removed.

[​IMG]

My finger marks on the front, but it looks quite fab if I say so myself. There's a neat slider under the power/drive leds which allows you to set the brightness.

[​IMG]

Despite the courier having quite literally a wild stab in the dark, it survived its journey across the salty British channel.

[​IMG]

Another drive cage that fits under the PSU.

[​IMG]

Altogether really rather chuffed. Coffee table leg for scale.

[​IMG]

Quite late in the day, but got it up and running. Win11 recombobulated and booted up fine as it was going from one AM4 board to another.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2022
  10. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Netgear Nighthawk RAX70 AX6600 Tri-Band WiFi 6 MU-MIMO Router

Replacing the SH2 from BT to get better range and speeds from our FTTP 900 connection

Just waiting for it to be delivered........

trigger likes this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Well you know man, it's Chingrish. So I figured they had knocked that image up to put on there lol.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This:

upload_2022-10-30_10-19-39.png

CZUR ET24 Pro document scanner. I've got my lovely Fujitsu SP-1425, and it *is* lovely, but if I want to scan a book or magazine I have to do so destructively - cutting the spine off and popping the pages into the ADF. This'll let me capture stuff I want to preserve without damaging the original.

It's coming from China, though, but I didn't want to pick up the older ET18 Pro that you can get delivered tomorrow from Amazon: this is higher resolution and is the company's first model to support Linux, which means I don't have to connect it to the ancient Surface Pro that's the only Windows box I own.

Claimed "RRP" is $798; actual "RRP" is $629; actual selling price is $597; *actual* selling price with the "quick order now before it runs out" discount code is $504; but for some reason there are still four (three, now) "Super Early Bird" tiers on its original crowdfunding campaign at $399, free delivery.

Fingers crossed I actually get it!

IanW and Isitari like this.
  13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

How many left in the case files series?

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

26, 27, 32, 33, and 40 has 'just' come out...

IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  16. David

Heading north to see the folks at the weekend, so £500 for five nights in a nice little two bed apartment in Dalgety Bay.

Premier Inn wanted ~ £1000 for a pair of rooms inc. breakfast. Fuq that.

IanW, LennyRhys, Pete J and 2 others like this.
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Noice.

We're heading up to the Highlands in the not too distant future to a spot right by a Loch.

Can't wait. Haggis and peace and quiet. Bliss.

IanW, LennyRhys, Pete J and 3 others like this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Another Lego set

[​IMG]

19. Vault-Tec

Oh what fun.

I think the best bit was firstly when the delivery guy told me that it was "easier to roll the square box" before saying "Don't you have a lift?" and then laughing smugly. What I did not realise was the prick was supposed to bring it to my door.

Oddly enough it would seem that rolling a square thing (I didn't BTW, I am aware of the physics of square things not liking being rolled because they're not ****ing round) is a bad idea. Who would've thunk it? Right side door.

[​IMG]

That was on the inside. Of course, it couldn't possibly have been the middle door which once sealed will never be opened again, and of course it had to have damage on the side you see, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"OK OK so look, build it and then call the company and get them to send a replacement door".

[​IMG]

Maybe not. That's the face edge of the top and bottom of the cabinet. So the dozy **** managed to smash both boxes !. Maybe he should go back to college and do a physics degree. Bellend.

Well at least this works. Sorta kinda. Enough for me to tune the rig, though.

[​IMG]

I think the best part was how I ran out of co dydramol, so now remember just how messed up my knees and shoulder are and oh, a lovely dose of triple quack bum to boot as soon as I got up because it also totally stops my IBS. And the kicker is I am going out in an hour for an eye test and can't take any that have been delivered because I didn't know they were coming and took regular paracetamol so can't take any until 3pm. One hour after my eye test.

I think the cherry on the cake now will be desperately needing a chit during the eye test.

20. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Is it IBS or the lack of an opiate? Opiate withdrawal leads to the squits. Opiates make you constipated.