1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Both.

I was put on them in July. It has been life changing. Not because of the removal of pain from the knees and shoulder but because of how it has pretty much stopped my IBS.

I've not been constipated once by them. Before July I would spend a week on the toilet to the point where I felt so dizzy and off kilter that I was bed bound. That would last 2-3 weeks.

I tried everything. Even that common one (forgot the name). All that did was give me constipated diarrhea. What I mean is it would not stop the cramps, agony or dizziness it would just make it impossible for me to get it out, making me feel ten times worse than just spending all day on the bog.

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Pete J, b1g-d0g, adidan and 3 others like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

perplekks45 and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Very nice, I've had a pair that look almost identical from M&S for the last 4 years!

adidan and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  5. Vault-Tec

No I take one look at them, sigh and think "gosh they look so soft and comfy".

Getting old can be great sometimes. Last time I cared about warm comfy slippers was when I was a kid.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Don't worry, not a double order, just bought when I updated the list.

EDIT: also I'm pretty sure that shadow isn't from my...little man.

perplekks45 and adidan like this.
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

"Pretty sure" isn't sure enough, sir!

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You really do like your Dredd don't you. :eyebrow:

David and Pete J like this.
  9. Vault-Tec

And the saga, AKA nightmare, continues. The replacement panels came yesterday. I unpacked them, and yay ! no damage. So I made a cup of coffee, grabbed the bottom and fitted all of the feet. About 30 screws. Thankfully I did have my Bosch screwdriver thing. Flipped it over, and fitted the first side panel. Which uses their click system. In it went. I then grabbed one of the inner walls and attempted to fit that. It just wasn't fitting. After about an hour of trying various methods and continually referring to the manual and then watching the assembly video it dawned on me what was happening.

This is the bottom they sent. Note it is now sitting in my hallway bare.

[​IMG]

In this picture you can see the sides and internal walls.

[​IMG]

Note, the one on the very right in the picture has a tongue to fit into their click system. The one directly next to it does not. It has two dowels and a cam. After about three hours it dawned on me they had sent me the wrong bottom panel.

So I am basically back to square one again. Once again they want to collect it, once again that will take time. I am also leaving here tomorrow, so it is not coming until next week.

All I can say is? buy the Amazon shite. Don't pay double for something you thought would be much better with better CS than Amazon shite from a UK company. Because they are ten times worse.

10. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Looks like laminated chipboard? Surely something from ikea would be just the same?

11. Vault-Tec

Probably. The click system on it is amazing though. It also has USB wireless charging, RGB and a IR blaster internally.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Haven't quite bought it yet, but I've got someone coming out to survey on Monday...

opalux.jpg

Got a bunch of books, boxes, and other printed media that's been damaged by ultraviolet coming in the window over the years - and you never know which of the bleedin' things are printed in UV-safe inks and which aren't until it's too late.

So, enough: the glass in the new office is getting a "museum-grade" UV-blocking film attached. No more fading!

b1g-d0g likes this.
  13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

2 x this. One for me, one for my wife. 349 Euros shipped, no-brainer.

[​IMG]
    And a pre-order for The Store by Bentley Little in the signed, numbered, and slipcased limited edition hardcover from Lividian Publications.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Nov 2022
  14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Finally paid for the thing, so I guess this fits in the spirit of the thread:

[​IMG]

Say hello to my new office! Well, new-office-to-be - right now it's a very expensive climate-controlled wooden box.

trigger, Krikkit, Isitari and 12 others like this.
  15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I need one of these! very nice!

Arboreal and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  16. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Gareth Halfacree are you a vampire, are you alergic to garlic :thumb:

17. Gareth Halfacree

Could go either way: lot of love for blood pudding, but I also think recipes that call for a "clove" of garlic *actually* mean "bulb."

Arboreal, yuusou, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  18. Vault-Tec

19. Gareth Halfacree

Pulled the trigger on the UV film for the office windows, although not the version above: the guys who came to do the survey recommended a different film which still blocks 99-point-whatever per cent UV but also reflects about 40 per cent of thermal energy. Will mean the office stays cooler in summer. Still almost completely see-through, just a slight tint.

I guess it'll also mean the office is a little colder in winter, but not much - and I'd rather have to double up on jumpers than sit there melting in the summer (or have to run the aircon all the time - have you seen 'leccy pricing?!)

Arboreal, Bloody_Pete and IanW like this.
  20. Vault-Tec